Running w/iphone... armband or belt?

Options

Replies

• rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    Armband so you don't get caught up in the cords. Also easier to change tracks.

same here
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Having used both, I prefer the belt. I tucky my key, ID, and lip balm in the belt and away I go. Plus, in the summer. . .no risk of odd tan lines. JK. . . sorta. . . :-)
  • mamacita721
    mamacita721 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    iPod in the armband, iPhone in my spibelt.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    When I run, I just hold on to my phone.

Strength training or in the gym it goes in an armband.. and the best I've found is by Belkin. They can be bought at target and are the most comfortable arm bands.
  • princeza9
    princeza9 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I use an armband for my iPhone, it's just something I've gotten used to. Plus I already have a belt pack for my keys, ID, EpiPen and Clif Chews (b/c I have electrolyte issues sometimes). The cord goes behind so it doesn't get in my way or annoy me.
  • Melanie_RS
    Melanie_RS Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    armband...

wish I had a wrist/hand band though b/c I like looking at my running app if I'm running outside. and it's a pain in the butt to get the phone out when someone calls and you have to check to see who it is. :/
  • AinatSkram
    Options
    I've had an armband in the past, but I found it didn't fit properly and annoyed me too much. It kept slipping and I finally got fed up. I recently bought a running belt and love it. I'm able to have a few bottles of water, my phone, id, etc. and not be bothered - don't even realize I have it on!
  • trinitrate
    trinitrate Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    If you're wearing it on your arm to keep the cords out of the way:

Consider getting a bluetooth stereo headset. Should be one out for most of the newer iPhones (sorry dont know the model cutoff that would support A2DP or similar... Im a droid geek). I just got a Samsung stereo bluetooth headset off of Amazon for ~$25. Sounds great, comes with clips for running or biking and even lets you take phone calls or it will read incoming txt messages to you wile you exercise.

Only one small cord that stays behind my neck, never gets in the way.
  • CDG1013
    CDG1013 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    armband...

wish I had a wrist/hand band though b/c I like looking at my running app if I'm running outside. and it's a pain in the butt to get the phone out when someone calls and you have to check to see who it is. :/

I set my ring tones to be different for key people in my address book. If I get a call from one of those, I can answer without looking at my phone by pressing the button on my wireless head set.
  • Cocochickdeleted
    Cocochickdeleted Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I have both an iFitness and SPI belt. Kinda like the iFitness belt better because it's a little bit roomier and seems more waterproof, and it doesn't bounce around. I don't like the armbands because they bug me. I just tuck the headphone cord down my shirt (under my sports bra) and it stays in place pretty well. Once I hit my stride, I don't even realize it's there. The only thing I don't like is the inability to easily forward through songs I don't like but someone said they use the Sennheise headphones, so I am going to look into those.
  • Caitlinhappymeal
    Caitlinhappymeal Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    i need an armband for running but no idea which one to get. the one from the apple store keeps slipping off as i have very thin arms. id be interested what people suggest. im also in england, it rains everyday so id need a case to protect from rain.

Haha you are not wrong about the rain blue x
  • shivles
    shivles Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I just put it in the pocket of my shorts or jacket
  • bradybugsmom
    Options
    Thanks so much for all the great feedback everyone!
  • zoom2
    zoom2 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    armband...

I set my ring tones to be different for key people in my address book. If I get a call from one of those, I can answer without looking at my phone by pressing the button on my wireless head set.

I do this with my Sennheiser/Adidas headphones for iPhone, too. I don't have to mess with my phone at all once I start a run.
  • emacb123
    emacb123 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I tuck it in my bra.

Yep! Me too!
  • NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I prefer the armband, I have a dog leash tied around my waist.
  • polacek1
    Options
    I looked at armband, belts and clips. I found that a new product that attaches your music player to your hand works the best. You can easily change music , volume etc. without twisting or digging to find your MP3 player. The product is an HB Tune at HBTune.com.
  • dandaninc
    dandaninc Posts: 392
    Options
    Just to let you in on a bit of info I found out about Nike+ Running App....

7747072612_13feab3bb4.jpg
  • minnado
    Options
    Definitely belt for me cause the armband chafes me after long distance runs.:sad: Found this great belt that's super comfortable from this review site
    http://www.iphone5cases.com/507/other-iphone-5-accessories/flipping-out-over-the-flipbelt
    carries all of my junk during runs including my iphone without the bounce like a fanny pack. Doesn't carry water so i still hold it in my hand. Not waterproof so a cheap ziplock bag is what i use to protect my phone. To solve the problem with changing music and volume i use headphones that includes the volume and track controls on it.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I used to use an armband, but now I just hold it. I thought it would be annoying, but I don't even notice it when I'm running, and it makes it much easier to change songs! When I'm at the gym it's nice to have the armband though so I don't have to set down by phone when lifting