Do you have a treat everyday and what is it?

Options

Replies

• hannydee
    hannydee Posts: 246
    Options
    I fit treats in most days. Things like extra fruit, chocolate philadelphia, fizzy drinks to pizza, wine and cheesecake. I don't think it's realistic to deprive yourself of any food, no matter how "bad" that food supposedly is! If it fits in your macros, why the hell not?
  • linda1243
    linda1243 Posts: 166
    Options
    On days I have a very intense workout, I allow myself to have one Lindt chocolate ball (77 cal) right after the workout. It fits into my calories and on days I really don't want to go to the gym (most days), it gives me something to look forward too.

I don't agree with people saying you shouldn't give yourself a daily treat. If you read what everyone is eating, it is generally a small piece of something and fits into their calories. Rather a treat now than a binge later.
  • BeachyBecky
    BeachyBecky Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Peppermint patties! I have a sweet tooth.
  • goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    People need treats. I eat a little treat every day. Might be a peanut butter cup or two. A cookie once or twice a day. A low sugar chocolate bar sweetened with agave. I try to eat healthy and limit the junk. The treats I have are usually quite low in sugar and don't have many ingredients. But they're still treats. Just don't make them a major part of your day.
  • BeachyBecky
    BeachyBecky Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    For those who love ice cream, hoodsie cups are only 100 cals. Perfect amount to satisfy your ice cream craving.
  • Birdie51
    Options
    back atcha! Ymmm. White, red, purple doesn't really matter. A nice cold glass in the evening with a meal is heavenly.
  • angel101netta
    angel101netta Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    On days I have a very intense workout, I allow myself to have one Lindt chocolate ball (77 cal) right after the workout. It fits into my calories and on days I really don't want to go to the gym (most days), it gives me something to look forward too.

I don't agree with people saying you shouldn't give yourself a daily treat. If you read what everyone is eating, it is generally a small piece of something and fits into their calories. Rather a treat now than a binge later.

I agree:)
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    If I have one, it's usually a 70 calorie raspberry or orange cream bar from Schwanns or a Swiss Miss chocolate fudge bar. I'm not sure about the cals for that one but it's under 100. Both types of bars are huge, not tiny 'diet' looking types and are very satisfying. Sometimes I'll have a 90 calorie fiber one bar or 1/8 cup of nuts/dried fruit. The nuts/fruit is satisfying but it's super high in cals so I cant have much. Most are 160cals for 1/4 cup.
  • AlphamaleBAMF
    Options
    Sleep. Glorious sleep.
  • HilsScott
    Options
    I try to save enough calories each day to have a biscuit or a small piece of chocolate in the evening, but I don't always have enough left. On Fridays, I try to save enough calories for a glass of wine.
    For me, it's about learning to have 'treats' in smaller portions. As others on this thread have said, total denial often leads to binging. I've found buying smaller packets (avoiding the temptation of having an open packet lying around) has really helped.
  • dub73
    dub73 Posts: 70
    Options
    For a chocolate fix, Blue Bunny fudge bars!!!!
  • RushBabe214
    RushBabe214 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I enjoy a glass of wine every night. Sometimes a square of dark chocolate too!
  • julesribar
    julesribar Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! I usually have a fiber bar at work, when I get home I may have a sugar free pudding (sometimes with cool whip lite) and maybe have a half a cup of edys slow churn (half the fat ). It makes me feel normal and I always stay in my calories, fat content, protein, ,.......I am pretty new at this but I think I am starting to get this down.
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    vitatop, I like to have dessert daily
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    I eat dark chocolate almost every day. It make me happy and keep sweet cravings away.
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I usually have ice cream every day, after dinner. I stick to the serving size, and enjoy it.

Weight loss is all about calories in vs. calories out. If you are eating less than you are burning, you will lose weight. So if a treat fits into your cals for the day, then enjoy one, guilt free!

and for the nay sayers- yes I lost 20 lbs, eating ice cream everyday!
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Yes, studying the bible each morning when I get up. :) I don't reward myself with food. I'm not a dog.
  • Sweetness023
    Options
    Before starting my fitness journey for the last time, I was craving chocolate practically every day. Since then I haven't had a craving for sweet treats but I did get some Skinny Cow Dreamy Clusters. They're caramel clusters covered in dark chocolate and they are absolutely fantastic! I was very surprised. And only 110 cals per pouch. Awesome for that chocolate craving fix.

I'm trying to stay away from treating myself especially in the beginning because it's too easy for me to say 'well.. one more won't hurt' or 'I've already had this so I may as well have that'. But the fact that I'm not wanting any of that stuff doesn't make it feel like I'm denying myself any of it.

Right now the sweet type snacks I focus on are fruits, nuts, popcorn and granola. So again, I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything if I don't have a chocolate or w/e
  • Kerilynnda
    Kerilynnda Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Popsicles seem to have been curbing my cravings lately - they take a while to eat, so i think i usually feel fuller after eating them. I'll probably get sick of them eventually - but lately they've been a life saver! :)
  • Ezwoldo
    Ezwoldo Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I eat dark chocolate almost every day. It make me happy and keep sweet cravings away.

This ^