How long do you wait before weighing yourself in the am?

Options
2»

Replies

• JenaePavlak
    JenaePavlak Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I believe there is no "right" time, but as long as you do it the same time every day. I personally do it right when I wake up to see how my water retention is doing, because remember the scale doesn't tell you how fit/fat you are.
  • SpeechieMom8
    SpeechieMom8 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I get up, pee, and then weigh. I weigh myself periodically during the week. But, I only weigh in once a week. Monday mornings...this motivates me through the weekend:-)
  • Buksh12
    Buksh12 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    i weigh everday and I always weigh myself in the morning after i pee when im naked before my shower... that way there less variables to affect it... plus its when im at my lowest since i'l be eating skip fulls of food throughout the day.

I dont mind the ups and downs aslong as i see a general slope in weight logged, i get that weight goes up and down 1 litre of water alone weighs 1kg admittedly we sweat and and pee but still thats enough of a fact for me to now worry about fluctuations in my weight.
  • Msbutton
    Options
    I weigh in after about an hour after I get up... I try not to do it daily.... usually mondays and fridays....Mondays lets me know if I went to crazy on the weekends and friday helps me not go crazy on the weekends LOL

where do I get one of those great trackers... I need to explore alittle more I think
  • allstarmom97
    Options
    I was becoming obsessed with the scale. It was awful how often I was stepping on the scale. Now when I do weigh myself, I like to do it in the evenings, after noticing that that's when you get a higher number. Especially knowing that when I go to my Dr appointments they are always scheduled in the evenings. Monitoring the scale closely can be very emotional for me.
  • chicpeach
    chicpeach Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    The proper sequence is: get up, pee, weigh. You are then free to go about your day.
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I hate my scale and have bought 2 and returned 2 and am now on a third one. I need to focus on the fact I just bought a smaller size of jean and not the fact the scales I buy apparently LIE!
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Once a month, naked, preferably having been to the bathroom and on an empty stomach.

I'm taking my measurements once a week.
  • newmooon56
    newmooon56 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I only have scales at the gym, I've been weighing randomly when ever I remember, I usually do it just before I leave to go home. Usually in between 11.30am and 12.30pm

same here- so Ive weighed myself once in a month and have no idea when I will again- I admit- I want to! But I refuse to step on a random scale for fear of it not matching the gym scale I so infrequently visit as it is.
  • SailorJerrysRum
    Options
    I do it every every 2 days and I average the results at the end of the week to determine my final weigh-in amount. I don't feel bad if the numbers go up on a certain day, it could be constipation or retaining water weight and also don't get my hopes up if it goes down. That could be due to dehydration.