Cosplayers? Alternate Title: Nerds Unite!

Options
Hey! I started this a while back, and I'm really really trying to get back into this weight loss. Especially since my newest goal is one that I've wanted to do for a long time - a Batgirl cosplay!!

Are there any other cosplayers out there, or fellow video gamers/comic readers?

Replies

• Halleeon
    Halleeon Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you can tell by my avatar... :)
  • oOMusicBabii
    Options
    Cosplayer here! Also into lolita fashion (FYI it's not cosplaying). Sew and make my own stuff. Only convention I go to right now is Anime Boston but have plans to go to Connticon, Otakon and NY Comicon in the next couple years.
  • mellabyte
    mellabyte Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I've always been interested in cosplay, but the closest I've done is gothic lolita. ^_^ I also haven't hit any cons in the past two years. My con buddies and I have been dealing with that crazy b*tch called Life. :D So sad.
  • dunlunicor
    dunlunicor Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    <---Yup. :)
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    I've always wanted to do it but am just starting now because I'm finally confident enough :D I want to do Nia Teppelin from Gurren Lagann. Trying to find some cons in the London area :)
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you can tell by my avatar... :)

I ♥ your avatar.

OP, I'd like to cosplay, but I'm too big right now. I've seen how bigger cosplayers are treated... :noway:
  • oOMusicBabii
    Options
    I've always been interested in cosplay, but the closest I've done is gothic lolita. ^_^ I also haven't hit any cons in the past two years. My con buddies and I have been dealing with that crazy b*tch called Life. :D So sad.

Just so you know, lolita =/= cosplay. Lolita is a fashion :)

What's everyone dream cosplays? Mine is Belldandy and I have plans to cosplay her once I lose the weight. Want to do her outfit in brocade *swoons*
  • lydia_the_tattooed_lady
    Options
    hmmm I don't do cosplay but I do play D & D :) guess I'm more of the bookish type of nerd vs the gamer type lol but most of my friends are gamers
  • KikiD22
    KikiD22 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Meeee!!! Check out my photos for my Firestar costume from SDCC 2011 and C2E2 2011. I am working on an Elektra costume right now (comic book Elektra, not crappy Jennifer Garner Elektra), and in the past two years, my costumes have included: Powergirl, Caprica Six (from BSG), Sookie from True Blood, Blind Mag from "Repo! The Genetic Opera." I have a wide variety of tastes... I also host a panel at SDCC and local Chicago-area conventions on "Costuming for Conventions."

Oh, and I'm also a competitive fitness athlete.
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I cosplayed once...have an old Rikku outfit from Final Fantasy x-2 from my thinner days. I doubt I'd ever have the courage to wear it in public, but I would love to be able to fit back into it and feel good about it again!

Definitely a nerd here though!
  • SaraBelle0312
    SaraBelle0312 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    ^^ I am a cosplayer. One of my rewards is to create a 100% leather outfit replica of a Mordsith (Sword of Truth series). My husband, sister, roommate and I cosplay'd (very poorly I might add) as the avengers opening night (pic under profile)

ETA: I want to also, be Kairi from Kingdom Hearts (II). I love the outfit. That or Yuffie!
  • Halleeon
    Options
    Meeee!!! Check out my photos for my Firestar costume from SDCC 2011 and C2E2 2011. I am working on an Elektra costume right now (comic book Elektra, not crappy Jennifer Garner Elektra), and in the past two years, my costumes have included: Powergirl, Caprica Six (from BSG), Sookie from True Blood, Blind Mag from "Repo! The Genetic Opera." I have a wide variety of tastes... I also host a panel at SDCC and local Chicago-area conventions on "Costuming for Conventions."

Oh, and I'm also a competitive fitness athlete.

Ace.
  • Halleeon
    Options
    If I were at my goal weight, folks would have to tear me out of my cosplay outfits and force me to wear "normie" clothes to work.

How about a shikabane hime a la Corpse Princess? http://tesam.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/corpse-princess-red.jpg
  • mellabyte
    mellabyte Posts: 193 Member
    Options

Yeah. That's why I said "the closest" I've gotten to it. ^_^ Haven't quite made the jump because I was quite a bit heavier in those days... Too self-concious. >_> But I would consider it now!
  • oOMusicBabii
    Options

Yeah. That's why I said "the closest" I've gotten to it. ^_^ Haven't quite made the jump because I was quite a bit heavier in those days... Too self-concious. >_> But I would consider it now!

OK just wanted to make sure :) You should totally do either of them...they are sooooo much fun! :D
  • VoicedByMJB
    Options
    Oh wow, so many!!! Man, this is exciting to see others here, and we can all support each other! I've done over thirty cosplays (some better than others, bwahah) from but not limited to Final Fantasy X (Summoner Yuna), Final Fantasy VII (Reno), Kingdom Hearts (Sora, Roxas, and Axel), the Akatsuki (Konan), Erza (Fairy Tail), Princess Tutu (Princess Tutu, Fakir), Black Butler (Alois Trancy), Angel Sanctuary (Alexiel, Jibril), The World Ends With You (Beat), Sonic the Hedgehog (Tails), Avatar: The Last Airbender (Katara), and sooo many more. XD IT's crazy!

My next stop is one of my alltime favorites: Stephanie Brown as both Batgirl and Spoiler, from the DC Comics!

Also, I'm a Texas native, so I go to conventions such as A-kon, A-fest, San Japan, Anime Matsuri, and others! I'm always looking for new cons, though, and I'd love to start traveling to cons now that school isn't in the way!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Working on my costumes for Dragon*Con right now, actually.
  • oOMusicBabii
    Options
    Are there any groups on MFP with all us nerd-folk and talking about nerdiness and weight loss? Just wondering because it'd be a great thing to have rather than just the one thread :)
  • bellydancer124
    Options
    I'm a gamer! I don't cosplay though, because I'm not creative enough to make costumes. :/
  • KimWW
    KimWW Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I would love to cosplay, but with my weight I always felt dumpy, no matter how cool the character was. Or I felt like people would be judging me. Or the OCD in me would only let me be a fat character, and you can only play the Queen of Hearts so many times before it gets old.

I may have to put this on my list of rewards for when I have lost certain amounts.

So happy to see I am not the only nerd on this site!