how often do u exercise?

Options
I an just wondering how many days a week ppl work out?I try and something everyday,but feel i am wearing out as i just got home from 24hrs at work and doing my usual jillian michaels dvd is not appealing to me..so was thinking wud it hurt to have a rest day?!

Replies

• angellmoore
    angellmoore Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    When I first started this I did a Jillian Michaels DVD 7 days a week. Plus I ran 4 days a week on top of doing the DVD. I did that for 3 months. Now I make sure to take one day off to rest those muscles. I still try to be active that 7th day, but not do a full on work-out. I have learned the body needs time to rest and repair itself. :)
  • marcenepea
    marcenepea Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I don't excersize as much as I should and just got back in to this. But I would say take the day off!! 24 hours at work and being tired sounds like a good way to get hurt if you work out. I have heard that your body needs a rest day occasionally. Not sure of the truth to this but it makes alot of sense. Take the day off and don't feel guilty. Tomorrow is a new day. :)
  • Superbritt2drescu
    Superbritt2drescu Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    6 days a week, Sunday is my rest day. Sometimes I have to switch that day to a different day of the week. But rest is important.
  • nikkihealthy2011
    Options
    Twice a day for the most part. This works for my fear of gaining. I am not saying for everyone to to do it, it just works for me :)
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I make sure I do seven hours of hiking/brisk walking every week.
    Then I divide that over the days, depending on how busy a week I have.
  • ShyFeather
    ShyFeather Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I used to exercise 6 days a week, 3 days on my bike and 3 days working on archery. But the past few weeks the heat has been so horrible that I can't go out on my bike. And of course one of my few arrows had to lose a feather and there's really no point to shoot with only three arrows left. I wouldn't be getting any practice done. So now I'm waiting for this drought to be over and to get new arrows and limbs >.< Hate when life can get in the way of things you want to do. On the up side, school starts at the end of the month and I'll be riding my bike to classes.
  • PlaceOfASkull
    Options
    1-2 days a week.
  • staceyd90
    Options
    Wow, feel lazy compared to most of these comments...I do a 60 min cycle or a half hour run either every other, or every 3rd day...
  • jendraka
    jendraka Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I try to go for a walk every morning(2-4mi), weather permitting. Other workouts are done either in the afternoon or the evening 5 to 6 days a week.
  • Nerdybreisawesome
    Nerdybreisawesome Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I work out 3 times a day Monday to Friday. Take Saturday off and then do something small on Sunday.
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Right now, 4x per week. 3 karate classes and 1 day in the gym lifting weights.
  • jd5351
    jd5351 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    At least 6 days a week, at least 30 mins. I do it in the morning most often, because then I can't use the excuse that I'm too tired from work.
  • dragonflyjen
    dragonflyjen Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    As the other posts have shown you have to do what works for you. Think long term, and how exercise fits in with your life. Personally I think it is better to have a rest day, and by the sounds of it you need it. If you think you'll feel guilty, then just promise yourself that you will work extra hard tomorrow, and maybe you could do it for a bit longer than normal.
  • bossladyday
    bossladyday Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I exercise everyday since I started Jillian Micheals dvds. I did 30 day shred straight for 30 days and now Im on day 5 of Ripped in 30 and Im going to do that for 30 days straight. I'm also doing the Couch to 5K program ( Im on week 2 day 3 with that) and I do Hip Hop Abs and Zumba from time to time :)
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I lift weights 3x/week (minus the occasional missed workout) and do some form of cardio 2-3x/week for somewhere around 30 min per session (less if doing HIIT/intervals, more if steady state).
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,784 Member
    Options
    5 to 6 days a week. But they are busy. I Zumba 3 nights a week play racquet ball 2 nights a week, 20 minutes on the elliptical 3 or 4 nights a week and I've started adding swimming to those nights also.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Wow, feel lazy compared to most of these comments...I do a 60 min cycle or a half hour run either every other, or every 3rd day...

Lol this. I walk a couple times a week, maybe.
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    5-6 days/week. 1 hour of cardio and usually about 30 minutes of lifting per day.
  • petiteLady89
    petiteLady89 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I think like 4-5 days a week. No set cardio. I try to get out and take a walk with my boys, or ride the bike pulling the trailer 1-2 times a week. My workouts are mainly strength training and circuit training DVDs.
  • anothermop
    anothermop Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    60-90 minutes / day, 6 or 7 days / week.