Restarting

Options
2»

Replies

• KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I restarted yesterday, and was depressed to see I started a pound heavier than last time I "restarted".
  • lanie37
    lanie37 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I have been here for 7 weeks now, I log in everyday and try to offer help and advice when and where needed. Feel free to add me
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    one day at a time...one decision at a time. that's all it takes.

the only thing you can do with the past is learn from it. think about why you have struggled...think about what you can do to help avoid those struggles in the future. plan ahead.

oh, and I strongly recommend only weighing yourself first think in the morning...after the morning bathroom use and before you eat anything. Its the most consistent reading you will get because its difficult to duplicate your day, each day.

best of luck to you :)
  • Ebonydiva
    Ebonydiva Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Best of luck and do your best. Once you've done that you will be proud of yourself
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Good thing about restarting. You have the tools aready.
    This is my second time around. 2 years ago, also starting in May, I did this. I am losing weight at the same pace as last time. This time I am less worried about stuff. And I am determined to log for a year. Get it all done this time, then work on maintenance. That is where I had problems the last time.
    You will do fine. Pace yourself and celebrate every victory.
  • carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    OMG I have let myself go so bad!!! I am starting from square one and will weigh myself tonight... I am scared what the scale will say! I will do this. I have a plan and I will make it work! I will build up my stamina to exercise and say no to all the poisin I have been stuffing myself with... Heres to all of you restarting too! Good luck!

Been there! I stepped on the scale for the first time after having a year long relapse into old habits. I'd gained 40 pounds, and I've taken 6 months to get rid of them again.

You can do it, just take it one day, even one meal at a time. Slow and steady really does win.
  • neh310
    neh310 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I restarted last week. Tough and slow going for me - but I think the key is that I restarted. Never give up, right? I've lost 4 of the 7 pounds I regained while not logging or exercising (I got lazy and then had a medical issue) which is great and encouraging. Good luck everyone, we can all do this!
  • atownsend5
    Options
    I restarted last week. I lost 55 lbs about 2 years ago and it has all shown back up again. And it brought a few friends back with it. I will weigh tonight. Praying that one week shows some encouraging results because I am really wanting some chocolate right now.

Good luck on your journey.
  • StephJB1221
    Options
    Anyone looking for motivation, advice and support feel free to add and message me anytime!!! I know how tough this journey is and after the long journey myself I love to help others on theirs!!!!!!!
  • 2gabbee
    2gabbee Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Each time I feel motivated & focused I allow life bumps to get in the way. Tend to take care of everyone else. Trying, not perfect, to make myself a priority again. Baby steps. Small changes. I will improve not expecting perfection!