Poll of the Day: Do You Actually Read Nutrition Labels?

Options

Replies

• ammire82
    ammire82 Posts: 50
    Options
    I don't when I'm shopping but I do before I eat it. Then I go HOLY S&*T and eat it anyways, work around the cals for the day, and NEVER buy it again
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,969 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. I don't buy a lot of stuff with labels, but I compare at the store: and I enter all my own nutrition stats or use the site default (Admin-entered, not other member-entered) data for whole foods, so I know what the nutrition stats are in the foods I put in my food diary.
  • heddy90
    heddy90 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I started doing it a week ago, and plan on continuing!
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Considering this is a calorie counting website I would assume most people do. And yes I've payed attention to them for the last 5-6 years.
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    I think I've looked up dang near everything I eat.
  • ssp1977
    ssp1977 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do. But I pay more attention to the 'Ingredients' list. If there are more than a few ingredients that I can't pronounce, I'll find something else....

Same here. I will check the serving size and then go right to ingredients.
  • embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    ALL the time...even when I don't necessarily want to. ;) My eyes go right to it now!! It's actually good though, many a time I have had a tasty *little treat* in my hand ready to put in my grocery cart... saw something horrifying on the label...and thrown that baby down! LOL! And I think in terms of * this would be a half hour or turbofire!...yuck!*. LOL.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    All the time. Even on foods I have no interest in eating but am just curious.
  • aqm22
    aqm22 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Yup. Everything.
  • wildcata77
    wildcata77 Posts: 660
    Options
    Absolutely. I look for a variety of things, but the deal breaker if I am comparing like products is usually sodium.
  • Altiv
    Altiv Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I don't buy anything without reading it, even if it's not for me or I'm just curious
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Hell yes, I am not buying something until I look at that label.
  • Vincentsz
    Vincentsz Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Yes!
  • birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Yes and it drives anyone shopping with me nuts.
  • xYumzx
    xYumzx Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    I can seriously be in the store for over an hour picking up 5 things because im reading labels... my label reading has ventured into none food items now... FML lol
  • vanessa40
    vanessa40 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I always do and what bothers me the most is the serving sizes. Nobody eats a half a can of soup and the drink packets say there are two servings. Right like i am going to put half a packet of drink mix in my water. Please ....
  • imlik
    imlik Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    YES! I'm careful about sodium and watchful for high fructose corn syrup, or lots of sugar in low fat items, and it's hidden in the weirdest places sometimes. I generally just skim for calories, sodium, sugars and protein
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    YES!!! AND I taught my 14 year old son to do the same- when choosing between two products, he holds one and I the other in order to see which is "best".
  • mellabyte
    mellabyte Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. (It annoys my boyfriend sometimes. ^_^)

If I can help it, I want to know what I'm eating. I used to just read calories and carbs. Now, in addition, I also check out sodium, saturated fats, and scan ingredients lists to see what's hidden in my food.
  • pdj1220
    pdj1220 Posts: 175
    Options
    Absolutely. I look for a variety of things, but the deal breaker if I am comparing like products is usually sodium.
    This is it for me. I picked up some frozen, skinless chicken breasts the other day. When I logged them, 660 mg sodium for 4 ounces.