A NEW ME - 2010 Weight Loss Challenge!

Options

Replies

• Brandiann
    Brandiann Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Brandiann:

THANK YOU!!!! i couldn't remember for the life of me ..... :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:

Your welcome Tammie! :drinker:
  • GoingToLoseIt
    Options
    how are you all doing with your 3x 30 minutes exercise as this weeks challenge? :flowerforyou:

So far so good - I got mine in on Saturday and today. Just need to squeeze one more in before Thursday!
  • Majot
    Majot Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I ran for an hour on Friday and Sunday and am planning to run again in the morning. :smile:
  • lfischer
    lfischer Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    how are you all doing with your 3x 30 minutes exercise as this weeks challenge? :flowerforyou:

Thursday I did an hour and fifteen minutes (arc trainer for 15 min, 45 on the elliptical and 15 min legs). I overdid my legs and could barely walk until today :( woops. So today I did an hour on the elliptical. I plan to hit the gym tomorrow, Wed and Thurs.

How is everyone eating?

NYE was bad (but not as bad as I thought - I logged all my food and drinks!) and then it was a in-law weekend...where it is very difficult to eat healthy. But...back on track today!

Anyone have any REALLY filling but not heavy breakfast suggestions? Something quick too? I am student teaching at a new school for a 3 week stint and can't snack like I am used to doing at my regular student teaching assignment. I normally have oatmeal, which holds me till 10:30, but lunch isn't until 11:45. TIA!
  • MelK8RN
    MelK8RN Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    oatmeal is great cause it takes a long time to digest...how about adding a little protein like some nuts to it? Might get you through that extra time til lunch!
  • tanya7712
    tanya7712 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I already did about 2 and half hours of excercise this week just by cleaning and cooking alone. Hey, better than nothing, right? I stink at excercise, I keep saying that I will do it but I get lazy.

-Tanya
  • donna56
    donna56 Posts: 412
    Options

I am doing great with it :smile:
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Feeling really frustrated and tired today. Last night before dinner I weighed myself, excited thinking I would be down. I had been under calories for 4 days, and been adding 15 minutes to most of my workouts! UP a lb. so of course I got frustrated and ate too much for dinner. I only went over my goal by 145 so it wasn't too bad. I just worked 10 hours and I have a bunch of work to do at home still. I am not going to get to the gym. Any good at home work out ideas that will burn me some calories?
  • GoingToLoseIt
    Options
    If you have Netflix, I discovered that in the "Instant" area (plays on your PC) there are a bunch of work-outs called "10 Minute Solutions". They are quick 10-min each workouts that you can watch right online. It's a nice way to grab a few minutes of exercise when you can't squeeze in a full hour.
  • twin2
    twin2 Posts: 404
    Options
    My starting weight on MFP was 223 lbs. I weighed in this Thursday at 216 lbs. I would like to lose 70-80 pounds.

WOOO HOOO! Great Job!
  • twin2
    twin2 Posts: 404
    Options
    Brandiann:

THANK YOU!!!! i couldn't remember for the life of me ..... :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:

Your welcome Tammie! :drinker:

THANK YOU!!!! I thought it was on Monday so maybe I have another day I can shed a little "water" weight!:grumble:
    Rhonda
  • lfischer
    Options
    oatmeal is great cause it takes a long time to digest...how about adding a little protein like some nuts to it? Might get you through that extra time til lunch!

I added pecans this morning and it helped - held me till 11:15...getting there! But my new mentor teacher said she didn't mind if I snacked, so phew!
  • lfischer
    Options
    Feeling really frustrated and tired today. Last night before dinner I weighed myself, excited thinking I would be down. I had been under calories for 4 days, and been adding 15 minutes to most of my workouts! UP a lb. so of course I got frustrated and ate too much for dinner. I only went over my goal by 145 so it wasn't too bad. I just worked 10 hours and I have a bunch of work to do at home still. I am not going to get to the gym. Any good at home work out ideas that will burn me some calories?

Don't get discouraged! What time do you normally weigh yourself? I only weigh first thing in the morning other wise everything I've eaten throughout the day wont be digested and I can easily weigh 5 pounds more at the end of the day than the beginning! So don't stress! Hmmm....do you have on demand? They have work out shows. Or put on some crappy pop music and dance for a half hour :)
  • christykowen
    Options
    Ok Here is to a NEW ME also. I come willing to be inspired and motivated by all of you! Here are my stats
    Lost 35 pounds over the last 16 months
    Gained 5 this Christmas
    Need to lose 23 pounds to be at goal.
    Sometimes feel lonely and think my family and freinds are a little sick of my never ending journey to becoming fit, I know I am! Hopefully you guys will fill that spot for me. I am motivated now! Christy
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I actually found a home work out idea that worked well for me.

Take a deck of cards. I used the 10's, all the face cards and the Ace.
    Assign each of the suits a different exercise.
    Example:
    Diamonds: running up and down the stair I have
    Hearts: line jumps
    Spades: Lunges
    Clubs: jumping jacks
    (you can use sits ups, crunches, push ups too)
    Then go shuffle and go through the deck and do the number of reps as the card you choose 10-15 basically. I did it through 2 times yesterday and burned 200 calories at home.
  • oEmmao
    oEmmao Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    got my swimming and walking in this week, want to start doing more too

how are you all getting on?

using more veggies in my cooking this week too, really want to get to my goal this year! :drinker:
  • GoingToLoseIt
    Options

Example:
    Then go shuffle and go through the deck and do the number of reps as the card you choose 10-15 basically. I did it through 2 times yesterday and burned 200 calories at home.
    Awesome idea! I am going to use this :)
  • tanya7712
    tanya7712 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I am going to try to use my Wii to get me started. I am being so lazy. I need to make more of an effort. Hopefully today will be day #1 as far as official real exercise (LOL)

Talk soon,
    Tanya
  • donna56
    donna56 Posts: 412
    Options

Example:

This is a good idea especially for people that don't have any idea of what to do for a work out , such as myself:laugh: I may have to cut the reps in half though until I get stronger or in better shape. I really like this idea though. Thanks
  • fitforme
    Options
    hi guys, have been following mfp on and off fo rthe last little while but 2010 is my year and I am committed to use this site for as long as it takes to reach my goal. I have 35 pounds to lose! look forward to the weigh in's for extra accountability!