Starting 30 Day Shred tomorrow 05-08-12 - friends?

Options

Replies

• MoonIite
    MoonIite Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I started it a few days ago :D You can add me if you want.
  • 1n2m3g
    1n2m3g Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 4, second tme around. Love it! Feel free to add me :)
  • Misdy
    Misdy Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Day 1 complete for me! I did a test run on saturday to see what I was in for and I'm sore already!

What weight dumbells are people using? I only have 2kg ones at the moment and they were way too heavy so I've switched to tinned tomatoes for now :laugh:
  • MoonIite
    Options
    I'm using 5 pound weights since that's the lowest I own. I might increase the increment but right now this is the one I'm sticking with. They're not too light that I can breeze through the entire routine without muscle fatigue, but not too heavy that I cant control the movement.
  • princess12370
    Options
    This may be a GOOD thing..I own it already and was trying to decide when to start it. You can add me!! I NEED accountablity as well:)
  • Khloe_Nicole
    Khloe_Nicole Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'll start tonight when i get off work. U can add me i can really use some motivation
  • Sharon_73
    Sharon_73 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well! I just completed day 4 and I am loving the workout!!!
  • tourettte
    tourettte Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I'm on day five, still struggling with cardio parts but getting there, down to one one minute break per workout )
  • dlbinin
    dlbinin Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    How do you add 30 day shred to your exercise diary?

If you have an HRM that's the best way to add it.
  • sark1971
    sark1971 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I just started day 1 today. I tracked it as circuit training, and it was a good workout!
  • MoonIite
    Options
    I just finished Shred level 1 a few minutes ago and burned 200 calories :D I'm not sure I'm quite ready for level 2. I might stick to level 1 for a couple of more days since I'm still having trouble with some of the moves.
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Jillian kicked my butt too!
  • stocklori
    stocklori Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    i am planning to start it tomorrow. i am nervous but let's compare notes after.
  • aimforhealthy
    aimforhealthy Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I posted this as a separate topic but no one replied:

I'm starting the 30-day Shred tonight. I've never done it before, and did an hour of cardio earlier and would like to do a little yoga later to wind down and for extra stretching to avoid soreness. Do you all do ONLY the 30-day Shred, or do you do other stuff with it? I'm okay with it taking the place of my strength training for now, but reluctant to give up my daily yoga and interval training on the treadmill.
  • Vemapris
    Vemapris Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Day 1 complete for me! I did a test run on saturday to see what I was in for and I'm sore already!

What weight dumbells are people using? I only have 2kg ones at the moment and they were way too heavy so I've switched to tinned tomatoes for now :laugh:

I used 5lbs weights today and found them too light...gonna try 7,5 lbs tomorrow. Let's get some burn! :)
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I started today on Aug 5 as well. I used 8lb weights and 5 lbs for a few. The video says do level 1 until you are ready for level 2.
    What I have seen here on MFP is people do it 10 days levels 1, 10 days level 2 then 10 days level 3.
  • MoonIite
    Options
    @bostonandie

I do another workout after it, either Leslie Sansone WATP or jumping rope.
  • ashleew1117
    Options
    I am using 5 pound weights because i feel the most comfortable with those, not to heavy and not to light either.
  • ashleew1117
    Options
    I just finished Shred level 1 a few minutes ago and burned 200 calories :D I'm not sure I'm quite ready for level 2. I might stick to level 1 for a couple of more days since I'm still having trouble with some of the moves.

How did you track the calorie burn in your MFP?
    I am starting this tomorrow & i was wondering how i was going to track this as a calorie burn and if i was even going to be able too.
    This really does more than just a calorie burn you need to look at really everything this is doing for you, because this gives you a little bit of cardio and a lot of strength.
  • playnice77
    playnice77 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Im starting tomorrow, 06-08-12.... :) just downloaded it and looking forward to it!