BLACK TEAM-New Year and opening to new Members

Options

Replies

• Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Just worked out for about 15-20 minutes on the universal. Yes. I've had a universal downstairs all this time, and have not used it. Yes. I am stupid.

I've opted instead for pushups and free weights. But the arthritis has pre-empted the pushups, and now my arms and back are flabby again which really has me peeved.

Not sure what exercises to do on there which can help the back. I did some lat pull downs...I think. I never know what the heck they're called....but I also did some leg thingies, and some chest thingies, and some tricep thingies.

Three sets of 10-20 each, and I'm pooped. I'm going to put on my email calendar to do these 3x weekly, or I know I'll forget. It was so much easier to hit the floor for pushups before bed...doggone it. :angry:

I think I will also make my diary open. Couldn't hurt, I guess. Still don't see how it will help, but what the hey?
  • healthworks
    Options
    Willow-- I'd like to look into the Chalean extreme-- something new to shake things up.

I have taebo and Turbo Jam-- and I run-- but the DVDs are a bit old--

Hey Gang just on for a few!~

Marla This is my first try at any Beachbody product! I like because its 90 days program.. (Strenght training I love) that can get me back on track. Overall the single w/o arent as intense in themselves as I have done.. but 5 days a week .. now thats a different story.... I will see as I move on and get my form better and add weight. Since I started I have lost 4 lbs... I am :smile:

~~Have yet to catchup on the posts... BUT is anybody else... excited about BL starting tonite!!! ME- ME!!!!
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,758 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!! I am back from vacation and ready to get back on it. I lose the weight then go on vacation and then it takes me until next vacation to get back to the first weight. Well, not this time. I wanted to go running this am but my girls got me sick and I couldn't even swallow my own spit so I went back to bed!!

Hopefully tomorrow will be better!!

I have managed to eat so oatmeal!!! It might be all I eat today!!

Hugs, sorry you are sick. Feel better!

I'm am SOOOO with you on the vactation issue. It sounds like I 'vacation' all the time. LOL. Let me tell you, I love my family, I love seeing them, but this last 'vacation' was 9 nights of sleeping on an air mattresses, 11 people, 3 large golden retrievers crammed into my parents 3 bedroom rancher. I think I shall refer to it as 'family visits' instead of vacations from now on!

Regardless.... family visits make me fat too!
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,758 Member
    Options
    Is it just me or does the incredible shrinking woman in that ad creep anyone else out? OK... that is all.

Totally freaks me out...

Toally creepy! I saw my son watching it over my shoulder last night with a look of horror on his face. Teenage boy!
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,933 Member
    Options
    My youngest baby is 4 y/o today. Where did the time go?

Her birthday present is BL starting tonight. Even hubs said last night, "Biggest Loser starts tomorrow."

Hit the gym at noon today for some walking on the treadmill and rowing. I did it for 5 minutes. My forearms were screaming. Oh boy oh boy. Need to figure out how far I went so I can plan my workouts for completing this triathlon. I'm so psyched!

Marla - What's a universal? Is it a weight machine/set? If so, we have a set up downstairs that I bugged DH about for nearly 2 years. "Put it together, please." "Please. Put it together." I pushed, pushed, pushed. His new step-brother asked him about it, they put it together, I've used it 2 or 3 times. It's been 5 months. :ohwell:

It's great to see all of the new faces. It's also great to see some of the team members that haven't been on for a while.
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Willow-- I'd like to look into the Chalean extreme-- something new to shake things up.

Marla This is my first try at any Beachbody product! I like because its 90 days program.. (Strenght training I love) that can get me back on track. Overall the single w/o arent as intense in themselves as I have done.. but 5 days a week .. now thats a different story.... I will see as I move on and get my form better and add weight. Since I started I have lost 4 lbs... I am :smile:

~~Have yet to catchup on the posts... BUT is anybody else... excited about BL starting tonite!!! ME- ME!!!!

I am super-excited about it starting back up tonite!!:bigsmile:
  • Nonibug
    Options
    I don't know, Roni-- call it a gut feeling, but I just had a sense that you needed a shout-out-- praise God--

You're here-- you're back-- you're with us-- and we'll see you through.

We're all in the same boat, my peeps-- let's start rowing!!!

Marla, Marla, Marla. What can I say? Your terrific, and you have no idea just how much I needed that shout out:flowerforyou: Thank you again my friend:heart:

RONI!!!!!!!!!!smiley-happy023.gif

smiley-happy110.gif

So glad to see you!!

((((((JEANNIE))))) So good to see you! And just look at those arms in your ticker! Im soooo jealous!! Hard as I work I still have batwings:noway: (No offense intended Batman:wink: )
  • Nonibug
    Options
    Good morning to my Black Team! (Can I still call you guys mine?)

Yup, its me...back again (Thank you to Marla for sending a post to me to remind me that you guys are still here!)

Well, I want to be in and stay IN...I have to admit that I have fallen off track a bit. I would say its all due to the holidays, but in being honest with myself...I was just feeling in a rut, feeling burnt out. I was diligently doing 6 days a week at the gym for cardio and throwing in 3-4 days a week of strength training and although I was loving the results, I was beginning to feel like it was a dreaded "chore". So, a friend of mine that is very educated in nutrition and exercise told me to take some time off. I did that. At first I took about 5 days off from the gym, but not with eating right. I continued to eat like I have grown accustomed to in the last 15 mos and I did ok. I went back to the gym after my 5 day "vacation" and felt like I was starting all over again! I mean really, I couldnt do what I had been doing before I left. Well that just served to make me feel worse. I felt like a failure, a disappointment to myself. So what did I do? I stopped going to the gym again and used the holidays as my excuse.

Now its been about 2 weeks (maybe a little more?) since Ive went to the gym or had any type of structured exercise. I totally went back to my crappy way of eating over the holidays. Im really feeling the effects of that.

So here I am Black Team. Im down on my knees asking to PLEASE let me join back up. I seriously need to snap out of this funk that Im in and get back on track! I have come so far and done soooo many amazing things that I never thought I could do and I refuse to go down like this lol.

I havent changed my ticker yet, I will wait for the official weigh in day on Weds, but I fully expect it to be about a 5-8 lb change:ohwell: Anyway, I am back. Isnt that what counts right now?:glasses:

P.S. I am making my way back to the gym this morning...this time without the ridiculous expectations on myself of being able to just pick right up where I left off....

Thanks in advance for accepting me back! (Im hoping for the same open arms you gave Janie here......:wink: )

Take care all...and Happy 2010 to everyone!:drinker:

~Roni

Seriously Roni,

you should never question your place on this team. Your family. I can still remember always trying to "Beat Roni" each week. Looks like I am way behind in the great Batman vs roni ticker war. You my dear are the stuff of black team legend. You always have a seat at this table.

:flowerforyou:

Thanks Andrew:flowerforyou: As always, you amaze and inspire me.

P.S. You "beat Roni" plenty!!:laugh:
  • Marla64
    Options
    My youngest baby is 4 y/o today. Where did the time go?

Her birthday present is BL starting tonight. Even hubs said last night, "Biggest Loser starts tomorrow."

Hit the gym at noon today for some walking on the treadmill and rowing. I did it for 5 minutes. My forearms were screaming. Oh boy oh boy. Need to figure out how far I went so I can plan my workouts for completing this triathlon. I'm so psyched!

Marla - What's a universal? Is it a weight machine/set? If so, we have a set up downstairs that I bugged DH about for nearly 2 years. "Put it together, please." "Please. Put it together." I pushed, pushed, pushed. His new step-brother asked him about it, they put it together, I've used it 2 or 3 times. It's been 5 months. :ohwell:

It's great to see all of the new faces. It's also great to see some of the team members that haven't been on for a while.

Kati-- yep, a weight machine thingamabob-- we bought it for hubs for Father's Day in, oh my gosh-- 2004, I think-- it sat in the box in a garage for over 3 years when hubs put eldest son in charge of putting it together. Thought it would help him be more mechanically inclined.....NOT.

It basically sits there and collects dust. Nobody uses it-- with the exception, I guess, of my 14 year old son who is quite interested in his physique-- (which has more to do, I'm guessing, with the 14 year old girls at school than in his health-- but it's still in the right direction, I guess)

Just completed 40 minute turbo sculpt and 20 minute turbo jam with my daughter-- pant pant pant--

Hoping to run tonight-- gots to jumpstart this body.
  • Nonibug
    Options
    Hey everyone!! I am back from vacation and ready to get back on it. I lose the weight then go on vacation and then it takes me until next vacation to get back to the first weight. Well, not this time. I wanted to go running this am but my girls got me sick and I couldn't even swallow my own spit so I went back to bed!!

Hi Sam!! Hope your feeling better soon:flowerforyou:
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,933 Member
    Options
    Uh-oh. I'm in trouble. I am craving chocolate something fierce. The spearment Extra gum I'm chewing is not cutting it. I just finished an apple and peanut butter and that didn't curb the craving. Help. . . .
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options

Hi Sam!! Hope your feeling better soon:flowerforyou:

Hey Roni!!!!

still feeling crappy! youngest babes went to bed at 8pm and slept until 11am and has now been asleep from 2pm. oldest fell asleep at 3 and took over the couch from me so here I sit. They need the sleep more then I do!!!

I ate some ramen noodles for lunch and I am thinking anything that is hot and will not hurt going down is good. Not real hungry though.

Marla~~ we had our treadmil for about 2 years before I really got interested in losing weight. We also paid months for a gym membership that we never used!

Katie~~ MMMM chocolate!!! I wish I could help!!

Andrew~ I will send my weight to you tomorrow but from then on on sundays.

Lori~ I am not using vacation anymore if we are staying at his parents house because that is the last thing it is. more like a nightmare!!!
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options

I am super-excited about it starting back up tonite!!:bigsmile:

Very excited...I have been doing my last chance workout all day...
    Banane21.gifth_running1.gif
    127fs3780538.giffrantic.gif

za4.gif

Gotta love those last chance workouts !!
  • Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    Options
    Happy Afternoon!

A little about me (the most recent, short version) :laugh:

I broke my leg back in early October. Up to this point I had been working out with a trainer 2x a week since Jan09, and doing cardio on a somewhat consistant basis...could really kick some tushy on the elliptical :smokin: With the broken leg I've been completely out of the gym for the past three months, so just getting started again really and actually still in the therapy stages of getting my leg back to where I was before...

Anywhoo....it is SO frustrating to not have the speed and endurance that I once had :angry: I know it will come back and that I am still leaps and bounds ahead of when I very first began working out (thanks for the reminder Carl)...but it is such an emotional head game to keep it all in perspective.

My eating the last two days has gone well, so I have that going for me...and I know any amount of exercise is better than nothing at all...I just want to be back to where I was and push forward from there!!!

Thanks for "listening" :flowerforyou:
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Uh-oh. I'm in trouble. I am craving chocolate something fierce. The spearment Extra gum I'm chewing is not cutting it. I just finished an apple and peanut butter and that didn't curb the craving. Help. . . .

I keep Hershey's Kisses in the house( I know could cause a problem) and when I get a craving for chocolate I pop one in my mouth and let it melt. Usually is all it takes, plus its better than having full size candy bars around. Its not what you eat , its how much.
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Andrew I ment to tell you that hubs did something that you once did. He lost his wedding ring!! except you found yours he didn't realize it was gone until we were in NC. checked the hotel room twice when we got home he cleaned everything out of the car nothing. thinks it might be in his parents yard somewhere. boy was I mad. he know it was to big yet he kept wearing it. I guess I should be glad that he wanted to wear it but for heaven's sake take it off if it's too big!!
  • Marla64
    Options

Kati--

snapoutofit.gif

Feel better?

:wink:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

Kati--

snapoutofit.gif

Feel better?

:wink:

Oh Marla, you know she needs a hug 0002020B.gif

Right Kati?

Oh and

snapoutofit.gif
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Happy Afternoon!

A little about me (the most recent, short version) :laugh:

I broke my leg back in early October. Up to this point I had been working out with a trainer 2x a week since Jan09, and doing cardio on a somewhat consistant basis...could really kick some tushy on the elliptical :smokin: With the broken leg I've been completely out of the gym for the past three months, so just getting started again really and actually still in the therapy stages of getting my leg back to where I was before...

Anywhoo....it is SO frustrating to not have the speed and endurance that I once had :angry: I know it will come back and that I am still leaps and bounds ahead of when I very first began working out (thanks for the reminder Carl)...but it is such an emotional head game to keep it all in perspective.

My eating the last two days has gone well, so I have that going for me...and I know any amount of exercise is better than nothing at all...I just want to be back to where I was and push forward from there!!!

Thanks for "listening" :flowerforyou:

Hello my beautiful friend!! I will listen any time!

You will get back to your pre ax work out before you know it. So now I have a chance to catch up with you!!

0002037A.gif
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    HEY EVERYONE HAD THE MOST FABULOUS WORKOUT OF MY LIFE...6.8 MILES BIKED AND 2 MILES ON SKI MACHINE I NEVER DRIPPED SWEAT AS MUCH AS I DID TONIGHT AND ALSO HAD A DIFFERENT MEAL FROM THE CLEAN EATING MAGAZINE TONIGHT CALLED STEAK AND FARFALLE PASTA WITH CREAMY TOMATO SAUCE AND IT WAS AMAZING.

IF ANYONE WANTS THE RECIPE JUST LET ME KNOW

CALORIES 380
    FAT 7G
    SAT FAT 3 G
    CARBS 52 G
    FIBER 4 G
    SUGAR 9 G
    PROTEIN 28 G
    SODIUM 350 MG
    CHOLESTEROL 45 MG

IT WAS AMAZING. I THINK I AM GONNA SUBSCRIBE TO THIS MAGAZINE LOTS OF GREAT RECIPES, AND HELP...

LOOKING FOWARD TO BIGGEST LOSER TONIGHT