Poll of the Day: Do You Actually Read Nutrition Labels?

Options

Replies

• ElleBee615
    ElleBee615 Posts: 177
    Options
    Yes.
  • Drop_it_Like_Its_Hawt
    Options
    I didn't before I started logging everything on MFP. Now I do it so often it drives my family a bit wonky. Takes a bit longer to grocery shop when I spend 15 minutes trying to find the lowest sodium sauces and such, but it makes a difference in the long run.
  • cmp_denver
    cmp_denver Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Yep, I double my time in the grocery store but always read the labels, how else do you know what you're putting into your body? I've found things listed on labels that have made me NOT buy something that I would have bought in a heart-beat before.
  • AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I didn't use to, but I do now.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i have to. i watch my carbs very closely.
    i even read them on things i've bought before to double check.
  • Drop_it_Like_Its_Hawt
    Options
    I haven't done it so much when we eat out at restuarants though, because I still cringe at the idea of being "that person" with all the the high-maintenance order requests. But we almost never eat out, so that's rarely an issue.
  • PaBeany
    PaBeany Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! If not only to check how many calories before I decide to buy.
  • Tex_Zen
    Tex_Zen Posts: 10
    Options
    yep, yes, I do. It is necessary component of being here. I have found that if I shop the veggie fruit and meat aisles there is so
    much less to worry about. smile.
  • BrazenHarpy
    BrazenHarpy Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Yes. If I can't find a label for something I'm eating, I go online and look up the calories and nutrition breakdown.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I didn't, but I do now. Kind of hard to accurately use this site without glancing at a label now and then, isn't it?
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Thouroughly!! I skim for red flag ingredients like monosodium glutamate (MSG) and other yuckies!! FYI...read the label on cool whip....the main ingredient is OIL! eeeewww!! You want some grease with that pie! mmmhmmm....NOT
  • AmyBecky74
    AmyBecky74 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    all the time, mostly for cal - carbs - fat
  • susiebear29
    Options
    YES!!! it drives my boyfriend crazy!!! :noway:
  • tajmel
    tajmel Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Constantly, both the ingredients and nutrition.
  • ohmykai
    ohmykai Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Hell Yes I do!!! I have to stay away from MSG!
  • Neeser926
    Neeser926 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Not only do I read them but I will compare two items right there in the supermarket aisle. Takes me three times as long to shop!
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,550 Member
    Options
    Yes. Everything I buy and put in my mouth or feed my family.
  • kobashi
    kobashi Posts: 164
    Options
    I read them every time and compare ingredients as well as intake levels of various nutrients. I started doing this in the beginning and it has been a great weight loss tool.
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I haven't done it so much when we eat out at restuarants though, because I still cringe at the idea of being "that person" with all the the high-maintenance order requests. But we almost never eat out, so that's rarely an issue.

Honey....BE THAT PERSON!!! It takes hardly any time to enter in different foods...it just looks like you are taking longer because you are looking @ your phone and not the menu. It is SOOOO worth it not to consume 10,000mg of sodium and 1,400 cals and 80mg of fat!! Seriously....look up Chili's or Applebee's nutritional facts (maybe not ^^ that bad, but geez, pretty close)
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!