Do you have a treat everyday and what is it?

Options

Replies

• Sparkle_145
    Options
    I like the idea of frozen tootsies roll. God chocolate flavor and it will last. What is tha calorie count?
  • MrsPixelbark
    MrsPixelbark Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I don't have a treat everyday, as I'm a firm believer that if it's an everyday occurrence it's no longer a 'treat'. So, we have take out night once a month (my guilty pleasure), and every Saturday night we have a bottle of cider plus chocolate between two.

That's not to say I don't have anything sugary sweet during the week, but I do try to limit it to the weekends. If I'm really craving something sweet I have home made 20 calorie juice ice pops in the freezer for the evenings which I tend to enjoy after a run!
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Red wine.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    No..not every day.

IMO...if I eat something I consider bad every day by telling myself I 'earned' it, its just trying to justify a bad habit, and therefore not really a 'treat' at all.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    It varies, but today it is cheesecake. 350 calories a slice. Original recipe. Leftovers from last night.
  • jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I have a glass a wine a few times a week as my reward :) I choose one meal on the weekends to eat whatever I want... but it's funny because lately I have noticed my choices are getting healthier! haha
  • lottycat
    lottycat Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I don't like the idea of classifying foods into treats/not treats. It makes me feel like I should look forward to unhealthy snacks, and like I'm depriving myself if I don't eat them.

To be honest with you, I love to eat. I try and make sure every meal and snack I eat is delicious in it's own right and really something I enjoy. Food should be a pleasure not a chore. So, yes, I have a treat everyday. In fact I have lots.
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want, when I want it. 90% of my food is good, I hit my target macros and I'm training for a marathon. Fairly certain, 2 servings of ice cream is certainly okay when I'm training like I do. I don't really view anything as a "treat".
  • daisydog101
    daisydog101 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Define treat?
    I usually have something in my day just for enjoyment. This week it has been a mint slice biccie with my tea after dinner, or a dark chocolate tim tam...yum!
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    I have a treat if I have earned it, Usually a kashi thin crust pizza and glass of wine after bootcamp days
  • KimberlyMontecalvo
    Options
    I save calories just to have a couple treats in the evening. I am just being honest with myself because I know that this is the toughest time of day for me (evening and when I get home from work). When I first get home I have fruit, lately either 1 cup of strawberries or 1 cup of watermelon. In the evening I have a skinny cow ice cream and sometimes a 100 cal bag of popcorn. Knowing I can "legally" have these 2 treats keeps me motivated.
  • Birdie51
    Options
    Well, I would like to but unfortunately, I know myself and that means I can't eat just one. But I do indulge a bit everyday with something... other than food if I can help it. Chocolate is sounding very good now though!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I have arranged my food plan so that I am mostly eating food that I enjoy so I don't always give myself a treat, nor do I feel I need one. Right now I have ice cream in the freezer - mine and a friend's whose refrigerator doesn't freeze ice cream well. We have a pact to eat it together because I have a tendency to get carried away by ice cream in the hot weather.
  • Birdie51
    Options
    Sounds like we are in prison sometimes doesn't it, legal foods and all. But seriously, that a good idea and I will use that! Thanks.
  • AwesomeMoJo
    AwesomeMoJo Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    The treat that I allow myself is a Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwich... I enjoy those. I give myself a weekly treat of a nice glass of red wine....ohhhh how I love Red wine
  • emkohler77
    emkohler77 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have a Skinny Cow Ice cream sandwich usually. Some days I have chocolate. I love it!
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    lindt chocolate truffle was a daily treat for a while. then i ran out of them and don't want to pay full price for the bag and haven't seen it on sale anywhere recently.
  • angel101netta
    angel101netta Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Define treat?
    I usually have something in my day just for enjoyment. This week it has been a mint slice biccie with my tea after dinner, or a dark chocolate tim tam...yum!

I should have defined treat. Lol
    Just something small, I Dont mean pizza or maccas, etc
    Just something small like a few squares of chocolate, glass of wine, 1 scoop of ice cream etc
    I Don't mean a over indulge meal.

I love all of your responses. I love having a sqaure of chocolate, dark chocolate, and a occasional small cannoli mmmm
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I do like to give myself at least one treat every day, but it's not always something edible. Sometimes it's burning a scented candle or an incense stick, sometimes it's giving myself some time to read a novel, or watch a movie, or listen to some music that I love. Often it's going to the gym and spending time in the steam room and the hot tub. When it's an edible treat, sometimes it's a cup of green tea (I tend to drink that every day - but I love it, so it's always a treat) or some cherries or raspberries, and sometimes crisps, although I try to only eat crisps once a week at the most, because with junk food I don't feel good the next day after eating it.
  • Birdie51
    Options
    I get that. I got a book called pops! at Kohl's on their $5 literacy fund drive and it has a lot of suggestions for making healthier pops in very creative ways. Adult flavors and fun shapes. I think I will try making those to use for treats and not have to worry about the calories as well.