When to eat dinner?

Options
I was wondering what time of day do you all eat dinner? I liketo have dinner around 6 or 7 because I always feel lighter (not necessarily weigh less) in the morning when I eat early, but sometimes I have to eat dinner later like 9 because I'm a med student and my days are ALWAYS hectic and unpredictable. Anyway when I eat dinner at 9 I make myself stay up for like 3 hours to make sure everything has digested before I go to bed. What do you all do?

Replies

• FireBrand80
    FireBrand80 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I eat dinner in the morning, breakfast around noonish, and lunch after I get home from work. I snack while I'm sleepwalking.

Hope this helps.
  • MsTanya77
    MsTanya77 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    ^SMH! LOL I usually eat around 4-5 because I'm busy every evening Mon-Thurs. On the weekends I will wait til 6 or 7pm because I will be up later and I have more time in the evenings to eat at a reasonable hour.
  • cbevan1229
    cbevan1229 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I personally don't worry at all about what time I eat my meals. Usually my dinner lands somewhere between 7 - 8, and bedtime lands somewhere between 11 - 12. I also typically have a snack/dessert somewhere between dinner and bed.
  • mjsunshine16
    mjsunshine16 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I like to have dinner before 7:30pm but it can be as early at 5:00pm too. IT depends on what has been going on in my day.
  • ohmykai
    ohmykai Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I try to eat by 6, never later then 7!!!!
  • GnochhiGnomes
    GnochhiGnomes Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I had mine at three today because I was so hungry!
  • sbrooks0387
    sbrooks0387 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    i eat dinner at pretty much 5 on the dot maybe 5:30 if i am running late. i have a 3 y/o and a 16 month old and they do not survive much past 5 before they think they are starving. plus if we eat much latter they would eat then have to start getting ready for bed (7 p.m.)

for me if i have a snack or make the kids something with the intent to eat my dinner latter (it does happen in very hot weather) i try to eat at 7-8 and no snacks at all after about 8:30 so i don't go to bed right after eating.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    We have dinner anywhere between 5 and 7:30, depending on when we get home, and who's motivated to cook. The exception is Monday nights....I don't get home from rehearsal until after 9:30, and don't like to eat before. So a light dinner at 10 happens. Its working out ok.
  • Wabbit05
    Wabbit05 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I'm not home until 7pm (work til 5, gym until 6:45), so by the time I get dinner prepped and ready, it's usually 8pm. Hubby doesn't come home until 9pm tho so I just make enough for him that he can reheat.
  • mrsianno
    mrsianno Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I usually eat dinner around 9, my 17 month old does not go to bed until 8, so I make sure I have a bigger lunch and a smaller dinner.
  • BrieLP
    BrieLP Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    it depends on what i'm cooking. my fiance and i get off work at 6 (we work together and carpool) we get home about 630ish and I start cooking right away we usually eat between 7-830. Next week we will start getting off work at 5 so hopefully we can eat sooner.
  • JanSmelly
    JanSmelly Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    We eat dinner between 6:30 - 7:15. It may be a bit earlier in the winter and a bit longer in the summer.

Eat dinner when you want to eat dinner. The time on the clock has nothing to do with losing weight.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I was wondering what time of day do you all eat dinner? I liketo have dinner around 6 or 7 because I always feel lighter (not necessarily weigh less) in the morning when I eat early, but sometimes I have to eat dinner later like 9 because I'm a med student and my days are ALWAYS hectic and unpredictable. Anyway when I eat dinner at 9 I make myself stay up for like 3 hours to make sure everything has digested before I go to bed. What do you all do?

Hi there med student!

Do you have trouble sleeping on a full stomach, or are you under the impression that digesting the food first will make you lose weight faster?
  • head_in_rainbows
    head_in_rainbows Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I usually eat breakfest around 7 in the morning, lunch about 1-2 in the afternood and than dinner around 6-6:30 when I come back from work

breakfest - most carbs of the day, lunch - most proteins and dinner - most fat due to olive oil and cheese (I love cheese! gorgonzola, feta, camamber, brie! give it to me! ) I use in salads - I don't know how correct this is but that;s how I eat
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    We usually eat dinner around 7pm. When you eat doesn't really matter too much though...it's about staying in your calories and trying to get the right balance of nutrients.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Sometime between 5:30 and 11:00 usually........sometimes later but it's rare
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I work until 5 - 6 p.m. and then drive home, workout and then relax for a bit before starting dinner, so dinner is usually ready around 9 (ish) most nights. I don't make myself stay up, though, because proper rest is as important as proper diet. I typically go to bed around 10:30.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I eat dinner foods whenever I want - nothing like a nice big turkey sandwich for breakfast!!!

But my last meal of the day can happen anywhere between 4 and 9 pm, depending on what I'm making, what we have going on, and just how frucking hungry I am.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    When you're hungry for dinner.
  • mammawbeth
    Options
    We usually eat anywhere from 5-6 and then sometimes I will have a snack, but nothing after 9pm. Bed usually 10-10:30.