100 Miles In August!!

Options
Hi Friends :-) Here’s our thread for the 100miles in August challenge. You can earn miles walking/running/biking/elliptical whatever cardio you do that your able to track your mileage. I have done this in June (75miles) and July (hit 89 miles!!) so I’m looking to actually hit 100 in August. I found this helps me stay motivated to get business done lol so what I do is track my daily miles in my exercise notes and at the end of the week come back here and let us know how you did :-) each week quote yourself and add your next week below the week before and we will see where we end up!!

I will post mine in the AM :-) Happy Cardio-ing :flowerforyou:

Replies

• pmaxson
    pmaxson Posts: 137
    Options
    I'm in - I definitely need some motivation!
  • evansproudmama
    Options
    Awesome feel free to add me for support :-)
  • tkbronico
    tkbronico Posts: 58
    Options
    I'm in! The challenge certainly does keep you accountable :-)
  • lilgemforgets
    Options
    I will try! Doubt i will get anywhere close...but will try!
  • ganaz23
    ganaz23 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Can I join. It sounds like fun.
  • angbunny22
    Options
    I am IN!
  • msmith2020
    msmith2020 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I'm totally down for this!! I have an awesome app called Runkeeper that keeps up with your miles, pace, calories etc. I manily use it for pace/miles when I'm walking outside off the treadmill. LOVE IT! It also has a website where you can make goals like these and it tracks your progress! I will post it there and update here!!
  • Mitchellbarbara
    Mitchellbarbara Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I in, so I better get moving
  • tkbronico
    Options

As of Friday, August 3 I have 14.43 miles on the bike, treadmill and stairclimber!
  • angbunny22
    Options
    I am IN!

As of August 1st I have walked 21.08 Miles :)
  • pmaxson
    Options
    I'm lagging! Since 8/1, I've run 5, hiked 7.5, swum 1. Better get with it. :)
  • evansproudmama
    Options

Some is much better than none :-) your doing great keep it up!!
  • evansproudmama
    Options
    Hi Friends :-) Here’s our thread for the 100miles in August challenge. You can earn miles walking/running/biking/elliptical whatever cardio you do that your able to track your mileage. I have done this in June (75miles) and July (hit 89 miles!!) so I’m looking to actually hit 100 in August. I found this helps me stay motivated to get business done lol so what I do is track my daily miles in my exercise notes and at the end of the week come back here and let us know how you did :-) each week quote yourself and add your next week below the week before and we will see where we end up!!

I will post mine in the AM :-) Happy Cardio-ing :flowerforyou:

I'm at 14 miles so far :-) Going for 5+ today!!
  • bikechic61
    Options
    I rode my bike 102 miles on Aug 4. Taking a day off today!
  • pmaxson
    Options

Some is much better than none :-) your doing great keep it up!!

Thanks! Ran 6, swam 1. Up to 20.5.
  • pmaxson
    Options
    Cycled 15 yesterday, running 5 today. Hopefully swimming 1 later if the weather cooperates.
    Keep up the good work everyone!
  • ball858
    ball858 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I'm in too - I need a good challenge :0)

Week ending 5/8/12: 11 miles (2 run / 6 bike / 3 walk)
  • Alohathin
    Alohathin Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I use Endomondo to track my mileage by GPS, which is awesome since I do all my cardio outside (no treadmills and such).

First week of August-18 walking miles 1 hour of tennis

I need new shoes in a bad way, so I'm walking to Sports Authority tomorrow. It's about a 7.5 mile round trip, which will get me almost back on pace for 100 miles this month. I'll definitely get there with the new feets wear. ;)
  • Alohathin
    Alohathin Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I use Endomondo to track my mileage by GPS, which is awesome since I do all my cardio outside (no treadmills and such).

First week of August-18 walking miles 1 hour of tennis

I need new shoes in a bad way, so I'm walking to Sports Authority tomorrow. It's about a 7.5 mile round trip, which will get me almost back on pace for 100 miles this month. I'll definitely get there with the new feets wear. ;)

Got my new shoes today, and put 4 miles on them. Plus 3.75 on my old shoes, which puts me at 26 miles for the month so far. That's on pace for 100.75 miles. :)
  • tkbronico
    Options

14.43 first few days plus 23.35 through today = 37.78 total so far on bike, stairclimber and treadmill :-)