top 6 make up/skincare products you can't live without

Options
1. gosh amazing length and build mascara
2. maxfactor smooth effect foundation
3. neutrogena pink grapefruit wash
4. pai muslin cloth
5. revlon just bitten balm stain in cherish (or any bright lipstick really!)
6. superdrug simply pure spot clearing moisturising cream

what are yours? :)

Replies

• peles_fire
    peles_fire Posts: 501
    Options
    Lancome Lancome and Lancome. Without it, I would look like a hag. With it, I am glowing and beautiful. :)
  • Brengild
    Brengild Posts: 127
    Options
    All Bare minerals
  • haylz247
    haylz247 Posts: 435
    Options
    Lancome Lancome and Lancome. Without it, I would look like a hag. With it, I am glowing and beautiful. :)

there is no way you could look like a hag!
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    All Bare minerals

They used bare minerals on my for my wedding make up and now I would never go back to normal foundation. Bare minerals is amazing!!

That said I don't really know what my top 6 would be as I tend to buy different products all the time. I don't think I've found anything yet which I have stuck to religiously.
  • Kickinkim418
    Kickinkim418 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Bare MInerals here!!!!
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Bare MInerals here!!!!

Yup, me too!
  • igora_soma
    igora_soma Posts: 486
    Options
    bare minerals here too! i just recently made the switch and LOVE it. if i could afford it - I'd add the Nars undereye cream, that stuff is beyond amazing!
  • alladream
    alladream Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I don't use makeup, except maybe a little mascara for the stage (although I haven't been bothering), but sunscreen is mandatory for me, usually Alba Botanica, and REN skincare is good, as are some of the Kiehl's and Origins skincare products, especially serums. When you get a little older, you wish you had worn sunscreen since birth, and you see that the skincare counts for a lot, since at a certain point the skin-canvas starts to get weird if you don't take care of it!!!
  • merB89
    merB89 Posts: 122
    Options
    oooh I am a product junkie! Though I try not to be since I'd rather spend my money on other things. These are my fave though!

1. OPI nail polish in Big Apple Red
    2. Smith's Rosebud Salve
    3. Clinique almost make-up
    4. Cetaphil daily moisturizer
    5. Maybelline Falsies Mascara in Brown
    6. Benefit Blush in Dandelion

I love this thread!! Finding new things to try is awesome
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    1. MAC Lip Conditioner
    2. Honest Company sunscreen
    3. Yes to Blueberries overnight hydrating cream
    4. Yes to Cucumbers facial cleanser
    5. Yes to Blueberries facial cleanser
    6. MAC Studio Fix powder foundation
  • abetterjune
    Options
    um. Dr Bronners almond castile soap and Avalon Organics Vit C lotion... that's pretty much all I put on my face on a regular basis. Maybe 4-6 times a year (holidays, special occasions) I'll use bare minerals and some mascara... I basically suck at make up. haha

ETA: CHAPSTICK! Couldn't live without my homemade chapstick. Whew.
  • tashaa1992
    tashaa1992 Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    I have a question, at the moment I wear maybelline bb cream because I can't wear most foundations as they tend to dry out my skin, but I don't like the shiny effect it seems to have on my face. My face is naturally lighter than my neck and arms, so finding a foundation in my colour has always be difficult, but how would you rate powder foundations and does anyone have a particular brand they recommend and why? I would like good coverage and one that could last a good few hours.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    1) Urban Decay Naked Pallette II
    2) Cover Girl Lash Blast Luxe in Black Cabernet (it's a shimmery bronzey color and I love it)
    3) Hard Candy lipgloss in Nude Beach
    4) Hard Candy blush in Pin Up
    5) Caress soap (the old school peach kind)
    6) Fresh brown sugar scrub
  • HeatherLaShae4
    HeatherLaShae4 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    i used to wear bareminerals and LOVED it... but i had to switch to sheercover because it was cheaper, but its still just as good! only difference is it makes my skin jus a tad bit more oily, but not too bad..
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    For anyone that has ever had problems with their skin this is a LIFESAVER!!! My friend gave me a bottle a few months ago and it saved my skin:

1) Carley's Clear and Smooth facewash, makeup, daytime lotion, nighttime lotion...etc etc etc
  • kittyhasclaws
    kittyhasclaws Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I don't wear a lot of make up at the moment, but when I do, I like Hard Candy brand pressed powder, tash tint and metallic eye liner, BareMinerals' eyebrow kit, and Maybeline's Baby Lips balms.
  • igora_soma
    igora_soma Posts: 486
    Options
    I have a question, at the moment I wear maybelline bb cream because I can't wear most foundations as they tend to dry out my skin, but I don't like the shiny effect it seems to have on my face. My face is naturally lighter than my neck and arms, so finding a foundation in my colour has always be difficult, but how would you rate powder foundations and does anyone have a particular brand they recommend and why? I would like good coverage and one that could last a good few hours.

try bare essentials, i can't wear most foundations because they cover my freckles and make my skin shiny - but this stuff doesn't do any of that AND has improved the health of my skin! :)
  • StressedChaos
    StressedChaos Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    1.) Avon super extend extreme mascara
    2.) Avon magix cashmere finish foundation
    3.) Avon glimmersticks eyeliners
    4.) Avon glazewear lip gloss
    5.) Avon anew rejuvenate face wash
    6.) Avon clearskin spot treatment

It's a good thing I sell it since I'm so addicted to it.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options

I LOVE Revlon Photoready foundation... love. I only wear it in the winter but it's super cheap and super awesome. I like the powder or the liquid. I'd rather use liquid with translucent powder over top of it to control the oil, though. Have you tried just a translucent power over top of what you usually use?
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options

I LOVE MAC Studio Fix powder foundation. It's the only foundation I've worn in probably 8 years. I used to have problems with breakouts, but I've had great skin since I started using MAC. It gives a good amount of coverage but still lets my freckles show. I love that I never look like I'm wearing makeup, and that I can not wear makeup and still look pretty good.