For the ladies...

Options
Do you even bother with weighing and measuring during that time of the month? Mine is coming and I usually retain a lot of water. I am only 1 week into this and have lost 2-3 pounds and I do not want to get discouraged in the next week if I gain it all back.

Also...looking for motivational buddies! Feel free to add me :)

Replies

• jenbehe
    jenbehe Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I normally don't. I can gain anywhere from 3-5 pounds during the first few days, so I tend to weigh in afterwards so I'm not as discouraged!
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    It's going to happen, just a fact of life. I still weigh in. Sometimes I gain but sometimes I still net a small loss. I only take measurements about once a month anyway so that's not an issue.
  • awerewka
    awerewka Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I have been a little obsessed and weighing every am. Its gonna be hard to not step on that scale. But I may be surprised when the week is done.

I really should take my measurements too. I only have a starting pic and my weight.
  • roxerella
    roxerella Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Don't do it! I have weighed and measured during TOM and made myself utterly depressed and disheartened. Apparently the best time to weigh is 2 or 3 days afterwards as that's when our bodies are most balanced.
  • MsIvy120
    MsIvy120 Posts: 12
    Options
    Sometimes I dont weigh in during that week. If I see weight gain , even tho I know its more than likely just due to TOM , I can still be discouraged . So sometimes I just skip that week weigh in and but keep with logging in , and do my work outs and than weigh in next week.