Are there any teachers out there?

Options
I just joined and am ready to start my weight loss journey. I have lost the same weight over and over for years and am determined to keep it off this time. I want to be healthier and have more energy for my job and grandkids. I teach first grade and it requires a lot of energy to keep up with 6 year olds! Thanks for any support and help you can offer!

Replies

• ausped
    ausped Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    i sent you a request
  • turkkm
    turkkm Posts: 66
    Options
    I am not sure what you mean. What request? I just got here and don't know my way around this forum.
  • cj_ks
    cj_ks Posts: 15
    Options
    I am also a teacher. I just joined as well.
  • turkkm
    Options
    Good luck to you! For me it will be hard doing this during the school year. Any words of wisdom?
  • Krismarie24
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I'm a special education teacher (formerly a health educator doing wellness coaching and disease management with adults); we're back to work Tuesday. Feel free to add me. And there's a group here for teachers called Teachers Take Charge. Just search the Groups section for 'teachers' and you'll find it.

Good luck with your goals!
  • karylee44
    karylee44 Posts: 892
    Options
    substitute teacher.. for anything from Prek-12, special needs, art, gym, music etc..

you name it.. i teach it..
    im old school.. don't mess with me.

:)
    add me if you want.
  • Math_Geek
    Math_Geek Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm a teacher too. I haven't been active on the forums except for the past 2 weeks or so but have been using the app for a couple months.

School starts back soon, is anyone worried about those stress levels going back up again as grading papers and classes start? I know I am. I'm going to have to make time for the gym as well as make extra time to prepare veges and food stuff.

Have a great school year ladies!
  • turkkm
    Options
    I joined the group, teachers take charge. Thanks for the reply and encouragement!
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Actually, my weight loss has accelerated now that I've already been back at school for two weeks! I'm running around all day being super enthusiastic with 13-year-olds and that burns a lot of calories. I take a boat-load of food to school and I never visit the teacher's lounge when it looks like there might be a donut box on the table in there.
  • loumccrackine
    Options
    Hi All! Just started here too. I'm a high school teacher & counselor in Miami, FL and I too have lost and gained and lost and gained and lost and gained the same 10-15 llbs many times. I just want to feel good, feel energetic and have my clothes fit. Miami can be a tough time to not be "perfect" in, however I am now just looking for these basics. I have a 12 year old and a 9 year old and they keep me very busy - often having to choose their activities over my own. I am hoping to be able to use this forum to help me track and vent and succeed. I know I can do it, as I have before. Looking forward to doing it with support and being able to offer the same.
  • turkkm
    Options
    I am super worried about the timing of starting this with school starting. I am about to plan food for tomorrow. I work long hours and the stress level goes way up during the school year. But, this is my life, so I have to find a way to make it work!
  • turkkm
    Options
    You have already started school Sherry? I am back Aug. 21st officially. But, I have been back in the building setting up and sorting stuff. Glad you are succeeding with weight loss while teaching! That is so encouraging to me!
  • loumccrackine
    Options
    Its all about the planning...sometimes that will be the ONLY thing you have control over. And one of the best things is working in a work out - even a 20 minute walk will help. Don't know where your school is...but in Miami it can be storming in the summer (up until October actually) so I may walk inside or the stairs to just get away for a bit.
  • sbaten
    sbaten Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I teach 5th and6th grade. Having just recommitted myself to weight loss this month, I also wonder how the school schedule will affect things. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.
  • mgs68pony
    mgs68pony Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Welcome! There seems to be lot's of us teacher on here.

I am sending you a friend request.
  • 31kelly
    31kelly Posts: 8
    Options
    Yes I teach Kindergarten. I find it very hard to stick to healthy eating during the school year with all of the food people bring to eat. I think I'll just stay out of the lounge.
  • Sasssy69
    Sasssy69 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    substitute teacher.. for anything from Prek-12, special needs, art, gym, music etc..

you name it.. i teach it..
    im old school.. don't mess with me.

:)
    add me if you want.

I'm a sub too. Yep, we're hard core! :-)
  • LifesPilgrim
    LifesPilgrim Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    7th Grade Reading and Journalism. There is a teachers group in the community section if you would like to join it.

Look at the top where it says Groups and cllick on that then search for the teachers group(s).

Welcome aboard!
  • davisrl0
    davisrl0 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Well I teach preschool, so not on the same level as you guys...but similar hours and schedule probably. I pack all of my foods on Sunday afternoon for the entire week. I pack lunches and snacks, and I try to only eat what's in my lunch box. I never go out to eat, or order food with coworkers on my breaks. If Ive got it packed, I have to eat it. So there is no question. I eat salads for lunch every work day. If you pack them correctly, they will last wonderfully all week in the fridge. Grab and go. Super easy and healthy. I rarely take dinner leftovers for lunch....I eat healthy dinner leftovers for a healthy dinner the NEXT night.
  • ember34
    ember34 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm a high school teacher. Accounting and Business classes and I'm working on my masters to teach Special education. I'm worried about staying on track during the school year too! If you'd like you can add me as a friend!