30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30

Options
Hi. About a month ago, I decided that I wanted to "shred" the fat on my body because I'll be going on vacation soon and I want to look nice. So,I decided to do the 30 Day Shred because I was looking for something that would keep me active and inspired for the upcoming month or so. So, I was wondering what other people think of the 30 Day Shred and I would really like to see your results if you don't mind posting them. I'm also considering doing Ripped in 30 so I can get the maximum results before my vacation. Have you guys had any experience with ripped in 30? Should I do both?

Here are my results!
Day 1;Level 1 ( July 16th) : 308xmph.jpg
Day 10;Level 1/Start of Day 1;Level 2(July 26) : 2nqxfnq.jpg
Day 7;Level 2/Start of Day 1;Level 3(August 6) : chs2b.jpg

I still have a long way to go, but Jillian is still kicking my butt with these workouts! :laugh:

Replies

• BrittanyKxo
    Options
    I haven't tried the 30 Day Shred, but it's on my list. You look great! Keep up the good work :)
  • crush86
    crush86 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Just started 30 day shred! I cant wait to start seeing some results! :) You look fantastic!
  • RebelliousRibbons
    RebelliousRibbons Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look awesome!

I just started the 30 day shred and completed day three on level 1. I am so beat that I can barely walk down the stairs. I'm like a cripple!

Does the ache go away/ease up in a few days?
  • MomMel65
    MomMel65 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I know you were looking for advice from folks on doing both of Jillian's routines - of which, I have no advice because I've not tried either. But wanted to say HOLY COW do you look good with doing what you've done thus far!! Great job!
  • melly049
    melly049 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    DO RIPPED IN 30!!!!! lol I just started week 2 in ripped in 30 and I have some awesome results just from the first week! And you burn more calories with ripped in 30!
  • ClaireMarieBloom
    ClaireMarieBloom Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Suunyxsideup, you look phenomenal! You can see a definite difference in definition from photo one (which still looks great in my opinion and I'd love to look like that) and in the last photo.

You look great so whichever one you've been doing, is obviously working.

You and Melly have inspired me to stop being scared of Jillian and go get my own 'ripped' or 'shred' dvd and start my own torture!

Keep up the great work, ladies xxx
  • Angiesolomon
    Angiesolomon Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I've done both, by levels 3 and 4 of Ripped in 30 are harder then level 3 of the Shred. I really enjoyed the challenge of it!
  • Angelabec
    Angelabec Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look awesome!

I just started the 30 day shred and completed day three on level 1. I am so beat that I can barely walk down the stairs. I'm like a cripple!

Does the ache go away/ease up in a few days?

I've just finished day 7, and I know just how you feel, I thought I would never walk normally again after the first few days, and sitting on the toilet nearly killed me, but I'm fine now, so I promise you it does get better :smile:
  • bongoza
    bongoza Posts: 1
    Options
    what is a 30 day Shred and Ripped in 30...would really like to join/start
  • cathyloo123
    Options
    wow these are fantastic results and you have inspired me to get this DVD and give it a whirl and I am very excited to post the results :smile: :smile:
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I'd've been happy with your starting shape! lol But you did very well & got great results! Congrats& keep at it! I've had success with these programs as well. :smile:

ETA: My results (and pics) are in my blog. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/mariposa224 Here's a side view comparison:

7461823074_57be0e7e5c_z.jpg
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    what is a 30 day Shred and Ripped in 30...would really like to join/start

They're workout DVDs by fitness "guru" Jillian Michaels. They're inexpensive, but you can also find some of the workouts (all of the 30 Day Shred ones, from what I understand) on YouTube.
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I just started the 30-day shred a couple of days ago, and am really enjoying it. I can feel the benefits already. I don't know what the Ripped in 30 thing is, but in general it's possible to be doing another workout as well as the 30-day shred - I'm also doing a yoga workout that focuses on core strength, and am finding it complements the 30-day shred nicely.
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    They're workout DVDs by fitness "guru" Jillian Michaels. They're inexpensive, but you can also find some of the workouts (all of the 30 Day Shred ones, from what I understand) on YouTube.

Yes, the 30-day shred ones are all on YouTube - I'm using YouTube as I don't have the DVDs.
  • chantya
    chantya Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have started the 30 day shred but I love ripped in 30 starting it BACK today!
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I just started The 30 Day Shred yesterday and will be doing Day 2 of Level 1 today. :)
  • fstephanie4
    fstephanie4 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Day one of the 30 day shred is complete. I am actually shattered....please tell me it gets easier!
  • aclark316
    Options
    DO RIPPED IN 30!!!!! lol I just started week 2 in ripped in 30 and I have some awesome results just from the first week! And you burn more calories with ripped in 30!
  • msprouse8
    msprouse8 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I did it for 4 days level 1, last week. It does get easier as far as the soreness, but I gained 2 lbs during the 4 days I did it. I have also been running along with doing the shred videos (3-5 miles per day). I quit after the 4 workouts because I wasn't happy with gaining at this point when I still want to loose...however, I measured myself Saturday and I had lost......

~1/2 in hips
    ~1/2 in waist
    ~1/2 in right thigh
    ~1/2 in left thigh

....to top it off, I lost a whole inch in my gut!! I think I may just do it a few times a week now with seeing the "inches lost" results that I got. It does work!!
  • aclark316
    Options
    I just started 30 day shred. and am a little disappointed by how many calories i burn. i am so sore and can tell that it's working but feel that i need to do another exercise to get rid of more calories. hmmm....maybe i'll have to try ripped in 30 instead.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!