Exercise before or after breakfast?

Options
2»

Replies

• Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    As others said - it depends on the person. I get to the gym at like 5:15 AM on weekdays, and some days I eat half a protein bar w/some coffee on the way there, and others I only have coffee and do fasted cardio. I depends what my plans are for a workout, and how I'm feeling that day. Some get sick if their stomach is too full, and some if its empty.

Find out what works best for you.
  • BananaBee3
    Options
    I used to do 30 min cardio before eating and it didn't bother me...recently, I've been eating before exercising.

Now, when I'm at work, I find the only way I will 100% get my workout in is if I do it in the morning about 6am, but I know I won't get up before that to really eat much of anything before working out, so we'll see how this goes for me.

I guess it would be pretty simple to drink a bit of orange juice/milk or grab an apple beforehand as well...that takes, what? 5 minutes?

I'm looking forward to finally getting my workouts in at work! I always slack off if I wait :ohwell:
  • bigbear1963
    bigbear1963 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great to see such a consensus! I'll stick to whatever feels right at the time. personally, if I ate then waited 2 hours, I'd be well and truly entrenched at work with no hope for any meaningful sactivity. So' I'll stick to my walk before a quick bite, then off to work. And , I'll try the opposite at the other end of the day....
  • katrinkap
    katrinkap Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    i do before because i will puke, but lately i have been noticing that i feel like i am going to faint so i need to eat something like toast or banana..
  • predent
    predent Posts: 95
    Options
    I wake up starving so I have to eat before going to the gym. I'd say it's up to you though. Surely you wouldn't want to eat so much that you'd throw up, but going there feeling faint isn't a good idea either :)