NSV--Hubby's Reaction

Options
Cappicorn
Cappicorn Posts: 83 Member
My best friend and I had been planning a shopping excursion for a good month with our biggest goals getting our new running shoes, as we have both been running diligently together for about 5 months now.

We had an amazing time today! I scored two pairs of jeans from Goodwill, as I've been told by my whole family that my current jeans are WAY too big due to my weight loss (I hope to lose more so I didn't want to spend too much money on 'em). We bought our running shoes, other articles of clothing as well as a new workout outfit.

I came home with my new found treasures and hubby spots the Asics box first and asks how much my shoes cost. I got a killer deal on 'em as they typically run $125, but with a 30% off coupon as well as them being on sale to begin with, I only paid $70 for them and told him so. He proceeds to make a why-did-you-spend-so-much-money-on-shoes face, which I was surprised with as I take care of all the money and budgeted ahead of time for this shopping trip. He then apologizes and tells me whatever keeps me running is worth it to him.

Coolio? Totally. But definitely not my highlight. He asked me if I was going to show off my shoes for him. I ran upstairs, debating on whether to put my new workout outfit on to show him too considering his reaction to my shoes. I figured, what the hell, he's gonna see it soon enough anyway.

I get into my new running skirt, shoes and tank top and prance around for him. Once he sees the skirt, he gets the biggest grin on his face and tells me I look amazing.

He really likes the skirt. His reaction was like the cherry on top of my shopping day! Thanks for letting me share!

Replies

• 180farm
    180farm Posts: 230
    Options
    That fantastic. You must look spectacular in your new outfit. Its wonderful that your husband noticed and was so happy. I loved the feeling when I had to buy smaller clothes. I'm really impressed with your running. Keep up the great job.
  • Cappicorn
    Options
    Thank you very much!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Great anecdote! Thanks for sharing!
  • blb1230
    blb1230 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this story!!
  • nomorelies
    Options
    So awesome I can't wait to do they same and get the same reaction:)
  • brickhouse76
    Options
    Awwww, how sweet! Thanks for sharing!
  • dlrcpa
    dlrcpa Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Good job on the workout clothes. Just to let you know, I started buying my shoes from JC Penney online. They will deliver free to the store so you go to the store to pick them up. I know what brand/style of shoe I want, so I keep buying the same ones over again, I need a half size and a wide shoe. Easiest to order them online and Penney's has good prices now. I need at least 1 new pair per year because of all the walking.
  • alemiszki
    Options
    Lol, great story. I love how men are okay with spending money on things THEYYYYYY like (ie: skirt) while things that may motivate YOU (ie: shoes) get 'the face' (I know that face too, trust me). Men are silly :P.

I'm so happy for you though, I can't wait to feel that butterfly feeling you get when you know your significant other thinks you look incredible!
  • katiegregory23
    katiegregory23 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Congrats! This story actually made me tear up a little lol. I know we are getting healthy for US, but isn't it nice to feel sexy for your husband. My husband tells me every day how great I'm doing and has always told me I'm beautiful, but I can't wait to put on a new outfit and actually believe him. It sounds like you have a great support system :).
  • Cappicorn
    Options
    Good job on the workout clothes. Just to let you know, I started buying my shoes from JC Penney online. They will deliver free to the store so you go to the store to pick them up. I know what brand/style of shoe I want, so I keep buying the same ones over again, I need a half size and a wide shoe. Easiest to order them online and Penney's has good prices now. I need at least 1 new pair per year because of all the walking.

We tried on many, many pairs of shoes to finally figure out the ones we want. Now that I know exactly what type of shoes I want, I will definitely look into buying them online in the future. I didn't know about JC Penny's free delivery to the store! Will definitely have to take advantage of that. Thanks so much for the tip!
  • Cappicorn
    Options
    Congrats! This story actually made me tear up a little lol. I know we are getting healthy for US, but isn't it nice to feel sexy for your husband. My husband tells me every day how great I'm doing and has always told me I'm beautiful, but I can't wait to put on a new outfit and actually believe him. It sounds like you have a great support system :).

I do have a wonderful support system! And I still have a tear-jerk reaction when I think of the difference between my attitude and confidence level trying trying on and purchasing clothes 5 months ago to today. It IS nice to feel sexy for hubby, and BELIEVE it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!