Mom jeans.... And how to avoid buying them.

Options
Bucky2BeBetty
Bucky2BeBetty Posts: 79 Member
Since we are all working toward having better butts, I thought this article might be helpful when seeking the best possible jeans. http://www.graspingforobjectivity.com/2009/03/mom-jeans-and-dreaded-long-butt.html

Replies

• Maria_81
    Maria_81 Posts: 152
    Options
    Don't shop at Wal-Mart. Those Lee jeans are horrible..
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Reading that made me day. Most I've laughed in a week.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Seriously LOVE this! Funny story, early on in my weight loss we visited my husband's family in California...his step mom had some jeans in my size and offered them to me...they were, of course, all mom jeans and were horrific, some with elastic! I didn't even try them on, straight to Goodwill!
  • LouiseRose92
    Options
    That article was so funny, reading the sequel now
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I just try them on. I know mom jeans when I see them.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Butts don't elongate??? get. out.
  • ShannonBas
    ShannonBas Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Guess I'm just stuck with "mom jeans" then.:tongue:

I can't stand the ginormous gap on the lower back on those low waist pants. (I have a LOT of junk in the trunk and a smaller waist which creates a HUGE gap... can't afford to have them tailored and doing it myself would yield silly looking results.. Lmao!!!) The pockets ending below the butt bother the hell outta me and are quickly set aside in the fitting room. Boot leg cut.... Yuck!!!

I'm just cursed forever... Lmao!!!!!!:laugh: :laugh:
  • Susan_Rae_1
    Susan_Rae_1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    what a funny read! and good advice on how to get flattering jeans.
  • Irish_eyes75
    Options
    Don't shop at Wal-Mart. Those Lee jeans are horrible..

Ouch that hurt :wink:
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    glad i don't care what people think of me.
    i wear what is comfy.
  • KyliAnnHobson
    KyliAnnHobson Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Bahaha! That is great! :)
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    LOL!
  • Icelandic_Saga
    Icelandic_Saga Posts: 2,926 Member
    Options
    OMG that is great! lolol No long butt for me EVER!! Great read :)
  • natesangel
    natesangel Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    LOVE this!!! actually looking forward to dropping another size so i have a reason to shop and getting to try this stuff out! sadly yes i'm clueless about clothes shopping and jeans are the worst, mid-high rise mid section, medium but muscled calves and chunky thighs have made it a nightmare but you know seeing the pics, it looks like a start with the top and the rest will follow!
    too funny and loved the sequel!
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Since we are all working toward having better butts, I thought this article might be helpful when seeking the best possible jeans. http://www.graspingforobjectivity.com/2009/03/mom-jeans-and-dreaded-long-butt.html

I love this, thanks for the link!!! Gonna need some jeans this winter since I've dropped enough weight I know they won't fit!!
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    hahaha!!! This is so funny! Thanks for sharing!!! The pics are hilarious!
  • ShaunaLaNee
    ShaunaLaNee Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Ugg, I'm screwed. I have always had a tiny waste, and a bubble butt, that makes a weird gap in the top of the pants....I guess if I ever start caring what anyone else thinks I'll have to have pants tailored
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Love this! Funny thing is, I've had two pairs of jeans my sister gave me about 20 years ago that I could never fit into. I put them on this morning and they fit! But they look awful! They are complete mommy jeans! My butt looked long too. Now I know why. It kind of makes me sad that I'm not going to be able to wear them. Oh well, on to the next goal! =)
  • lindsy721
    lindsy721 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    LOL!!!!! That's so funny!!! I think I'd get along well with those ladies :-) Wow, I'd never thought about "mom jeans"... but I'm not a mom, so yeah :-P
  • JennafurC
    JennafurC Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hilarious! I don't own mom jeans, nor the dreaded grandma jeans!