Come and Get Your Gap . . . Thigh Gap . . . That is . . .

Options

Replies

• Aplmark
    Aplmark Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Men want women's thighs to touch....theirs (nothing wrong with a little thigh to thigh contact now and then)
  • FuneralDiner
    FuneralDiner Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    What's so unhealthy about this:

She's probably going to end up with a hoo-ha infection from shorts that tight and ... short.

See all these comments sound like stank remarks. Seriously. You're all dissing the girl in the picture for what? Your own ego? I love how it's all bashes instead of science.

We're "dissing" her clothing not her. Last I checked it was still okay to "fashion bash", just not "body bash".
    And how is that relevant to the topic?

Jealousy is an awful trait. ;)
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I prefer thighs that touch.

Were you not aware that women do things to impress other women.

Not men?!

I didn't get the memo. :-(

GAWD! Get with the picture man.

Boyz r gross. Duh.

Does thigh gap assist with scissoring?

Nope. You can scissor just fine without it. Therefore, thigh gap = pointless.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    Options

She's probably going to end up with a hoo-ha infection from shorts that tight and ... short.

See all these comments sound like stank remarks. Seriously. You're all dissing the girl in the picture for what? Your own ego? I love how it's all bashes instead of science.

We're "dissing" her clothing not her. Last I checked it was still okay to "fashion bash", just not "body bash".
    And how is that relevant to the topic?

Jealousy is an awful trait. ;)
    ^^^^^^^^^
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options

There were a lot of body bashing comments. If you look, everyone went and edited their statements to save face.
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options

Are you not reading the replies correctly? We're not telling you she's ugly. I admit it, she's hot and I wish I looked like that.

What we're telling you is it's unhealthy for women to kill themselves for a thigh gap, because unless they have the right bone structure and genetics, they'll never look like this. They'll still look great with the diet and exercise, but there's little chance they'll look exactly like the girl in the picture.

sigh....

If you don't already have a "gap" hidden under body fat you might never see one. With pregnancy a wider pelvis might slightly increase your Q angle, but other than that there's not much you can do to change your skeletal structure.
    Besides, the larger the Q angle the more prone you are to knee pain, ACL tears, pronated ankles, fallen arches and so on. A narrower angle can be a great advantage in athletic performance. :)
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options

I kinda like what she's wearing. In fact it looks like an outfit I myself own.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I have wide hips so I will achieve the thigh gap and I can't f*cking wait.

Screw anyone who says it's "disgusting."
    Nobody in this thread said that.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options

Absolutely. If you're walking around with your asscheeks hanging out and picking a wedgie, it's going to get attention. Not all of that attention is going to be positive.

I added more to my post, too, that wasn't quoted. I actually think her thighs look just lovely, but I also don't consider that a thigh gap.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options

There were a lot of body bashing comments. If you look, everyone went and edited their statements to save face.

I edited my statement to add something thankyouverymuch. My comment was based on the fact that the Brazillian Butt DVD actually does tell you that if you can hold a pencil in the crease of your butt it means it's fat and flabby and not "lifted". Her butt looks like mine and mine is anything but fat and flabby.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    Options

I kinda like what she's wearing. In fact it looks like an outfit I myself own.
    All I'm saying is if I had her *kitten*, I wouldn't even bother with shorts, I'd just run around in a thong 24/7. It's legal here.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    We need a smiley that shows someone banging their head against a wall whilst simultaneously beating the crap out of a horse's skeleton.

No one is JEALOUS of those of you that can attain the thigh gap...holy cannoli. I think some of the smart women on here are trying to explain that it takes a certain body type/bone structure for the thigh gap to be even possible. However, many young women think that if they get "thin enough" they'll get the gap--this thinking can lead to disordered eating.

Oh, and just FYI, most of those model's gaps in magazines are the product of some skilled airbrushing. :flowerforyou:
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    FFS. Who cares.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    Options
    FFS. Who cares.

But it's thigh gap! I neeeeeeeeeeeeeeed it to be happy!
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    If you want to achieve thigh gap find a willing individual to part them for you.
    Otherwise it's called "genetics" or extremely low BF%.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    1.jpg
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    If you want to achieve thigh gap find a willing individual to part them for you.
    Otherwise it's called "genetics" or extremely low BF%.

:drinker: Very Well put.
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    1.jpg

Is that the actual resting place of the ark of the covenant?!?! Look away!!
  • vypeters
    vypeters Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Or you can just have broad hips. That makes the thigh gap a lot easier.

Note: Yeah, I've got quite a nice thigh gap due to very broad hips. On the other hand I have so much loose skin on my thighs due to my weight loss that no-one will ever see said gap but my husband.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    This is what I picture as a thigh gap. And again... if you happen to come by that naturally, and don't have to go to extreme measures to look that way, enjoy having legs like a gazelle! But if you think you need to severely limit your food intake or exercise for endless hours every day or are contemplating lipo because your thighs touch... that's another story.

tumblr_m2y4kp0pVT1ruqkhgo1_500.jpg

Just love your body. That's my message. Love what you got.