What are the most common foods/recipes you put Sriracha on?

Options
2»

Replies

• FlamencoGal
    FlamencoGal Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Absolutely everything!!!! I always have a giant bottle in my frig. When it gets down to below half, I run out and get another so that I am NEVER without it!!!!!
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    I use it in the boiling water for my pasta that is how much I love it.
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    How spicy is it compared to say Tabasco?
  • danamarier
    Options
    My favourite thing to put Siracha on are my vegetarian fresh rolls. (Wrap rice noodles with basil, mint, julienned carrots and cucumbers and a little bit of bean sprouts)

Voila!!
  • Wenchilada
    Wenchilada Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    How spicy is it compared to say Tabasco?

Similar? I think... I dunno, I'll have to go home and taste-test tonight, and report back. :D You use it in larger quantities than Tabasco, for sure - it's more of a puree/sauce than a sprinkle. The flavor is more involved, as well - it's not just heat.
  • ClammyCupcake
    ClammyCupcake Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Chicken
    eggs
    pizza
    my finger
    spoons
    your finger

Haha!! I like to use food as a spoon for this stuff. Chicken fingers, stir fry (with some peanut sauce...OMG), omeletes, any kind of potato, ramen (add to broth), and absolutely pizza.
  • Brengild
    Brengild Posts: 127
    Options
    What dont I put it on?! Love the stuff!
  • ClammyCupcake
    ClammyCupcake Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    THIS. I actually discovered this before Sriracha. Its the same but more garlicy, and CHUNKY with spices. Its the best. I go through big containers like its nothing. It's the same company too I believe. Its god.

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa20/lsmountford/Stuff for eons/garlicchilisauce.jpg

**Why is posting a picture on here impossible?
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Sriracha is good on everything EXCEPT buttery white sauce bases. Just my opinion. It would make a shoe taste good.
  • Cheeta_HH
    Cheeta_HH Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Pizza!

Also, I like to mix it with mayo to put on sandwiches.
  • IPAfan5
    IPAfan5 Posts: 27
    Options
    Literally Everything but my favorites are:
    Chicken
    Rice
    Mac n Cheese
    Pizza
    Eggs
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Love the taste but I'm a spicy food *****, SO I just mix like half a tsp of sriracha into a glob of hoisin and eat my pho with it.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Everything.

The only things that I can think of offhand that I haven't put sriracha on or in at some point in time would be greek yogurt or dessert products (ice cream, froyo, pies, cakes, etc.) Though, I have baked with cayenne, so I'm sure sriracha would be just as tasty. heh
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    nothing. don't like it very much.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Anything you can put Tabasco in, yo ucan put Sriracha in. So eggs, chicken, sandwiches, certain salads, vietnamese pho of course,