I was afraid of this...

Options

Replies

• smsgreaves
    smsgreaves Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I use MFP to hold myself accountable. Before logging in, I would have a bad food day and go, "oh well. If you're gonna do something wrong you might as well do it right!" Then I'd binge. Now I prelog my calories before I ever consume them, and sometimes when I feel a binge coming on, I log the calories just to get a feel for the numbers. So far it's been enough of a deterrent :).

Yes and that too!!! I seek out food and go "I'm going to eat an entire bag of chips and no-one is going to stop me" but then I check the food database on here and when I realise that bag of chips equals an entire day's food, or at least 2 solid hours working out, I put it away!
  • jameswanless
    Options
    Why don't you ask your lord to fix it? Or is that another one of "it's just god's will" excuses religious people make for having faith in something that doesn't exist?
  • LuLuSUPER
    LuLuSUPER Posts: 189
    Options
    I decide to stop on the day I am reverting. I never wait until tomorrow. I say to myself: "this evening is going to be a good evening even if I screwed up the rest of the day. I'm going to eat only healthy foods this evening and lots of water and tea. I'm going to make this evening something to be happy about."

Never, ever say "I'll start tomorrow".

^^^^^THIS^^^^^^

we fall down and we get back up!! not lay down saying oh, i fallen and i cant get up.

You can do it, and will be back on your roll, patience and faith will carry you. I got your back. add me if you like:flowerforyou:
  • MeEthel
    MeEthel Posts: 8
    Options
    I set my hair on fire and run around in circles screaming. It puts things into perspective.
  • lizzhenson
    lizzhenson Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    When I start emotional eating or out of boredom or because I really really really wanted something I work out. Hard. And when I work out, I want to eat right or the effort I put in is for naught.
  • LouiseRose92
    Options
    I think about how long it'll take to lose the weight. I have a lot to lose, so maybe a year, 18 months? And then I imagine how I'll feel if I'm still this weight at that time, when I could be done already.
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    think about all of the reasons you hated being unhealthy/overweight enough to start this journey. If you haven't written them down, write them down. There have to be some deep, dark reasons...even secrets that only you know....as to why you were motivated to start this journey. If you dig deep enough to find those reasons, this activity should help get you back on the right track.

never forget that this is and always will be a battle with your mind. the physical part is easy if you get past those mental stumbling blocks (I call them mental meanies and brain bullies).
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    "When I feel sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True Story."
    --B. Stinson
  • rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Why don't you ask your lord to fix it? Or is that another one of "it's just god's will" excuses religious people make for having faith in something that doesn't exist?

Just because your believes do not align with those of the original poster, does not mean you can be a jerk about it. If you don't agree, then you don't need to comment.
    This helps nobody, and just goes to show the MFP community your real self. Not so cute.
  • LuLuSUPER
    LuLuSUPER Posts: 189
    Options

Just curious, do you know the dfference between spirituality and religion? Gods will is not a excuse, excuses are excuses and sometimes people abuse Gods word for their own selfish agenda or lack there of. I am a spritual person whom belives in God, also I take responsibility for my mistakes and realize they are part of life.
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I look in the mirror and at new pictures. Sometimes I have a few days in a row that are just really bad...always hungry can't stop snacking and stuff like that. When I notice that happening I have a few different things that I may do...

1. Stop buying snacks for awhile - without snacks, I don't have anything to turn to.
    2. If I am going to eat snacks, keep 90 cal granola bars, 90 cal rice cake packs, or the 40-80 cal "just for 1" veggie trays...
    3. Workout more so I can have more calories back..
    4. Continue to Track everything so I know exactly what I am eating!
  • TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I noticed you said you just started reverting to your old ways today. It's good that you noticed before it got out of hand!

I'm an old hand at turning to food. I've been doing quite well since starting MFP except on the 2 days each month when my hormones come into play and then my is constantly saying " EAT THAT, and EAT IT NOW!!" to about everything it sees. What I do about it is try to minimize the damage as much as possible.

I drink more water.

I will go exercise and push myself harder than usual, because the post-exercise endorphins can really help ease the effects of severe stress. I'm a mother of 5, only 2 of whom are still living at home as dependents, but my oldest son is fully capable of inducing severe stress all by himself. He is a part of the reason why I ended up needing this site in the first place.

If I am REALLY wanting to eat a certain thing I will try to allow myself a little bit of it, in order to prevent a full out binge later, but I do try to drink water and wait a while first, in case it's just a passing feeling.

I've also been trying to change my mindset, as I'm a high anxiety kind of person, so I try to look at each situation in this manner: Is this something about which I can do something to change it? If no, then shove it to the back of my mind. If it's something which I CAN do something to change, then I try to examine how I can go about doing that in the least stressful but most successful manner. It takes time and effort, but I've been able to make this my mantra this year via my "new year's resolution" and so far I've only had a few setbacks.

I hope I was able to offer some helpful advice here, and I hope that you can manage your stress levels so that you can continue to work on staying healthy in spite of it all.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

I don't know for certain yet whether you're right or she's right about your contrary beliefs in a higher power...

...but I do know that you're a tool.
  • tibeck01
    tibeck01 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Wow. There was no reason to go there.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options

You do realize she didn't say that her eating was God's will, right? Why are you looking to fight about something irrelevant to the original post? Start a religious rant post if you want to, stay out of this one.
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options

The poster is entitled to an opinion, so let's not get into it.

I appreciate your time to read and respond to the thread. However, you didn't answer the question.
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    Tina: Thank you!
  • CrysButcher3
    Options
    Wow. There was no reason to go there.

Seriously I will definitely pray for you...that was absolutely uncalled for.
  • Fit2morrow
    Fit2morrow Posts: 48 Member
    Options

For starters, God gave each of us agency to choose, and that agency will not be taken away from us regardless of the consequence - it is our gift from God. It is precisely because he loves us that God won't 'fix' our lives, anymore than a loving parent would 'fix' every problem in the life of their child. How would the child ever learn and grow without the opportunity to resolve and fix their own problems?

It is awfully nice of you to chime in however. I'm sure the world is a better place because of your outlook and willingness to share with the rest of us.
  • CrysButcher3
    Options
    And Coach...
    I personally have had my own issues with going back to bad habits. It is great that you caught it only after a day! ((I was never that good)) I have found that plugging my ipod into my ears, and walking/jogging at my local park has helped me a lot. I do a LOT of meditation and spending time alone there to clear my head and take things to a higher power....and usually that helps. There is always a *root* to our problems....so finding that *root* is essential to getting back on track.

Praying for you. :flowerforyou: