Starting 30 Day Shred tomorrow 05-08-12 - friends?

Options

Replies

• MoonIite
    MoonIite Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I workout with my HRM so I just go by the numbers it displays after I'm done.
  • ttdowls
    ttdowls Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm on day 5 of 30DS, and i like it so far. I'm really hoping to lose some inches, and have even been doubling up some days. From now on I'm probably just going to do 30DS once a day and C25k. Im really hoping I can stick with it. Feel free to add me!
  • MoonIite
    Options
    @ttdowls

I friend requested you :D I'm also hoping to lose inches, not so worried about the numbers on the scale (though it's a bonus if it registers a loss). I’m only going to weigh myself after the 30 days. Hopefully the before and after pictures will show the changes in my body (fingers crossed).
  • ttdowls
    ttdowls Posts: 3
    Options
    @ttdowls

I friend requested you :D I'm also hoping to lose inches, not so worried about the numbers on the scale (though it's a bonus if it registers a loss). I’m only going to weigh myself after the 30 days. Hopefully the before and after pictures will show the changes in my body (fingers crossed).

I accepted! Yeah, i had planned on not weighing myself until after the 30 days. I dont want a lack of weight loss to discourage me or anything. I took a couple of before pictures (eek) and hopefully i see changes.
  • mummamilla
    Options
    Please excuse my ignorance but what is a 30 day shred?
  • katelouiseoz
    Options
    HIya.

I'm on day 7 (still on Level 1) and loving it. I add to MFP as circuit training for 20 minutes.

Feel free to add me :)
  • aimforhealthy
    aimforhealthy Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, too, I could use more buddies around here and I'm friendly :D
  • healthykae
    healthykae Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 2! Glad to have found this group. Let's do this ladies!
  • Yellerie
    Yellerie Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I posted this as a separate topic but no one replied:

I'm starting the 30-day Shred tonight. I've never done it before, and did an hour of cardio earlier and would like to do a little yoga later to wind down and for extra stretching to avoid soreness. Do you all do ONLY the 30-day Shred, or do you do other stuff with it? I'm okay with it taking the place of my strength training for now, but reluctant to give up my daily yoga and interval training on the treadmill.

I generally do 30 mins on the treadmill + 30 day shred(at least the last few times ive done it) but I find the shred tough so other people maybe able to do more but for me thats enough
  • Vemapris
    Vemapris Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Please excuse my ignorance but what is a 30 day shred?

30 Day Shred is a DVD by Jilian Michaels (The BIggest Loser chick). It's approx 20min everyday. It has 3 levels and most people seem to be doing each level for 10 days = 30 days.
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 2 today and was wondering about the everyday thing. We use weights including bicep curls, aren't you supposed to rest the muscles you worked so wouldn't every other day make more sense? Or should I drop my weight, I was using 8lbs for that but I have 5lbs as well so would that keep it more like cardio as opposed to stength training? I was thinking I would get back up to 10lb then go beyond for weights but maybe that isn't what 30 Day Shred is for.

Also, Jillian Michaels website. I signed up for my free 30 day trial last night. I enter in 30 Day Shred and it comes up as 30 min so I changed it to 24 min, and the calories popped up as 330 cals burned so I changed that to 240. I didn't use my HRM but from past experience with it i burn about 100cal per 10 min for these types of things, and higher whe I go 40min +.. What kind of calories burned are people getting for this with an HRM? I know we're all different, I'm just curious.
  • country_blood14
    country_blood14 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I just started today. I just got finished. And while it burned, I actually finished! I have had the darn thing for a month, and was to chicken to do it, glad I finally just did it! I feel really good! I am going to be doing it every other day, as I am doing c25k 3 days a week as well, and then 1 rest day! Feel free to add me! I could use a group to push me to finish!
  • elissascotland
    elissascotland Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I just started today. I just got finished. And while it burned, I actually finished! I have had the darn thing for a month, and was to chicken to do it, glad I finally just did it! I feel really good! I am going to be doing it every other day, as I am doing c25k 3 days a week as well, and then 1 rest day! Feel free to add me! I could use a group to push me to finish!

Well done!!!
  • elissascotland
    elissascotland Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Missed shredding today - first day in a new job at a new hospital - stayed late by three hours and am now craling to bed exhausted.Sad not to shred nor to be eating within my calories today, but happy to be sore from my two days of shredding :)

See y'all tomorrow ;)
  • Vemapris
    Vemapris Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Missed shredding today - first day in a new job at a new hospital - stayed late by three hours and am now craling to bed exhausted.Sad not to shred nor to be eating within my calories today, but happy to be sore from my two days of shredding :)

See y'all tomorrow ;)

Don`t worry you'll do it tomorrow! You're allowed the occasional oops!
  • MoonIite
    Options
    Tonight I did Shred Level 1, followed by 30 minutes of cardio (Body Pump sans weight). According to my HRM I burned 399 cals total. The one thing I noticed was that I can now do a complete set of modified push-ups without stopping, lol. Before I could only manage 3 and my arms would give out.

How did everyone do tonight? Are you guys alternating with other workouts, or doing the Shred everyday?
  • lh1626
    lh1626 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I did day 2 of level 1. I used progresso soup cans instead of spaghettio cans for my hand weights! LOL! I pushed all the way through and did not stop. I have a hard time with it due to bad arthritis in both knees, but I pushed myself. I burned over 200 calories according to my HRM and then went on a walk with my dog for 11 minutes. I am trying to work some walking in with 30 DS.
  • MoonIite
    Options
    I'm thinking ahead here, but I was wondering what everyone plans are after they complete the 30 days Shred? I’m thinking of moving onto Ripped in 30 or Body Revolution.
  • angehome73
    angehome73 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yep count me in! I'm in Western Australia!
  • prettygirlhoward
    prettygirlhoward Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I just started 30DS last night and I woke up sore today...So far I like it. If you or anyone want to add me for support feel free. Always looking for motivation. ;)