Hoping this is a start to a new me.

Options
Hello, I am new to this site and new to weight loss. I am sick of seeing my body the way that it looks now and I think that I finally have the willpower to do something about it. I am about to turn 30 and a mother of three beautiful children. I am hoping that this will finally be my year! I am alone in this journey as I dont really have time to go to a gym or anywhere else that there are people trying to do the same thing that I am trying to do. Looks like its just me and the treadmill and the workout videos at home. I can do it though!

Replies

• ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    welcome aboard .... good luck on your weight loss journey.......and YES YOU CAN DO IT ... take 1 day at a time .... set mini goals and baby steps and you will reach your goal in no time at all ... again goooood luck
  • Butterbean6737
    Butterbean6737 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi from another newbie. Good luck to us both!
    Ronan
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    Options
    good luck to you Ronan and welcome to an awesome site
  • LisaC1026
    LisaC1026 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Hi there and welcome! You are not alone - you will find as much support as you want using this website. There are some amazing people on here. I am part of a group - A New Me - you can search us and hop right in. We are getting ready to start a Biggest loser challenge and I can't brag enough about what a wonderful group we have! :flowerforyou:
  • Butterbean6737
    Butterbean6737 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks Megan
    and congrats on your progress so far. It's inspirational to see that it can be done.
    Ronan
  • amandak420
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Seems like I will get alot of support from here :)
  • Learning2LuvLindsay
    Learning2LuvLindsay Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    Welcome. This is a great site that offers a lot of support. We all have something in common....we want to get healthier for one reason or another. Dont give up...your worth it!
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    Options
    Thanks Megan
    and congrats on your progress so far. It's inspirational to see that it can be done.
    Ronan
    your welcome Ronan ... and thanks for the congrats ... yes it can be done ..
  • siriusciel
    siriusciel Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Welcome. This is the place to be! It truly works .. keep at it and you will see results. Everyone is so great here, very helpful and nice.. if you feel down or like you have fallen off the wagon, jump on these boards and stay motivated by everyone here!

Good luck on your journey!
  • amandak420
    Options
    I want to utulize this site as much as possible. This is my first day and I dont really know much about it other than the daily food and excersize logs. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. I am a little stumped on how I am going to burn the amount of calories that I am supposed to in a day. I know that I can do it, but wondering the best ways to do it. I have a treadmill and a dvd player and thats about it.
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    Options
    amanda i too work out at home ... well before i broke my leg on new years day ..... the only advice i can give is dont over do it .... take baby steps and work your way up .... if your a beginner at excerising that is ..... drink at least 8 glasses of water ....
  • amandak420
    Options
    Thanks Megan. Sorry about your leg!!
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    Options
    its actually my foot but thanks ...... i am in a cast for 6 to 8 weeks not the way i wanted to start off the new year but ohwell i cant change it
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    Options
    also i would recommend the slim in 6 program by beachbody(dvd) and 30 day shred by jillian michaels ...again good luck to you amanda
  • amandak420
    Options
    Thanks! Someone else recommended the 30 day shred! I will have to get them.