Cheating on Diet

2»

Replies

• I don't ever purposefully take a cheat day. I eat healthy, and I'll treat myself to a treat as long as it's within my calories every so often. I think making yourself have a cheat day really ruins motivation. At least it does for me.
  • invictus8
    invictus8 Posts: 258 Member
    I have a cheat DAY once a week and I love it. I stuff my face with all the crap that I feel like eating. Lately I've noticed I've been eating less and less on the cheat day because it just seems disgusting. But it's still there, every Friday.

I have zero cravings during the rest of the week as a result, and my metabolism stays "ramped" up.
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Cheat meals are fine, but if you do this right, eventually you won't even want to do that anymore. That'll be a great sign of commitment to this lifestyle change, it'll just become the way you eat and workout and live...

The step after that will be that if you do indulge in a "cheat" meal, you'll actually feel pretty bad about it, not mentally, physically... I just can't eat 4k calories dinner like I used to anymore, I would just be sick.

I feel exactly the same way. I use my cheat meals as a reward for eating clean all week. So far, I'm enjoying it! Helps me stay motivated to eat properly and do my work in the gym. No work = no treat. Simple as that.
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    The only thing I have a problem with is calling it "cheating". It's better to think that you're learning how to eat properly instead of viewing it as "dieting". If you view it as something short term to lose weight, you'll probably just gain it all back.
  • F__7
    F__7 Posts: 371 Member
    I personally don't have cheat meals, nor days to go over my goals on purpose..

I think the cheating meals is taking too overboard in the sense that it should be ok to have a few times here and there to have excesses.

First of all moderation... and control...then once in a while.. IF HUNGRY... eat that you are wanting that may get you over.. but not just because is a "cheat" day...

Bottom line.. eat what's right ALWAYS.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    I don't know. Is this cheating?

Chrisdavey%27s+Food+Diary+-+MyFitnessPal.com.jpeg
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    *gasp* you had toaster pastries!! HOW DARE YOU!

:wink:
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    You weigh yourself today?
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member

That is cheating. You should never settle for the off-brand pop-tarts.
  • GnochhiGnomes
    GnochhiGnomes Posts: 348 Member
    I'm trying to lose fat. Unless that food causes me to go over my calorie limit then I don't consider it "cheating".
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    I don't "cheat", I eat what I want, if it doesn't for in my macros I eat something else. I do a lot of planning ahead so it's become easy now.
    If I know I'm going out shopping for the day, for example, I look for places to eat, the best choice and stick to it and plan the rest of my day around that meal.

I've mostly lost he taste or most of the meals and snacks I used to eat though so it has become easier as time has gone on to not have "cheat" meals/days.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member

That is cheating. You should never settle for the off-brand pop-tarts.

We're not so spoilt for choice in Oz unfortunately :( Having said that, I do have a fair stash of all sorts in the cupboard but I don't mind the toastems.