any positive ppl looking for another "friend"?

Options
Hi y'all! I've been tinkering with MFP for over a year (okay, most of that time was just receiving the, "Did you fall off the face of the planet because you haven't logged in for five months" type of messages. After most iterations of "trying to get healthy", I've realized the fact that most successful people have already realized. This is not a diet. This is not a fad. This is not until I can fit into that dress, swim suit, smaller size. THIS IS FOR MY HEALTH AND FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE!

Wow, that's a big realization. The rest of my life? Yep, that's the case, so I better get in gear. I'm realizing that I have a LOT of negative people in my life. Boo on them! Hey we all have bad/rough days, but we shake it off and move on to the next one, right? I'm tired of nay sayers.

If you agree or in a similar spot in your life then please add me as a friend!

Oh, wait, please add me as long as you aren't going to to try to sell me anything. That's pretty annoying. Good luck with your business. I wish you well, but don't want 18 million messages/updates about the great sale you have going on right now.

Have a great day!!

Replies

• dxbmatt
    dxbmatt Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey there, just read your post and couldn't agree more...!
    Having Always been fairly active, id never really taken much care about nutrition, i Always ate what i wanted to eat! However, as a new dad to an amazing 2 yr old boy ive started to think more seriously about my health. I searched on the Apple app store and I've now been using MFP for just 4 days... But I'm hooked!!

Most people think I'm silly counting calories, so it would be great to be connected to someone equally as positive as me!

Cheers

Matt
  • tfraley10
    Options
    Hi, I just joined this site and I'm really excited about it. I've always been into fitness and exercise, but have never really tracked my diet. I have just tried to eat healthy. Portion control has always been an issue. I'm positive about being fit and healthy, and will never try to sell you anything. lol.
  • mandyshippe
    Options
    I feel the exact same way! I'm looking to get in shape and to be healthy! I'm always looking for positive people that can support me as I support them! Feel free to add me. :)
  • rickypo
    rickypo Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey,

I went to the doctor in April and when I was weighed I was at a weight that really scared me. I was going through the process of the bariatric surgery but that is really not what I want. I would like to do this on my own!! So...My family started changing their diet and exercising with me. Well...that lasted only about two weeks and I no longer have a support system. I have been keeping up with my diet and I try to exercise for at least an hour a day. The hard work is paying off for me. In my first 3 months I have lost 35 pounds but I have 150+ to go. I would definately like to add positive MFP friends to join me in this journey.

Rick
  • Afterblue
    Afterblue Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Well, I am certainly positive. I log in everyday to track food/exercise, but I am active with advice/encouragement only on weekends. If that is okay, I could do with some positivity too.
  • RunAlyndaRun
    RunAlyndaRun Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I look forward to getting to know each of you:)
  • Spanntastic12
    Options
    I definitely try to be supportive and positive. I offer advice if asked. This is your journey...you just allow us to be a part of the ride and help get you there. :smile: Add me if you'd like. I want to wish you good luck!!!
  • jsabet
    jsabet Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Positivity and good peeps go a long way. Being healthy is definitely not a fad, its a lifestyle. Feel free to add me.
  • Kellyhughett
    Kellyhughett Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I joined about a month ago but just started looking for friends. I'm in the process of making healthier lifestyle choices as I will be turning 50 in a few months(better late than never).
  • ToneItUp87
    Options
    I'm looking for friends, if anyone wants to add me? :)
  • Summermaus
    Options
    I like your attitude! Staying positive is so important, so let's surround ourselves with positive people :3
  • SkinnySonia79
    SkinnySonia79 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi There! I think a lot of us are in the same boat. I am tired of making excuses. I've just joined this site today and hope it will be a great tool to track my success. Good luck to you and to everyone!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,022 Member
    Options
    It is important to be around positive people, being around negative people can really bring you down. I am on here everyday and love it I have found alot of encouraging motivating people on here. I would love to encourage one another
  • rebbiebear
    Options
    I just joined and everyone is so right: a positive attitude is essential to this kind of undertaking. In my work career as a RN I've seen amazing things happen by people who have a positive outlook and supportive people around them. As a newbie, I could definetly use positive upbeat helpful people arouond me. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • AiimeeDee
    AiimeeDee Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hiya! Glad that you made the decision to come back and what a great out look you have even if the "real" people in your life are not so positive. I'm an addicted MFP exercise junkie trying to do the best I can to eat healthy & balanced meals. Feel free to add me, always enjoy encouraging others along their own way. And I will not ever try to sell you anything ;)
  • laineeadair
    Options
    I too am looking for positive friends. I have absolutely no support at home with my new eat clean, train dirty lifestyle choice. Today was my first day of the insanity workouts and I haven't yielded one friend on those boards (sad to say). I'd really love someone to send me a little note on occasion (or daily, ha ha) that reads... did you get your butt off the couch today?! It can be really difficult to stay on track when you are doing something that changes your entire way of living all at once! Someone to be accountable to would be wonderful! I have lingered on and off of MFP for at least a year, maybe two and never really took it seriously. I didn't understand the concept of abs are made in the kitchen AT ALL! I figured I'd always been thin, I could eat what I wanted within reason as long as I worked out SOME, lol. I have since learned there is a HUGE difference between healthy eating and clean eating. It can be really rough and I am still learning. I have started blogging daily and found that even though I know no one is reading it, it REALLY helps me to stay on track and keep things in perspective. At the very least, I make myself laugh. If anyone that has replied to this original post would like to add me, please feel free! I would love to make some friends too and I promise to be a motivator! :)
  • hlovett50
    Options
    Thanks for inviting me to be your friend. :blushing:
  • firemanfred
    Options
    positive peeps = great success need all the help i can get!!!!
  • ProjFit
    ProjFit Posts: 143
    Options
    Im so pleased to have read your post. I couldn't agree more about everything you've just said!! =)
  • RunAlyndaRun
    RunAlyndaRun Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I feel so overwhelmed and blessed to have such a great response!!!