Water! WATER! It’s a FLOOD!

Options
We all know we have to drink lots of water while trying to lose weight….Wait, you didn’t know that? Ohhhh, you’ve been ignoring that!

Here’s the deal people – Water is essential to all of the physiological processes in our body. Without water, we can’t poop, pee, think or even BREATHE! We need it to keep our joints lubricated, to keep our skin supple, to keep our mouth from feeling like we chewed a ball of cotton for lunch.

Water is not as fun as Coke…or even Diet Coke. I GET IT! I really do! The very telling thing I have discovered is that water is actually quite tasty and refreshing once you get the sodas cleansed from your body. I’ve even had friends of mine tell me they can’t drink water because “it makes them gag”. Really? It’s water! It’s not a dead rat!

To make water fun, try some of the following things:

*drink it through a straw

*try it at different temperatures to see if it helps

*add a little lemon juice or zest

*drink from various bottles or squeezies to see if anything feels good to you

* add a drop of vanilla extract

*try a few sliced cucumbers in it

You can drink water! YES YOU CAN. And you must if you want the weight to fall off.

Since cutting all of the sodas from my diet I have noticed a significant change in my hair and nails. They are shinier, healthier, more hydrated. I even feel like my joints are happier.

The first glass of water starts with a small sip. You can do it!

Replies

• raingirl32
    raingirl32 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I know it sounds totally weird, but I could NOT drink water no matter how hard I tried, until I stole my husbands water bottle he bought for biking (he used it once and then it sat in the cupboard).

This is approx the same model:

http://www.camelbak.com/Sports-Recreation/Bottles/Performance-Bottle.aspx

I seriously never thought it would work, but drinking it with the little straw thing really worked for me! The one I have is 500ml and I can easily fill it four times a day without even noticing. It's awesome!
  • casherrill76
    casherrill76 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Love this...thanks!
  • cayadear
    cayadear Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why drinking water is so hard for some people. I've been off of soda for the past five years or so and when I do take a soda sip I much prefer water now, and I'm being 100% honest.

Chilled water is delicious! :) Drink more of it!
  • auntiemsgr8
    auntiemsgr8 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I'm always surprised by those who don't drink water too. But the one thing I can't wrap my head around is that they now say we should drink half our body weight in water. If I did that I would not have time for anything else!! A gallon of water a day seems too excessive. Wouldn't it affect my electrolyte balance or something???
  • gelega
    gelega Posts: 3
    Options
    I've been drinking at least 8 glasses of water everyday since June. My skin is really nicer than it ever was!
    Tip: Get a cool water bottle and bring it with you all the time!
  • tsmoore925
    tsmoore925 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    This was so me! I said I couldnt drink it that I hated it blah blah blah, but when I got serious about losing weight and changing my way of life, I started out with drinking flavored water and one soda a day, Then gradually went from no soda a day and only flavored water, Then told myself I had to drink one bottle of regular water before I added any flavor, now I am soda free and only drink plain water!! When I do drink soda, I get so bloated and it does not taste good at all. I am so glad I was dedicated enough to teach myself to enjoy water!!
  • AllyLuna
    AllyLuna Posts: 32
    Options
    I was never really into soda or flavoured drinks or even juice, I just wouldn't drink much water after my morning coffee/tea because i didn't like the taste of it. I pushed myself through the taste, now i love it, and a big thing was that unless I'm out biking or in the AZ heat i can't stand COLD water, i like it room temp. Silly i know, but thats what i prefer :)
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I keep a full bottle by me at work all of the time. I take the time, to go fill it up every hour or two, which gives me exercise and more water! During the week, I drink at between 60 and 80 oz of water a day without counting coffee, milk, tea, soda, or juice which I have at least 1 of. I have NEVER had this much water. My lips are still chapped sometimes too... Not sure if there is something wrong with me or not....
  • auntiemsgr8
    auntiemsgr8 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with you. I have found I have drier lips as I age. A male friend of mine a LONG time ago said people have dry lips because they dont kiss enough. And I was ok with that cause I wasn't kissing HIM. ICK!!!
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    This is a great post!! I've also seen in another post someone talking about how amazing it was to add some crushed mint or spearmint leaves to their water.... Looking forward to trying that soon! Water is so incredibly important and so easy to come by. Remember: soda and juice cost money! (and unnecessary calories).
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i'll drink water as long as it's flavoured.
  • kailauli
    kailauli Posts: 19
    Options
    I believe I drank about 2 gallons today. It was hot and sticky out here.
  • Corsetopia
    Corsetopia Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I wish I was a constant 'sipper' or water drinker....Unless I'm thirsty I really don't want it, and that's bad because when you're thirsty you're already dehydrated. Sparkling water is another story - I absolutely love the stuff. Weird, I know. I have to force myself to drink regular water, and I feel like the only way I can do this and keep track is if I do bottled water, 16.9 ounces, refilling 4 times, doesn't seem so bad in the course of an entire day.
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I can't drink that much water. As a teacher, there are no easy available bathrooms. I sorta limit my liquid intake because it's impossible to make it to a bathroom and get back to class by start time. It's crazy but with seven minutes and one bathroom and about 30 teachers on the same floor - we all pretty much deal with not being able to go. There's nothing more embarrassing than jogging down the corridor to be on time and hoping no one else is ahead of you. It truly sucks.
  • cre8inmee
    cre8inmee Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Unless I'm having my morning coffee or the occasional glass of wine at dinner, I'm having water, Crystal Lite, or a mix of the two.
  • Merc71
    Merc71 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    MiO sweetener --- FOR THE WIN.
  • ladysatin
    ladysatin Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm always surprised by those who don't drink water too. But the one thing I can't wrap my head around is that they now say we should drink half our body weight in water. If I did that I would not have time for anything else!! A gallon of water a day seems too excessive. Wouldn't it affect my electrolyte balance or something???

No it won't affect your balance. You have to drink at least 64oz a day for your body to function properly. If you drink coffee or soda, you're supposed to drink that much more. If you drink 8oz of soda then you need to drink another 8oz of water. If you are exercising you have to drink even more than that.
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    YAY Water!!!! I like to put fresh mint in mine :) Also great with chia seeds :)
  • sabinavaughan
    sabinavaughan Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    MiO sweetener --- FOR THE WIN.

I have heard good things about MiO but what is it sweetened with?
  • Leeannboswell
    Options
    I hate cucumber slices in water. I think it tastes like sea monkeys! Plain water is best, but filtered or purified (bottled). Chilled or with ice. Brilliant!