Options
    I lost over 60 pounds using it.

Was it worth it?

Hell, yeah!

WHAT HE SAID!!!!!
  • LeelaLosing
    LeelaLosing Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I have really been wanting a fitbit and was going to buy one this week, but I bought clothes instead. :smile: I have been successful with weight loss, so, while I think that the feedback from the fitbit would be interesting, it isn't something that would be essential to my weight loss. My closets; however, are pretty void of clothes that fit me nicely so I spent the $100 on that instead. I can't wait to wear my new outfit!!

good call.....having clothes that fit you are a mega confidence-booster. whether you are going up or down the scale i've found :-)
  • ShaunaLaNee
    ShaunaLaNee Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Out of 10 friends that own them, only 1 has good things to say about it. I got a polar for that price, more accurate and useful. Every friend I have that has bought a polar has loved it and lost more weight:)
  • angelalf1979
    angelalf1979 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    It doesn't integrate automatically with this site but the Nike Fuel Band works great and is easy to wear/use (won't fall off etc...). I highly recommend it.

This is not true. It does intigrate with MFP. And I :heart: my FITBIT!!!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    It doesn't integrate automatically with this site but the Nike Fuel Band works great and is easy to wear/use (won't fall off etc...). I highly recommend it.

I have both and while the fuelband is a nifty gadget and has nice social integration it is most definitely inferior to the fitbit. If you have to choose one I would go for the fitbit.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Jacwhite22/view/fitbit-review-250398
  • sazzyp1973
    sazzyp1973 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I got my fitbit and a polar HRM. The heart rate monitor is much more exciting to me than the fitbit. I think the fitbit will be interesting to give me an idea of what I do day to day just through work etc but for actual exercise then the HRM is definitely the better choice.

in my opinion the fitbit is more than just a pedometer but it is a bit gimmicky.
  • tumblyweed
    tumblyweed Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I think I's love one but I'm waiting for a Groupon deal. :bigsmile:

At this point it just doesn't fit into my 'treats' budget otherwise. :cry:
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I love mine and I got it cheap on eBay! It's been a great tool for figuring out my activity level and actual calories burned.
  • dittmarml
    dittmarml Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I wore the BodyBugg for a year, got tired of the crappy nutrition database, turned to MFP and then bought the FitBit. I love it. The only down side for me is that It doesn't track exercise burn very well and in particular won't go in the water so I bought a Polar HRM for that part of my life. But the FitBit is unobtrusive and the feedback it gives me has been very helpful on this journey. It integrates well with MFP and the FitBit.com site itself has some nice tools. I recommend it.
  • Redtango76
    Redtango76 Posts: 144
    Options

This is not true. It does intigrate with MFP. And I :heart: my FITBIT!!!

I think people are missing the point of what is actually being said here: they are saying that the Nike Fuel Band works great ( not the fit bit) and that the Nike band does not integrate automatically with MFP. So his statement is probably accurate.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I've had my fitbit for about two weeks and I love it. It was a bit expensive, but it has motivate me to walk up the stairs in my apartment instead of taking the elevator. Also I walk places now instead of taking the bus or subway. I like the sleep tracker too. Personally I'm glad I bought it. It also syncs my activity with MFP so I don't have to input the walking I do.

I also got a heart rate monitor (Polar ft4) to track activities that the Fitbit doesn't. Like my zumba classes.
  • poeticallydevine
    poeticallydevine Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    yes its worth it.. i consider my fit bit goals my throughout the day workout, i was looking into the bodybugg and bodymedia armbands but i didn't want to have to wear an band on my arm all day and neither monitors heart rate any way, i wanted to get an idea of roughly what i burn on a daily basis pre-workout. so fit bit was the best option. i can clip my fitbit to my pocket or bra and go. fit bit is very motivating. i love getting a new badge for reaching a fitness milestone. the only time i don't wear it is during my actual gym workouts for which i wear my polar hrm. fit bit syncs well with MFP and both are great together!
  • laureltn
    laureltn Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    We've had our Fitbits for six months. Both lost what we wanted faster than with MFP alone. Have Garmins to log runs and rides, but let FitBit log everything else. The calories FitBit assigns for the rides/runs after I enter the data from the Garmin is always really close, sometimes the exact same number. Like the calorie usage/allotment with FitBit when you are right at, over or under your goal weight because it will adjust your intake accordingly. YMMV, but we wouldn't be without it.
  • lau4491
    lau4491 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    go for it!! I love my fitbit, its part of me, i never take it off unless i am showering, and i paid the extra 50 bucks a year for the fitness trainer so it is slowly raising my goals once a week. I loveee my fitbit:)
  • Alish1974
    Alish1974 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I love mine. I paid full price and feel like it was worth it. I wear mine BFC = bra, front and center and it has NEVER fallen off. It is a great and inexpensive way to make sure you are staying active through out the day. Totally worth it and I would totally buy it again.
  • SueKnapp
    Options
    I LOVE my Fitbit. In the few days I have had it, I find I have been motivated to move more and have lost 3 pounds in 4 days. I have lost 84 pounds altogether and found I was stalled and playing with the same few pounds for the last 2 months. This little gem is motivating me to move more and the rewards have been great! I also have my goals posted to my Facebook page for additional motivation to "get moving"!! It syncs with MFP seamlessly and easily!
  • nascarbettie
    nascarbettie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I had the same question and after reading the posts by everyone, I've decided. I'm getting one. Thank you everyone for helping me decide too.
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    I got mine 3 weeks ago and it has got me walking waaaaay more just to challenge myself! Long story short - since buying the Fitbit, I've broken through a 2 month plateau, lost 3.5 lbs and am eating way more (around 2000 cals a day) because of the Fitbit adjustment when it syncs to MFP. Only regret is not buying one sooner. Note: I wear my HRM when working out rather than the Fitbit. Wouldn't want to be without either of them! :). Good luck with your decision!
  • sgwhit
    sgwhit Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to decide the same thing. Amazon has it on sale for $ 88.36 the black/plum.
  • STrooper
    STrooper Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    If you aren't willing to use a pedometer to monitor your level of activity (walking running, not really useful for anything else) then the fitbit won't be any more hlp to you. As for the sleeping function, it might give you two insights: how many times in the night your movement/activity level is high enough to be counted by fitbit as being awake and how long your sleep time is.

I've had mine for a month and I have been surprised how much more energy expenditure is counted from "moving" than I was putting in from just my estimates from MFP. If I was just starting out the fitbit would provide more information that just a pedometer. I am still using and comparing both and have committed to that for the rest of this year.