Man vs Food

Options
I was flicking through the tv channels and saw some program called "man vs food". The name got my attention, I usually like watching programs about health and losing weight like "the biggest loser", "super fat vs super skinny", "the food hospital" etc. so I thought this is something similar. I couldn't be more wrong. WOW this guy was undertaking some challenges about eating huge amounts of food in American restaurants. I'd imagine many of the items on these menus are well over 1000 cal. Shocking! Has anyone seen this? Don't you think programs like that should not be allowed?

Replies

• beernpizza
    beernpizza Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Jerry springer shouldn't be allowed. Toddlers in tiaras shouldn't be allowed either. It's tv. Just turn it.
  • iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    lol That's America for ya!
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    Oh we love Man vs Food here! Makes me feel ill a lot of the time! But wow, the portions of some "normal" meals!
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I love man vs food but i still think the portion sizes And amount of fried food he eats is disgusting. But it's just an entertainment show, it's not trying to educate or advocate a lifestyle!
  • nwhitley
    nwhitley Posts: 619
    Options
    I love man vs food but i still think the portion sizes And amount of fried food he eats is disgusting. But it's just an entertainment show, it's not trying to educate or advocate a lifestyle!

Yeah, it's purely challenges for entertainment. My son and I watch it all the time.
  • SportyLadyPhotographer
    Options
    I think its funny and it is interesting to see all these different places and i would never eat what he does but my dad's a chef and he's super healthy and even he finds some of it interesting and i had gone to change the channel when he came in :L
  • Hazel0096
    Hazel0096 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I've seen that show once and I was grossed out by it. I do wonder what the rest of his life is like though... does he work out an insane amount? Does he fast for the rest of the day when he is filming the show? Does he just eat whatever he wants all the time? So strange.

And to be honest, it's been so long since I've seen it, I don't even remember what the host looks like.
  • MelBristol
    Options
    So you say "the portion sizes And amount of fried food he eats is disgusting", " I was grossed out by it" and "makes me feel ill a lot of the time". I thought there might be people who after watching this say to themselves that it's probably not that bad to eat so much and unhealthy food. I felt like a super healthy eater in the end of it which is so not true! I agree the show is not there to advocate a lifestyle but don't you think it can make people who eat really bad feel OK about it?!
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    So you say "the portion sizes And amount of fried food he eats is disgusting", " I was grossed out by it" and "makes me feel ill a lot of the time". I thought there might be people who after watching this say to themselves that it's probably not that bad to eat so much and unhealthy food. I felt like a super healthy eater in the end of it which is so not true! I agree the show is not there to advocate a lifestyle but don't you think it can make people who eat really bad feel OK about it?!

No, I think anyone with any sense knows that eating like that is dangerous, and those with no sense, well, they probably don't care about their bodies anyway! It's a fun thing to do occasionally maybe, but you're not going to feel great after a man vs food challenge!
  • MargotAllen
    Options
    I love that show! Haha!!
  • shanice_22
    shanice_22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I love this show! Sometimes the thought of the amount he's eating just makes you go 'ewww' but I just find it entertaining, as it obviously aims to be. It doesn't make me think it's ok to eat like that though.

I also kind of watch it as I want to go visit America again so bad (I'm in the UK) so it shows me what I'm missing lol :tongue: I don't mean the portion sizes, but I mean the variety in types of food and restaurants available.
  • TheLessOfMe
    TheLessOfMe Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Oh we love Man vs Food here! Makes me feel ill a lot of the time! But wow, the portions of some "normal" meals!

I love this show! Haven't watched it since starting my diet though! To be fair most of the food they feature isn't a normal portion. it's a challenge!
  • txbutterfly69
    txbutterfly69 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I think he must really workout because for somebody who eats that much, I figure he would be a very large man. Then again I seriously doubt he eats like that every single day. It's for fun, he probably makes lots of $$$ for his show.

It's all good, entertainment that's all. Many other worse tv shows out there. Actually I feel full when watching that show, so he can eat for me.:laugh:
  • StoutGirl09
    StoutGirl09 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I dont understand HOW he stays the size he is.
  • LemonBurns
    LemonBurns Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I love this show!
  • Lidenbrock
    Options
    Love it. Never miss it.
  • mirandamayhem
    Options

I love this show! Haven't watched it since starting my diet though! To be fair most of the food they feature isn't a normal portion. it's a challenge!

No, I mean when they're just showing food in restaurants before he starts the challenges!
  • kat5556
    kat5556 Posts: 164 Member
    Options

If you've watched it over the years you'd see he is not the same size. He's gotten much bigger. Have to say though, I do like watching the show. :blushing:
  • Chairless
    Chairless Posts: 588 Member
    Options

erm...

BigDl.jpg
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I was flicking through the tv channels and saw some program called "man vs food". The name got my attention, I usually like watching programs about health and losing weight like "the biggest loser", "super fat vs super skinny", "the food hospital" etc. so I thought this is something similar. I couldn't be more wrong. WOW this guy was undertaking some challenges about eating huge amounts of food in American restaurants. I'd imagine many of the items on these menus are well over 1000 cal. Shocking! Has anyone seen this? Don't you think programs like that should not be allowed?

Wow. :noway: :huh: