Fit and Fun Sized (those under 5'4") for August 2012

Options
Hello everyone,

This is a spot for all of us "shorties". Loosing weight is hard enough as it is, but when you are short there are extra issues, from the lower calorie count to the fact that some of us can't reach the exercise equipment in the gym to pull it down to get it started by ourselves.

Since many of us are in more than one forum or groups our rules are very loose. This group is for both men and women who are shorter in stature. We all try to check in with each other weekly, but post as often as you like.

So, how did you do for July? What are you plans for August?

Replies

• Aurelia_Willow
    Aurelia_Willow Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi. Can I join the group?

I haven't done so well in July - except for the last few days. My goals for August are to stick with an exercise routine (maybe at least 30 minutes daily) to start off and just eat better. I usually like to have a goal a month (no soda, eat more fruits, etc.) but I am still trying to figure out what I'd like to do for August.
  • roughneckswife
    roughneckswife Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I woul like to join!!! I lost 9 pounds in 2 weeks, so in August I want to kick it up with a work out routine!
  • predent
    predent Posts: 95
    Options
    Hi! Can I join as well? I am 5'1" and definitely am short ;) I am looking to get as healthy as I can during August!
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I hope to be back posting again.

Chshirekat - Thanks for putting up the new thread.

predent, roughneckswif, Aurelia - Yes, you are all welcome to post here. You have joined by posting.

July was the worse month in my entire life. Mom died on 7/4/2012 and Dad died on 7/12/12. Just trying to take one day at a time.

Jeannie
  • mulcahya
    mulcahya Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'll join if I'm welcome to! I'm 5'3".

I lost 11 pounds in 3 weeks in July, then gained 2 pounds in the 4th week.

I want to lose another 6 pounds minimum in August!

jam0525: sorry to hear about your July. Condolences to you :(
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Jam, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom and dad. :(

I'm 5'3" and 138lbs. I'm now below my original goal weight of 139.5lbs (one year and 75lbs. weight loss) and I'm hoping to get down to 134.5lbs by the end of August to make it an even 80lbs., but I think that might be a bit of a lofty goal. However, I won't settle for anything more than 136lbs.
  • dadzpeach
    dadzpeach Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" if I stretch :smile: I lost 5 pounds in July, I have really bumped up my efforts the last two weeks or so. My goals in August are to run 40 miles, get to 165 by August 31 (I'm at 172 now) and run my first 5k (August 18th Color Run St. Louis!)

Jam0525 - I am so sorry to hear about your loss
  • srhershey
    srhershey Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I would love to join too. I am 5 ft 1in and current around 155lb with a goal weight of 130lb, possibly more. I started MFP in April I believe and was losing about 1lb a week for 2 months, eating mostly Atkins style and working out 30 min a day 5 days a week (Zumba). Then in May, our boss at work allowed us to workout 2 days a week while on the clock. A bunch of us started doing Jillian's 30 Day Shred for 2 days a week for a month, then in July, we started doing Insanity. I know I've been losing because I've lost 17 inches, but the scale has not gone down and I still jiggle. I need to incorporate more cardio and get back into doing Zumba at least 3 days a week and keep my Insanity going 2 days a week.
  • littlexmermaid
    littlexmermaid Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5 feet tall! I'm trying to lose 25 pounds to get to my comfortable weight, and I'm focusing on losing one pound per week. For exercise, I'm trying to squeeze in one hour, six times a week unless I'm really tired! Nice to meet you all (: Feel free to add me.
  • hungergames324
    hungergames324 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 5'1 I would like to join :smile:
  • womaninashoe6
    Options
    I'm in too!! I am 5'3" and hoping to hit 179 at my weigh in tomorrow. I have lost 38 lbs. and am hoping to get to 140. My insane goal for Aug. is participating in a Go Girl Triathlon on Aug 25th. So now my workouts are all about training for that. WOOO!!
  • jenmarqueiro
    jenmarqueiro Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    hey, i'd like to join! Im actually not even 5ft! haha, i'm 4ft 11 =) currently weighing 55kg.

July hasn't been a great month for me =/ was my 21st birthday so I relaxed to the extreme, but Im hoping to really stick to it in August! Knuckle down on my eating, and exercise 5/6 days a week =)
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I hope to be back posting again.

Chshirekat - Thanks for putting up the new thread.

predent, roughneckswif, Aurelia - Yes, you are all welcome to post here. You have joined by posting.

July was the worse month in my entire life. Mom died on 7/4/2012 and Dad died on 7/12/12. Just trying to take one day at a time.

Jeannie

So sorry for your loss. It must be very hard right now.

I'm 5 3.5 and trying to get back in the groove. My birthday is 9/7 and I want to lose 10 pounds by then so I have decided to start logging my food again. Have been doing okay with exercise but I know I'm not eating right and didn't want to log it to see how bad it really was. :laugh:
  • xoxo2200
    xoxo2200 Posts: 57
    Options
    Can I join?
    I'm 5'3" and although I started on this program at the end of July, I lost 6 lbs so far going onto my second week. My goal for August is to work out and drop 2 sizes. I know it is ambitious, but I gotta think big to get big results :)
  • mcpjan
    mcpjan Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I'm 5'1' and I am hoping August is better than July. I lost 9 lbs in July and hope to do that well or better. I started at 165 lbs a few months ago but gained weight to 170 lbs. I am currently at 160.4 I hope to break 160 by tomorrow. I goal is to be done at least 2 dress sizes by next summer. I workout daily and have a personal trainer 2 x week. Each week as I get more energy I add more to my routine. I am doing some light lifting to help tone as I am losing. Being a short older person it is hard to lose. I love this site and the people on it.
  • sweetlyawesome
    sweetlyawesome Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Oh My goodness! Jeannie, I am so sorry for you loss. My prayers go out to you in your time of needed strength.

I would like to join as well! I'm 4' 11" Please add me. It would be nice to have people who understand what it's like to be on the shorter side of things.

I started in Jan 2012 and have lost 25 lbs so far. I still need to lose another 75 lbs but in August would like to lose at least another 5. Was doing Insanity for a lil while have had to put it on pause for now. hope to get back to it Sept. 1st.
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the newbies and welcome back to those who have posted here before.

Thank you for all the well wishes. It is very, very hard right now. Mom and Dad lived with us and my daughter, son and I took care of them. We managed to keep them both at home until the end which is what they wanted.

For August I just want to get back to exercising regularly again. A co-worker is inviting me to go to Planet Fitness once a week for lunch for their 30 minute express workout. I will probably join the gym on my own so I can go after work too.

That is my goal and I hope I make it.

Thanks,

Jeannie
  • LaDonnaF
    LaDonnaF Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    5'1" and 150lbs. According to the "ideal" bodyweight/height I'm about 40lbs overweight.

I want to lose 5lbs in August AT LEAST!

Lets get it girls!!
  • SabrinaSt
    SabrinaSt Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 5'2". I would like to join.
  • MyCornerOnline
    MyCornerOnline Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    5'3" -- it's encouraging to hear that shortness makes it harder and that it's not in my head.