NSV- No smoking/Treadmill

Options
2»

Replies

• Pedalpush
    Pedalpush Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!! So proud of you for kicking smoking! I'm with you on the running/jogging progress, but without the breathing issues... I never smoked, so I've never had to quit, BUT I'm cutting back on the caffeine (which makes me waaay less *****y) AND i accepted the No Alocohol in August Challenge... So I have my own set of challenges this month. THANK YOU for the inspiration to know that I CAN DO IT!
  • DangerJim71
    DangerJim71 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome!!! I am on day 99 with no cigs and know how hard that first couple of weeks can be. It gets so much easier as does the exercise. KEEP IT UP!!! YOU'RE DOING GREAT!!!
  • sundaywishes
    sundaywishes Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Awesome job to the OP and everyone else that has quit! I've been smoking for 9 years, but the first 2 years were just having cigarettes here and there. I know I need to quit, and I want to quit before my wedding which will be sometime next fall, as long as all the necessary funds are present. I know I need to quit most importantly for my health, but just the thought of standing off in a corner, in a beautiful wedding gown, sucking on a cigarette seems so trashy. I DON'T want to be that bride! I currently have what I hope to be my last 25 packs (I buy cartons), and am going to start weaning myself off them. I have quit for 2 months, cold turkey, about 5 years ago and haven't tried to quit again. I just enjoy them too much. It really is true (at least for me) that you HAVE to be fully ready to quit, just like you have to be fully ready to start a weight loss program, in order to succeed in the long run. Wish me luck!....and strength! Lol
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you and to everyone who is making an effort to quit smoking. I can testify personally, it makes a huge, huge, huge difference when exercising.
  • abbezen
    abbezen Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Congratz to you! I quit 45 days ago and feel so much better! Keep up the great work! Fantastic!!
  • mandafay923
    mandafay923 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you, everyone, for all the lovely and encouraging comments!!!!!!!

To everyone else who has quit......GREAT JOB!!!!

And to anyone who WANTS to quit.....YOU CAN DO IT!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!