Would you log 3 grapes?

Options

Replies

• BuffyEat2Live
    BuffyEat2Live Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    No, I would not log 3 grapes.

Not saying that my way is best, but if I only ate 3 grapes, those would not get logged.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    And gum? Seriously?

Some gum has 50 calories!
    I'm talking about the sugar free stuff. I avoid Bubble Yum at all costs because I will totally shove the entire package in my mouth all at once.
  • ronaldmcyd
    ronaldmcyd Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised at how many people log everything, thats awesome! For me it's not about calories or any other nutrient, it's just part of my personality. If it's important It has to be perfect
  • LouiseRose92
    Options
    I'd log it. The only things I don't log are diet coke, black coffee and sweetners, because I drink a lot of those and can't be bothered with measuring how much I'm drinking.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    Options
    Grapes, yeah, because they aren't a negative food (a food that burns more calories digesting than you are actually consuming). I log BLTs of crap like cake batter, but the negative foods get logged if I feel like it. If I'm pressed for time or just don't feel like logging all the veggies loaded into my pasta that add up to a wopping 30 calories, then no, I don't.

And gum? Seriously?
    Really, what are the negative foods?
    I don't have the complete list set to memory, but it goes something like this

FRUIT:
    All berries (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, etc.)
    Pit fruit (peaches, nectarines, plums, cherries. Avocados are NOT included, obviously)
    Watermelon (I can't remember if the other melons are on there)
    Apples
    Pears

I know there's more, like mangoes, but that's just a basic list.

VEGGIES
    Basically, anything that's not starchy. So, no potatoes or corn, but pretty much everything else.

I'm sure there's a couple other exclusions, but I'm lazy and I only pay attention to the foods I eat.

I know it may sound like I'm BSing, but I'm not.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Grapes, yeah, because they aren't a negative food (a food that burns more calories digesting than you are actually consuming). I log BLTs of crap like cake batter, but the negative foods get logged if I feel like it. If I'm pressed for time or just don't feel like logging all the veggies loaded into my pasta that add up to a wopping 30 calories, then no, I don't.

And gum? Seriously?

FRUIT:
    Pit fruit (peaches, nectarines, plums, cherries. Avocados are NOT included, obviously)
    Apples
    Pears

VEGGIES
    Basically, anything that's not starchy. So, no potatoes or corn, but pretty much everything else.

I'm sure there's a couple other exclusions, but I'm lazy and I only pay attention to the foods I eat.

I know you aren't. I'm sure you truly believe this.
  • Jweb8969
    Jweb8969 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    yes - i would have logged them. and i would have had the gum and logged that, too ~ LOL.

i have even logged breath mints. drastic, but logging is what has made the difference for me this time when eating better and exercising, so - at least for now - anything i eat or drink goes on the site!
  • A_Valerie
    A_Valerie Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I would not log 3 grapes!! the energy to do that you would have burned them off!! I don't log every B L T (bite, lick, taste) :tongue:

If I logged everything I licked I would be on this site 24/7

Now i wanna know what they heck you are licking 24/7 :blushing: lmao
  • Mia627
    Mia627 Posts: 34
    Options
    If that was the only slip up I had for the day then no!
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    Options

And gum? Seriously?

FRUIT:
    Apples
    Pears

VEGGIES

I know you aren't. I'm sure you truly believe this.
    Yeah, it's funny too. It's not just me, the FDA, Baylor College of Medicine, UT Southwestern, and the Mayo Clinic all believe it, too. And yes, the list actually goes on of all the gullible schmucks, like myself, who believe it.

Work on your snark, I can see right through it.
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I would not log 3 grapes!! the energy to do that you would have burned them off!! I don't log every B L T (bite, lick, taste) :tongue:

Now i wanna know what they heck you are licking 24/7 :blushing: lmao

Everything!!
  • naculp
    naculp Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I'm really bad about logging stuff over the weekend and I just remembered I ate 3 grapes and I forgot to log them. It got me thinking, if other people out there go to that extreme to make sure they log everything. I also find myself avoiding little snacks just because I don't want to log them. For example like if a co-worker offers me a stick of gum, I'll say no for the sole reason of not wanting to log it :noway: .

Take the cannoli, leave the gum
  • MellyMelx23o
    Options
    I do try to log everything....but I am guilt of passing the fridge & if there is cut up fruit I'll grab a piece or 2 & wont log it...I have also chewed gum without logging LoL:tongue:
  • Goal_Line
    Goal_Line Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    no
  • bexxgirl
    bexxgirl Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I read an interesting tip on this stuff once - can't remember where:

"If it's not worth logging, then it's not worth putting in your mouth!"

:tongue:
  • shelley2shane
    shelley2shane Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    For sure, I log everything!!
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    maybe not but the whole point is to get into the habit of logging. I imagine, people learn eventually, what they can eat a day and stay on track. I like seeing all I eat so I can make healthy changes if need be. My problem would be skipping logging the 3 grapes, then skip something else and so on. Then it's back to start and I don't want to break my good stride I have going:)

denise:drinker: :drinker:
  • 1SlimShaylee
    Options
    haha i'm so glad someone else asked this because i have wondered how many other people there are out there like me?! i log everything, not because i am all that worried about 3 graped (for example) but because it definitely keeps me on track, otherwise i would be taking a bite of my kids chicken nuggets, a lick of their ice cream cone, a nibble of their cookie, etc

k that just made me sound like an awful mom, haha i promise i feed my kids healthy foods, my point is just that knowing i have to log every single thing i put in my mouth keeps me more accountable to myself, and a lot less less likey to snack when i shouldn't♥
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options

:laugh:
  • kcuccia
    kcuccia Posts: 3
    Options
    yes to see my vitamins and mins for the day