Hobbies? Things to occupy your time??

Options

Replies

• thedancingleper
    thedancingleper Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I paint, but it's more than a hobby for me. These are a couple of my more forum appropriate pieces...

folksinger.jpg

The2BActivity2BRoom.jpg?disposition=download
  • Tina0807
    Tina0807 Posts: 212
    Options
    I am definitely a crafter. I scrapbook, and blog but my biggest thing is making hair bows for little girls. I'd attach a pic if I could figure it out....lol
  • PattieCakes23
    Options
    I design.
    I sketch, pattern making, and sewing. I'm currently working on getting things made to.open an etsy shop.
    I also blog. I have a random, everyday blog. And my blog for.my fitness journey.
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I have tons of things I do: sewing, painting, drawing, reading, kayaking...but in reality....there are only a few things I constantly do.

But, right now my hobby that I'm ACTIVELY pursuing and doing all the time involves raising fish and plants in aquariums. That's my love right now. I have a 75 gallon tank of semi-aggressive fish and a 30 gallon tank of community fish (has angels in it) and a 10 gallon which is more like a medical tank for sick fish. Basically, my hobby is fish keeping. I also keep them heavily planted so that means my second hobby is raising aquatic plants and learning how to get them to grow. Trust me - that alone is a pain and difficult. I've never learned so much about water quality and chemistry than in the past few months.

During my free time I read my Nook and watch science fiction movies. I'm currently fixing up my bike and plan on trying to see if I can get my butt wheeling away to exercise so that may be a future hobby. Today, I learned to remove wheels and add new tubes. It was an experience. I guess my new hobby is discovering what you need to do to fix a bike and get it running.
  • Briski1411
    Briski1411 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Some good quality alone time with myself and a bottle of Jergens often holds me over........... Oh wait u meant play like with stuff or go outside and dig a hole.......oooopps my bad!!!
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I play guitar, keyboard and make some noise with PC-based music technology, a long-standing hobby of 25 years or so.

I play cricket every 2 weeks winter and summer.

And lately I've turned into a nutrition/exercise book consuming monster.

Oh, and I parent ;)
  • ChcolateLady11
    Options
    Photograpy for me, love it!! :-)
  • midschool22
    midschool22 Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Bicycles. All day every day.
  • elijhasmomma
    elijhasmomma Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Wow there are some amazing talents in here!! I used to play piano and then I stopped lol. I want to pick up guitar. I love photography and have done scrapbooking before I had my son, but the things I always wanted to use where just so gosh darn expensive.

The bath soaps seem like a really fun fun time!! I wonder fi they would be bad for sensitive skin maybe? If not, I'd love to find out how you do that!!

I've played chess a time or two in my life ;)

I enjoy video games and I love swimming. I wish I could grow a garden where I live, because I'd love to plant some flowers and fruits and what not.

I used to LOVE baking cakes...but when you bake cakes, you want to taste them. LOL..I enjoy cooking period. I almost went to culinary school, but opted for Northwestern State University where I currently major in Addiction Studies under Psychology.
  • tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Nothing artsy or Martha Stewart, just some time wasters-

we have rental property in a neighboring town so theres a lot of driving involved
    luv baking, bread, cake, pastry,mmm just love to leaven!
    I read. A lot.
    latch hook rugs
    prowling used bookstores, used clothes, etc
    we're like an episode of Animal Hoarders with 5 dogs to keep us busy
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    OP an the dancinglep... Your artwork is absolutely fab... Very nice.
    I suck at painting. My husbands the painter. Hes very good. His art is on a website, and gets requests for tattoos and album covers.

Today I gardened, and did some shopping at thrift stores, and groomed one of my pomeranians. She got the beauty parlor treatment. Oh, I have my cosmetology license, since the 80's, and I still love to do hair. Even dogs hair. : )

I also well right now... I don't do many hobbies. I go to work, go home, work, home, work, home... I did do quite alot of bellydancing, & ice skating.. Which maybe I will go ice skating tomorrow. That sounds fun...
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    :smile: I paint, draw, scrapbook and write. As for fun ideas for toddlers, do you Pinterest? There are neat ideas there. April Fool Girl

I've heard of this Pinterest on Facebook, but Idk really what it is or what you do with it?

Think of Pinterest like a big magazine full of great ideas/recipes. You "pin" the ideas you like and when you click on the picture, it takes you a website that will give you instructions/directions.
  • mokoko123
    mokoko123 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely more crafty - I like making cards, scrapbooking, stamping (all takes time & space though - don't have much of either lately), I like to crochet, cross stitch, play cards (usually just with family or kids), Wish I had more time to do the stuff I enjoy - I am a single parent and work full time - free time is very limited!
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    i sew- and at the moment mostly alter clothes : celebrate:
    i make hula hoops
    i read (loads)
    i bake and have fun finding new recipes as my flat mate is dairy, nut and egg allergic so i am making recipes he can eat and i am going to try looking into sugar free ( & no nasty artificial sugars) cakes after next week ( given up all* sugar for 2 weeks to see if it is possible [* i am having milk, dairy, veges and some fruit])
  • poetgurl2005
    Options
    I like to iron (might sound wierd, but I find it soothing), and I also like to cross stitch.

24615602.png
  • elijhasmomma
    Options
    :smile: I paint, draw, scrapbook and write. As for fun ideas for toddlers, do you Pinterest? There are neat ideas there. April Fool Girl

I've heard of this Pinterest on Facebook, but Idk really what it is or what you do with it?

Think of Pinterest like a big magazine full of great ideas/recipes. You "pin" the ideas you like and when you click on the picture, it takes you a website that will give you instructions/directions.

ahhhhh ok, i get it now. i always see it on my newsfeed on fb, but didnt really take a big look into it. i just thought it was a bunch of clutter lol!!
  • elijhasmomma
    Options
    OP an the dancinglep... Your artwork is absolutely fab... Very nice.
    I suck at painting. My husbands the painter. Hes very good. His art is on a website, and gets requests for tattoos and album covers.

Today I gardened, and did some shopping at thrift stores, and groomed one of my pomeranians. She got the beauty parlor treatment. Oh, I have my cosmetology license, since the 80's, and I still love to do hair. Even dogs hair. : )

I also well right now... I don't do many hobbies. I go to work, go home, work, home, work, home... I did do quite alot of bellydancing, & ice skating.. Which maybe I will go ice skating tomorrow. That sounds fun...

That's awesome. I've gotten a few requests for tattoos. in fact, I've designed all three of mine, but am looking to get one covered as it was a foolish...foolish foolish idea LOL.

I have been ice skating..ONCE lol. In Denver at a rink. I'd like to do it again as I was pretty successful, but am not sure how well my poor ankles would hold up now a days LOL:sad:
  • 2drunk
    2drunk Posts: 7
    Options
    Poker, Golf and Music
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    No not really lol. I watch a lot of stuff on netflix and I read. But I mostly don't have time for anything... I already have a hard time fitting working out into my life.
  • Jenny111372
    Jenny111372 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Other than my kids and all things outdoors..lol..one of my favorite hobbies would be scrapbooking and altering items such as frames, word books..things like that. That hobby has taken a hit as it always does come spring and summer because I would rather be outside or doing something with my kids.