For MEN with Low Testosterone.

Options
2»

Replies

• CWSpiegel
    CWSpiegel Posts: 114
    Options
    Just want to thank everyone for the well wishes, kudos, and congratulations!
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Just want to thank everyone for the well wishes, kudos, and congratulations!

Good luck, you'll have to let us know what comes out of this for you. Hit me up if you ever want to chat about it; I've spent way too much time on the subject that's for sure. LOL
  • CWSpiegel
    CWSpiegel Posts: 114
    Options
    Another interesting thing.

While I was looking up why exercise helps create testosterone, I noticed most of the pages talked about adding Zinc to your diet. As I wasn't taking any supplements that contained Zinc, I just kind of passed it over. Today, while looking up foods that help fight colds, I noticed that eggs are one of the highest natural sources of Zinc out there. Over the last 2-3 months, I have had btwn. 2-4 whole eggs every morning, so maybe the boost in Zinc has also helped.

So hit the weight rack...and eat your eggs.

Chris
  • Bobbyk29
    Options
    I'm a 48 yr old guy. Since April I've been on testosterone shots. My numbers were under 200. They now are at 1100. I'm currently working out 3 to 4 days a week. My question to you is. How much recovery time do I need? I'm seeing gains but I've been told I'm not resting enough. I'm not hurting currently n I feel better when working out, mentally. I'm afraid of getting into bad habit of not going to the gym. I really want to take advantage of the shots. I mean why not. I never was in shape. After a back surgeries and pain meds my T dropped. I no longer take pain meds. They didn't work anymore anyway. I really would like to bulk up my chest n arms. What would you suggest I do? And how much recovery time do I really need. Oh, I get 200mg once a week from a doctor.
  • JNick77
    Options
    I'm a 48 yr old guy. Since April I've been on testosterone shots. My numbers were under 200. They now are at 1100. I'm currently working out 3 to 4 days a week. My question to you is. How much recovery time do I need? I'm seeing gains but I've been told I'm not resting enough. I'm not hurting currently n I feel better when working out, mentally. I'm afraid of getting into bad habit of not going to the gym. I really want to take advantage of the shots. I mean why not. I never was in shape. After a back surgeries and pain meds my T dropped. I no longer take pain meds. They didn't work anymore anyway. I really would like to bulk up my chest n arms. What would you suggest I do? And how much recovery time do I really need. Oh, I get 200mg once a week from a doctor.

If you're T is sitting at 1,100 I'd ****ing workout every chance I get. Listen to you body; if you need a rest day take it and don't worry about it. I'm surprised your doc has you that high to be honest. Where's your hemoglobin at? Estrogen?
  • Ta2dchic20
    Ta2dchic20 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    You may have had low testosterone, but you had the cahones to talk about it, and probably helped a bunch of guys who will never say a word about it.

I believe that makes you "da man." Cheers!

Also... once a day was low libido?! So many men are green with envy right now. Lol

So many women too! My boyfriend suspects low T, but hasn't gone to the doctor yet, I'm lucky if he's in the mood once a month. Obviously no matter how understanding I try to be, it ends up being a source of stress in our relationship.

Thank you for posting this! I admire your courage!
  • ukulele2010
    ukulele2010 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Great post, thanks for the info.
  • JNick77
    Options
    You may have had low testosterone, but you had the cahones to talk about it, and probably helped a bunch of guys who will never say a word about it.

I believe that makes you "da man." Cheers!

Also... once a day was low libido?! So many men are green with envy right now. Lol

So many women too! My boyfriend suspects low T, but hasn't gone to the doctor yet, I'm lucky if he's in the mood once a month. Obviously no matter how understanding I try to be, it ends up being a source of stress in our relationship.

Thank you for posting this! I admire your courage!

See if you can find a local clinic or anti-aging center, that might be easier for him to go to. Honestly, not all docs treat it correctly in the first place. I went through three doc's before I found one that would do it right and it happens to be a clinic specific to T-deficiency.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options

If you are getting this prescribed your Dr. will be lowering your dose quite a bit. 1100 is very high. Like a previous poster stated, work out like a mofo and enjoy til your Dr. adjusts the numbers.
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Mine was well under 150 before I had to go on therapy. This was after a year of very heavy lifting.

And to the guy at 1100, don't even think of letting the levels go down. There isn't a thing wrong with being at the higher end of normal.

You take advantage if it as much as you can. Learn the big compound lifts and you want to rest a muscle for 3-4 days between hard workouts. And machines are for the exercises you do between the real work.
    Deadlift
    Squat
    Bent over row
    Bench press
    Overhead press

On the anti aging clinic. They really do it right. Most doctors are useless when it comes to lowT. Even many endo's still think you throw T at a guy and thats all. There is so much more to it than that. Testicles shrink, you become sterile, your estrogen levels rise(causing you to feel just as bad as you did without T).
  • JNick77
    Options
    Mine was well under 150 before I had to go on therapy. This was after a year of very heavy lifting.

And to the guy at 1100, don't even think of letting the levels go down. There isn't a thing wrong with being at the higher end of normal.

You take advantage if it as much as you can. Learn the big compound lifts and you want to rest a muscle for 3-4 days between hard workouts. And machines are for the exercises you do between the real work.
    Deadlift
    Squat
    Bent over row
    Bench press
    Overhead press

On the anti aging clinic. They really do it right. Most doctors are useless when it comes to lowT. Even many endo's still think you throw T at a guy and thats all. There is so much more to it than that. Testicles shrink, you become sterile, your estrogen levels rise(causing you to feel just as bad as you did without T).

I wonder what the doc will do. 1,100 is still within normal range but he's also 48 years old, possibly too high for him. But **** if not, live it up! Just make sure that hemoglobin gets checked.

Good points too. My first two docs just gave me Test and after two weeks I was symptomatic again and they refused to check my estrogen yet they had me going for phlebotomy's every 3 weeks, ****ers. Anti-aging centers seem to be much better and informed. That's about all they really do and they're good at it.
  • paine016
    paine016 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this. I know someone who I think may suffer from low T, but refuses to acknowledge it or get tested. I know it's a sensitive topic for men, and a real blow to the ego. So you have done a service to those who will say nothing. Maybe your post will help some man who suffers from this.
  • harrietsmama
    Options
    Thanks so much for the posts!

JNick. you might want to check into adrenal support if exercise wipes you out like that. Sounds like you might have burnt out adrenals.

My husband is 6 ft and weighs 125 lbs. He has no visable body fat, but seems to have all the other signs of low testosterone. Low libido - like he'd be happy 2x a month, and has trouble reaching orgasm before he gets tired out, I've never had any partner last as long as he does. He has trouble with sleep schedule, stay sup late, sleeps late, takes naps. He is TERRIFIED of needles, he had a trauma as a little kid, and I have seen him 2 times have to go through a blood draw or injection and it was just awful. It took him 45 minutes with his head between his knees for the blood draw to recover, and with the injections he ended up just breaking down and crying for ten minutes and feeling horribly humiliated. It there a way to test through saliva or anything?
  • JNick77
    Options
    Thanks so much for the posts!

JNick. you might want to check into adrenal support if exercise wipes you out like that. Sounds like you might have burnt out adrenals

Yup, that's one of the first things I read after my sleep study which took me down the road of T-deficiency. I'm all better now though. If I can only keep my back healthy I'd be damn near perfect physically.
  • QueenofComeBacks
    QueenofComeBacks Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    one few women to post on this but i wanted to say good for you! Im pretty sure this problem my hubby might have but im not sure how to come across without upsetting him or making him mad. He had the same trouble with getting tired before climaxing and he would be happy with once a month to tell the truth.
  • JNick77
    Options
    one few women to post on this but i wanted to say good for you! Im pretty sure this problem my hubby might have but im not sure how to come across without upsetting him or making him mad. He had the same trouble with getting tired before climaxing and he would be happy with once a month to tell the truth.

Unfortunately for him sexual problems are probably not even the worst of it. Depending on how low he is extreme fatigue in all aspects of life is experienced. Does he golf, exercise, or do anything else physical and if so have the frequency of those activities fallen off as well? What about helping you around the house? Not that men are traditionally great at that either but whatever was done likely is reduced too.

I'm not sure how to help encourage him to go get tested. I personally just was sick of feeling like absolute **** all the time I went and got help on my own. I offered another member on here to send my e-mail address to chat with her husband about it. Treatment isn't the end of the world and he will feel better almost instantly. Also, some men look at the possible side effects of therapy but the possible side effects of not getting treatment are just as bad. So you can take treatment, feel better, with certain risks or you can not get treatment, feel like ****, and still have certain risks. When my ex-wife first thought about this and got mad at me for pursuing it I told her I'd rather feel great for another 10 years then live and feel like **** for 20 years.
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    crossfit is ay brand... its olympic lifting/chronic cardio/supersets
  • patrickkelly69
    Options
    What's ED?
  • JNick77
    Options
    What's ED?

I believe it refers to Erectile Dysfunction.