What do you put in your coffee?

Options
2»

Replies

• Picklepower
    Picklepower Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    how do i add my morning coffee to my diary? do i just add each item separate?

and slightly off topic but i didn't see the need for starting a whole new thread....coffee tends to give me heartburn (i know not good but i just can't help myself...i love the stuff. but i usually only have half a mug full anyway), so, that being the case, i take tums. is that something i should add to my diary also? or do you think 2 tums a couple times a week will make a difference?
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,711 Member
    Options
    A couple of shots of Baileys! Oh, did you mean healthy ideas? :tongue:

Oh heck yeah! I'm hanging out at Jill's house in the morning!
    Coffee pot is set to start at 5:15 a.m. See ya! :bigsmile:
  • Amberly10
    Amberly10 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I love coffee too and use Coffee Mate French Vanilla liquid creamer and 2 tsp of sugar. I would love to find something a bit healthier also. I don't do sugar substitutes though because I feel that the real thing is better and healthier than chemicals so if I switch it has to be something natural.

For those that use the fat free creamer...does it taste very different from the regular?
  • mdale2
    mdale2 Posts: 79
    Options
    If you use cream, do yourself a favor and use the real deal in moderation. Consider that most "fat free" or Coffeemate liquid creamers also contain a host of other ingredients, they're not exactly savory or good for you in any way.

Myself...a tablespoon of half and half or whole milk. No sweetener. Sometimes I'll just drink it black. It grows on you after a while.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,711 Member
    Options
    I drink my coffee black. I think if you find a really good coffee, that's the best way to drink it. My coffee of choice is Seattle's Best French Roast. It's soooo tasty.
  • jtintx
    jtintx Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    bump - so I can look at muscle builders food diary...
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Plain ol' 2% milk and nothing else. It took me a while to ween myself off the fake crap (coffee mate) and not use sugar. I do occasionally add a splash of vanilla extract (same taste as coffee mate...but healthy and natural).
  • kidsx4
    kidsx4 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am going to try honey. This is my first day. We'll see!!
    Do you use a creamer in your coffee?
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    I found vanilla creme flavored Stevia at Kroger. Stevia is good! It takes a few trys to get the right doseage for your taste. I have a large mug, about 16 oz, so 2-3 drops is my limit.
  • Picklepower
    Picklepower Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    this morning i cut back on the whole milk and equal, using less than i usually do. but i also added just a smidge of hershey's cocoa powder, the natural unsweetened stuff, about a teaspoon for estimates sake. and it's really good! tastes like something from a coffee shop!
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    Plain ol' 2% milk and nothing else. It took me a while to ween myself off the fake crap (coffee mate) and not use sugar. I do occasionally add a splash of vanilla extract (same taste as coffee mate...but healthy and natural).
    I like the idea of the vanilla - Thanks!
  • shinybonnie
    Options
    I've tried lots of different combos of sweetners and creamers and I find that I can get used to any of them if I keep using them. I used to not be able to stand anything but equal and coffeemate, then evolved into sugar and half&half, now I'm using splenda and coffeemate. I really think that however you get used to drinking it, that is the way you will like it! Whatever you do to it, one thing remains: gotta have that COFFEE!
  • TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options
    BUT I Still use my vanilla fat free creamer ,and I will not give it up!

Me either!! I refuse!! I've given up alot and this is one thing I'm simply NOT willing to take away.
  • fitforme
    Options
    I try to go black but it has to be aREALLY good coffee to do that! I usually use a couple teaspoons of milk and a all natural sweetner called xylitol. It's actually made out of birch bark! bu ti think it actually compares to splenda for sweetness I found it at Nutters. Another good sweetner is vanilla rice milk!
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    I use splenda and coffee mate powdered creamer. I have 1 to 2 cups a day.
  • sarakenna1
    Options
    I'm pretty much addicted to fat free Coffeemate hazelnut liquid creamer. 1.5 tbls per cup of (fresh ground) coffee. mmmmmm
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    how do i add my morning coffee to my diary? do i just add each item separate?

and slightly off topic but i didn't see the need for starting a whole new thread....coffee tends to give me heartburn (i know not good but i just can't help myself...i love the stuff. but i usually only have half a mug full anyway), so, that being the case, i take tums. is that something i should add to my diary also? or do you think 2 tums a couple times a week will make a difference?

What I did with my coffee is put it in first and then made it a meal. That way it's my coffee, plus splenda and the coffee mate.

As far as tums go, it's your call. I think mine are 10 or 20 cals for 2. i would assume you over estimate something by 20 calories a couple times a week.