POSSIBLE TO LOSE 10 IN 2 WEEKS?

Options
My mother in law made the announcemnt for a waterpark trip in about 2 weeks. I'm at 15?? is it possible to lose 10 in that amount of time or am I aiming too high. I've been uncomfortable with the idea since it was brought up. hell i dont even have a suit to wear to get wet, im so self concious. :( advice as far as dieting and stuff? I might do two a days, running in the morning, insanity after work. yogurt, wheat bread turkey, salmon, smaller portions, slimfast shakes or special k cereal if I have my small window for breakfast? I'm not asking for a miracle I just wanna be under 150 at least so I can find a decent bathing suit. HELP!!

Replies

• emmabrackpool
    emmabrackpool Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Try Atkins ive lost 10lbs in the past 3wks
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Why is the number such a fixture here? You're looking for inches, not pounds, I'm sure.

Just buy a swimsuit that is flattering for your current body and give yourself a break.
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I don't think ten pounds will make a huge difference in your swimsuit selection :ohwell:

I would measure your waist and hips today, and aim for a 1/2 inch to 1 inch loss (depending on your size- if you're smaller, go less) by then.

And then don't touch the measuring tape until the two weeks is up, because if you measure every day it'll stress you out like the scale is doing.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    My mother in law made the announcemnt for a waterpark trip in about 2 weeks. I'm at 15?? is it possible to lose 10 in that amount of time or am I aiming too high. I've been uncomfortable with the idea since it was brought up. hell i dont even have a suit to wear to get wet, im so self concious. :( advice as far as dieting and stuff? I might do two a days, running in the morning, insanity after work. yogurt, wheat bread turkey, salmon, smaller portions, slimfast shakes or special k cereal if I have my small window for breakfast? I'm not asking for a miracle I just wanna be under 150 at least so I can find a decent bathing suit. HELP!!

Lose 10 lbs of what?

Still want to look flabby and overweight but be 10 lbs lighter on the scale? And no one could tell the difference so you'll have to tell them you weigh 10 lbs less?

2 days before you go, jog or bike outside in the afternoon heat at 75% of HRmax for 2 hrs, and don't drink enough fluids, and eat low carb for 24 hrs before, during, and after.

You can easily lose 10 lbs of water, glucose stores with attached water, and muscle burnoff.

That's 10 lbs of weight gone!

I just lost 6lbs this last Saturday, another 5lbs on Sun, doing this exact thing. And that was drinking 48 ozs of water during the ride actually. So you can drink some. Of course, I didn't do low carb, and because I plan on exercising again, I ate higher carb.

But if all you need is weight gone without looking different, go for it.
  • SeanNJ
    SeanNJ Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Chop off a leg, just below the knee.
  • muchadoaboutme2000
    muchadoaboutme2000 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Woah woah woah, breathe. No one is going to look at you and say "Umm, that girl CLEARLY weighs 160 lbs. Gross." Instead of freaking out over your last 15 lbs (congrats on that), why don't you spend the next 2 weeks eating well, working out as usual and looking for a bathing suit that fits YOUR BODY. The scale isn't going to make the suit fit you better. You could be 150 and STILL not find one you like because you aren't seeing what you want to see. 10lbs in 2 weeks is a lot of weight to lose. Especially for a smaller person. You could do something like Atkins, but that's temporary and you're gonna be miserable quitting carbs cold turkey. Get a suit that you like, screw the scale and have FUN! Punishing yourself for those last few lbs isn't the way to go.
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't kill myself to loose that in 2 weeks. I don't think it's worth it. You won't make a huge difference to your shape and tone of your body in 2 weeks. It takes time to loose weight and for your body to change shape. I'd obviously eat well and exercise a lot but wouldn't be knocking myself out totally just for a number if I'm honest.
  • GreenEyedLady1
    Options
    doable? yes.

doable in healthy way? not so much.
  • jimmeezwyf
    jimmeezwyf Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Atkins induction phase...I lost 11 lbs. in 2 weeks.
  • tppchef
    tppchef Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Muscle is so much sexier than thin. I would be doing some major squats, lunges, and cardio. Don't forget the back of your arms, and work those triceps with hand weights and push-ups. Eat clean and you should be amazing!
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    All I see is a fun-loving young lady. Want a lift? Get yourself some 5 pound weights and tone up your arms. You'll get more confidence in your suit. Start a sensible diet, and you can be a very hot chiquita.
  • Wildheart_Baby
    Wildheart_Baby Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Have you thought about hacking off an arm perhaps ;-)
  • PaleoRDH
    PaleoRDH Posts: 266
    Options
    Listen, don't stress........ there are some people running around the waterparks in bikinis who have NOOOOO reason to be wearing a bikini. you will see when you get there that you have nothing whatsoever to feel self conscious about. NOW, every time I've been to a waterpark, I've worn a one piece swimsuit with a pair of shorts over it, and I swam that way. Lots of people do. If that's what makes you feel comfy, then just wear the shorts and jump in the water, have fun, and don't think about it another moment. Just keep on track with your goals...................
  • kzcortes
    kzcortes Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    May be possible...but it's going to be unhealthy and more than likely not sustainable.
  • wildkatt7
    wildkatt7 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    it isn't healthy to just "lose weight" like that... you need to do it healthy and wise... and honestly, who cares what people think about you in a suit... have fun... get one that works for you as you are not as you will be or could be... you have to be happy with yourself - losing a sudden 10 pounds isn't gonna change that.
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Low Carb Atkins, and it's possible.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Any amount of weight you lose rapidly is just going to be mostly water weight and not make any impact in how you look in a swimsuit. It'll just make you feel like poop and not have the energy to enjoy the water park.

I second the advice of getting a cute suit that fits and flatters your current body.
  • ShannonGo
    Options
    There is no magic to losing 10lbs and fitting into swimsuits or dresses. Its not likely that you'll lose it from where you think it needs to shed from, so why would you make yourself miserable for an arbitrary weight loss?
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    get into ketosis asap, and sure it's possibly.

it will mostly be water weight and not fat. but you can do it if you're looking for an arbitrary number.
  • kvalmera
    kvalmera Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful just as you are!! Don't worry about the numbers, just enjoy yourself and stop worrying!