No late night snacking - 01/04/2010 to 01/11/2010

Options
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/73875-no-late-night-snacking-12-28-01-03-2010?page=2#posts-1012154

WELCOME TO THE NEW YEAR!!!

If you are new to this, come join our group. Set your own time (could vary from night to night). This is for all of us who do great during the day, have a healthy dinner, and then blow it with our late night snacking.

Come post your successes and your weaknesses and come encourage us :)

Replies

• lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

Sorry about missing out on posting towards the end of the week. Wasn't near my computer. Wouldn't have matter. Had nothing good to report.

BUT, today is a new week and I am excited about getting back into the swing of things. We have bathing suit season right around the corner, so any new resolutions or commitments we have made, let's stick to them together.

To get myself started, I'm going to make my cutoff time for this week 9 p.m. until I can get back into the swing of things, then decrease it to 8:30, 8, 7:30, and hopefully 7 as the week progresses and I make this a way of life and a habit.

Hope you guys had a great weekend and can't wait to hear from you :flowerforyou:
  • DiDislosingit
    Options
    I didn't get a chance to report on last weekend. Just wanted everyone to know that I met my 8:00 p.m. cutoff both nights. This is such a great motivator. Thanks for thinking of it. We all will be much lighter for it.
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    To a new week and NLNS! :drinker: Lulabelle, I like your idea to ween yourself from eating late.
  • Nikki143
    Nikki143 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    HEY! I am in! I haven't been doing too wel.. Today is a new day... 7pm is my cut off time.. It worked before..
  • Nikki143
    Nikki143 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    HEY! I am in! I haven't been doing too wel.. Today is a new day... 7pm is my cut off time.. It worked before..
  • karleen
    karleen Posts: 260
    Options
    o i want in on this! last night i was almost about to go eat watermelon at midnight after i put the baby down [yea i know its just watermelon but all that sugar before bed is bad!] instead i just had a big ol' glass of water with a piece of lime in it.

late night eatings my biggest problem!! heres to a new year haha
  • teetee1281
    Options
    Last night, I did pretty well, I was done eating by 733pm. Tonight, I am going to shoot to be done at 7.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    DiDislosingit - Awesome. Weekends are my hardest. I am extremely impressed and motivated.

Karleen - You poor thing on being up at midnight. But Way to GO on the glass of water and lime. No small feat.

Nikki143 - I've missed you. No worries. Just keep at it. Make your time a little later if need be and work your way into it. The holidays messed with us all.

teetee1281 - Keep up the great job. You are an inspiration.

Dewdrop, are you going to join us again?

Last night, I was going to make my cutoff at 6:30, but we didn't even dinner until then. So 7 it was for me. About to sneak a bite of my baby boy's ice cream sandwich, looked at the clock and realized it was 7:01 and that was it for me. But I had a rip-roaring headache (still do) and so ended up being in bed by 8 anyway. Woke up at 9:15 to tell my kids to go to bed, and they were already in bed with teeth brushed. I am a very blessed woman, if not an inefficient mother (at least for the night - but they understand).

Hope your night was successful!
  • deedeehawaii
    deedeehawaii Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Oh my, how did you all know that late night snacking was my hardest time?? I think it is because I hate to eat in the morning (so that is an easy time), at lunch I am often too busy to take time to eat much, and at dinner I concentrate on eating a full but healthy and low calorie meal. It is at night, when all is quiet in the house, and I am playing on my computer, that my tummys starts to taunt me. "Here I am, down here, and I want attention. Just a little something please. Please, Please, PLEASE. And NOW!!!"

Ugh that tummy. I did eat an apple as a snack tonight, but that did not keep the 'ol grumbler tummy quiet. I might name my tummy. Ivan the Terrible? The Monster Within Me? Gigantous?

This thead might be just what I need. DeeDee
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    Glad to have you deedeehawaii.

I was never a big breakfast eater. But now that I have stopped eating late at night or right before bed, I find that I am actually hungry in the morning and load up on protein in oatmeal with peanut butter and it has made a huge difference. Also, peppermint tea has been my savior in the evening as it makes me feel like my teeth are constantly brushed and helps to stave off the hungers. If it doesn't, then I just go to bed and figure I'm just bored eating.

Can't wait to hear of all your successes. We are working on best out of 7 (week by week)
  • deedeehawaii
    Options
    Thanks LulaBelle. Say, what do you mean about "working on the best out of 7 (week by week)"?
  • teetee1281
    Options
    Thank you Lulabelle. I think I always had good habits, my weakness was just eating the wrong thing and too much of the wrong stuff. Now, I am combining better foods with my old habits and I am REALLY seeing results. I find, having people to share it with also inspirational!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    Thanks LulaBelle. Say, what do you mean about "working on the best out of 7 (week by week)"?
    For example, this week started on Monday night. I was able to reach my goal so I am 1 for 1. By the end of the, 7 days, see how many days you succeed. Best of 7. If it is only 3 this week, then make it a goal to do 4 next week.

Also, don't be too strict on yourself in the beginning if you find it hard to achieve. For me, because I am resetting myself again after the holidays, my cutoff time is 9, but I am slowly going to taper it down until I get to about 7 p.m. But I find that being too strict in the beginning sometimes can be a recipe for failure and discouragement.

Hope I explained all that correctly.
  • deedeehawaii
    Options
    So, is the goal just "no late night snacking"? I'm kinda lost on what this thread is tracking .... Thanks. DeeDee
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    So, is the goal just "no late night snacking"? I'm kinda lost on what this thread is tracking .... Thanks. DeeDee
    For most of us, we eat really good up through dinner. Then sabotage all our efforts with the munchies at night, a lot of times going over our calories or making poor choices.

So most of us are trying to make a cut off time for "no late night snacking" (like 2 hours before you go to bed). But you can add your own personal goals. Maybe no late night "junk" snacking if that works for you.

Everyone has to set their own goals as we all have different schedules and needs. It's trying to get a healthier outlook on food and eating for nutrition sake rather than boredom or emotions.

Hope that helps a little in explanation.
  • healthworks
    Options
    Just ck- in in :

Mon 01/04 - done by 6 pm. 4/4 :smile:

Catch up later!

Have a :smile: day!!
  • teetee1281
    Options
    Tonight was great! I was able to make it from the gym, shower, and eat all before 7pm, just barely, but I was successful.

Everyone have a good day!
  • Bebe
    Bebe Posts: 22
    Options
    Thanks for everyone's support last week when I reached a goal and said, 'Yeah me!'

Farasha, keep up the good work. My brother always told me, a lot of people bring donuts and bad stuff to work. He said no matter what they brought in, you can look and admire and CHOOSE not to eat it. When you make the choice yourself, you become pretty powerful. He always had healthier snacks to choose from, if he got tempted.

So when my family has snacks, and we have them a lot, I just try to have something healthy. And, I treat myself once a week to something special. Whether it be an ice-cream sundae, a small piece of cake, or even whipped cream, pineapples and bananas. One serving of that once a week will not kill anyone, and it just makes me feel I am not totally depriving myself.

That's my philosophy about eating, anyway.

Good luck everyone. Have a great week!!!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    bebe - i love your healthy attitude about it.

teetee1281 - awesome job getting everything done by 7. You are on a roll.

healthworks - 4/4? Thumbsupsmiley.gif

Well, I got everything in my belly by 7 last night and then went to the gym for 1.5. By the time, I was so rocked, that I couldn't have possibly had the energy to even put anything in my mouth. So it worked out. That's 2/2 for me :)
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    privateeye-privateeye-detective-sherlock-smiley-emoticon-000225-design.gif
    Searching for all those lovely ladies that posted at the beginning of the week but haven't been on in the past day or so. How is your week going? Let us know.