MFP>FB

Options
Myfitnesspal IS my new Facebook...I used to get bored at work and would just scroll through my newsfeed on facebook, just because there was nothing better to do. Now, I refresh my MFP page constantly because I don't want to miss any low-cal recipes or good exercise tips! AND it is just shocking to me how motivating everyone is! I've never stuck with a "diet" longer than 2 days until MFP...you guys make it so easy to stick with my goals :)) I think I'm in love with each and every one of you...thanks for all your support frans!

....Roll Tide.

Replies

• Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    ^^ This. I barely go on facebook anymore
  • lilgemforgets
    Options
    Totally agree!! When you go on FB its full of everybody mooaning and groaning about their life. On here people are actively doing something about it! I love the sucess photos, some people totally amaze me with what they have achieved!
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    never had facebook
  • ckay220
    ckay220 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness, you sound exactly like me!! I love this site!
  • Mama_Mila
    Mama_Mila Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Totally agree!! When you go on FB its full of everybody mooaning and groaning about their life. On here people are actively doing something about it! I love the sucess photos, some people totally amaze me with what they have achieved!

YESSSS! Even when I try to post stuff about exercising...all the boring, lazy, fat, unmotivated people could care less that you are trying to better yourself because they sure aren't! On here, it's the complete opposite and makes me think what I'm doing is actually worth something!!
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Don't have a facebook. But I know this site is greater.
  • tammyr112
    Options
    I feel the same!! and I love yyou too!! :smooched: :heart: :happy:
  • MonicaLee92
    Options
    I totally agree! I still check my facebook but I get on here wayyyy more.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Haven't been on FB in so long.
    Addicted to MFP. See here I am!!
    On here too damn much.
    Prob just need to deactivate.
  • HikeRunLift
    Options
    I said the exact same thing a couple months after I started. Just like FB, this site starts to wear on you after a while
  • Eisskween
    Eisskween Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I only go on facebook these days to keep in touch with a couple friends and family. This site is so much more valuable! :)
  • Spokez70
    Spokez70 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I agree- and it's not even blocked at work like fb and twitter are lol
  • heish7146
    heish7146 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Ha! I was just thinking that the other day! I keep trying to find the "like" button. I wish there was a notification thingy though. I comment on so many peoples things, and then lose track.
  • Joneses17
    Joneses17 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I took a break from MFP while on vacation. For a while MFP was my go to over FB. I'm trying to get back there. FB can be depressing and also is a waste, on MFP I'm staying on track and encouraged to keep going. I've been on FB since '04.
  • laurac1172
    laurac1172 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Completely agree:) Love all of the positive comments and responses MFP members have to offer. What a way to stay motivated! Good Luck to all of you :)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I never really thought of the two sites as being that similar. I use FB to keep up with the lives of my family and friends and it's blocked at work so never check it. MFP I use for tracking food/exercise and wasting time while at work on these forums.

I still check FB nightly though and rarely get on MFP after work. Also, I don't have any FB friends that are not friends (outside the internet) or relatives. Everyone on MFP, including my MFP friends, are strangers.
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    I completely agree! I just wish MFP had a better android app. Its a little buggy.
  • Jalare
    Jalare Posts: 103
    Options
    Mostly, I use Facebook to keep in touch with my family. Other than that I'm here everyday!
  • Mac247
    Mac247 Posts: 57
    Options
    MFP has combined a couple of social media tools effectively... Forums and Personal NewsFeeds.

FB has no forums so there's very little interaction..mostly just people stating life goings-ons.
    Forums are good but don't have the personal interaction of a Friends list and NewsFeed.

MFP incorporates both of those tools and the site is filled with people who have the common goal of bettering themselves, making it a positive experience to hang out here!

It's replaced FB as my start-up page as of this past weekend.

Mac
  • ahelgers10
    ahelgers10 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I have barely been on facebook since I started in June.