Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Do you have a treat everyday and what is it?

Replies

• I like the idea of frozen tootsies roll. God chocolate flavor and it will last. What is tha calorie count?
  • MrsPixelbark
    MrsPixelbark Posts: 175 Member
    I don't have a treat everyday, as I'm a firm believer that if it's an everyday occurrence it's no longer a 'treat'. So, we have take out night once a month (my guilty pleasure), and every Saturday night we have a bottle of cider plus chocolate between two.

That's not to say I don't have anything sugary sweet during the week, but I do try to limit it to the weekends. If I'm really craving something sweet I have home made 20 calorie juice ice pops in the freezer for the evenings which I tend to enjoy after a run!
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Red wine.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    No..not every day.

IMO...if I eat something I consider bad every day by telling myself I 'earned' it, its just trying to justify a bad habit, and therefore not really a 'treat' at all.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member
    It varies, but today it is cheesecake. 350 calories a slice. Original recipe. Leftovers from last night.
  • jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    I have a glass a wine a few times a week as my reward :) I choose one meal on the weekends to eat whatever I want... but it's funny because lately I have noticed my choices are getting healthier! haha
  • lottycat
    lottycat Posts: 333 Member
    I don't like the idea of classifying foods into treats/not treats. It makes me feel like I should look forward to unhealthy snacks, and like I'm depriving myself if I don't eat them.

To be honest with you, I love to eat. I try and make sure every meal and snack I eat is delicious in it's own right and really something I enjoy. Food should be a pleasure not a chore. So, yes, I have a treat everyday. In fact I have lots.
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    I eat what I want, when I want it. 90% of my food is good, I hit my target macros and I'm training for a marathon. Fairly certain, 2 servings of ice cream is certainly okay when I'm training like I do. I don't really view anything as a "treat".
  • daisydog101
    daisydog101 Posts: 81 Member
    Define treat?
    I usually have something in my day just for enjoyment. This week it has been a mint slice biccie with my tea after dinner, or a dark chocolate tim tam...yum!
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    I have a treat if I have earned it, Usually a kashi thin crust pizza and glass of wine after bootcamp days
  • I save calories just to have a couple treats in the evening. I am just being honest with myself because I know that this is the toughest time of day for me (evening and when I get home from work). When I first get home I have fruit, lately either 1 cup of strawberries or 1 cup of watermelon. In the evening I have a skinny cow ice cream and sometimes a 100 cal bag of popcorn. Knowing I can "legally" have these 2 treats keeps me motivated.
  • Well, I would like to but unfortunately, I know myself and that means I can't eat just one. But I do indulge a bit everyday with something... other than food if I can help it. Chocolate is sounding very good now though!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    I have arranged my food plan so that I am mostly eating food that I enjoy so I don't always give myself a treat, nor do I feel I need one. Right now I have ice cream in the freezer - mine and a friend's whose refrigerator doesn't freeze ice cream well. We have a pact to eat it together because I have a tendency to get carried away by ice cream in the hot weather.
  • Sounds like we are in prison sometimes doesn't it, legal foods and all. But seriously, that a good idea and I will use that! Thanks.
  • AwesomeMoJo
    AwesomeMoJo Posts: 1,145 Member
    The treat that I allow myself is a Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwich... I enjoy those. I give myself a weekly treat of a nice glass of red wine....ohhhh how I love Red wine
  • emkohler77
    emkohler77 Posts: 34 Member
    I have a Skinny Cow Ice cream sandwich usually. Some days I have chocolate. I love it!
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    lindt chocolate truffle was a daily treat for a while. then i ran out of them and don't want to pay full price for the bag and haven't seen it on sale anywhere recently.
  • angel101netta
    angel101netta Posts: 152 Member
    Define treat?
    I usually have something in my day just for enjoyment. This week it has been a mint slice biccie with my tea after dinner, or a dark chocolate tim tam...yum!

I should have defined treat. Lol
    Just something small, I Dont mean pizza or maccas, etc
    Just something small like a few squares of chocolate, glass of wine, 1 scoop of ice cream etc
    I Don't mean a over indulge meal.

I love all of your responses. I love having a sqaure of chocolate, dark chocolate, and a occasional small cannoli mmmm
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    I do like to give myself at least one treat every day, but it's not always something edible. Sometimes it's burning a scented candle or an incense stick, sometimes it's giving myself some time to read a novel, or watch a movie, or listen to some music that I love. Often it's going to the gym and spending time in the steam room and the hot tub. When it's an edible treat, sometimes it's a cup of green tea (I tend to drink that every day - but I love it, so it's always a treat) or some cherries or raspberries, and sometimes crisps, although I try to only eat crisps once a week at the most, because with junk food I don't feel good the next day after eating it.
  • I get that. I got a book called pops! at Kohl's on their $5 literacy fund drive and it has a lot of suggestions for making healthier pops in very creative ways. Adult flavors and fun shapes. I think I will try making those to use for treats and not have to worry about the calories as well.