Poll: How old is too old to wear a ...?

Options

Replies

• zrmac804
    zrmac804 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Except for the last three, I don't feel confident enough to wear ANY of these things EVER. I'm just not the right type, and I hate attracting attention.

I wore leather pants when I owned and drove a motorcycle, but that was strictly for safety reasons.
  • CameoDouglas
    CameoDouglas Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    • Bikini – 45
    • Miniskirt – 30
    • Tube top – 30
    • Stilettos – 48
    • Belly button ring – 35
    • Knee-high boots – 45
    • Leather pants – 30
    • Leggings – 35
    • UGG boots – 30
    • See-through blouse – 35
    • One-piece bathing suit – What other bathing suit would you wear..?
    • Long hair – Depends, I would say 30 but some people make it look really timeless and pretty in their 60's.
    • Ponytail – 38
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    helenmirren.jpg

i say work it if you got it and work it to keep it as long as you can!! Helen is in her 60s in this bikini and she ROCKS it.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    A UK diet company called Diet Chef recently did a poll asking people when they should stop wearing certain things. Bikini, miniskirt, UGG boots…they asked about it all.

But if you want to see what other people think here's when you're too old to wear ...

• Bikini – 47
    • Miniskirt – 35
    • Tube top – 33
    • Stilettos – 51
    • Belly button ring – 35
    • Knee-high boots – 47
    • Leather pants – 34
    • Leggings – 45
    • UGG boots – 45
    • See-through blouse – 40
    • One-piece bathing suit – 61
    • Long hair – 53
    • Ponytail – 51

Your thoughts?

Actually aside from the ugg boots and the one piece I wear pretty much everything on this list and I look frickin fabulous in all of it.
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    There is no age to hotness.
    Helen Mirren rocks a bikini.
  • Blayzn10Tiffers
    Options
    Your thoughts?

I'm 40. In a miniskirt, sheer blouse, and if you look close enough, you may see my naval piercing.

mini.jpg

Diet Chef can bite me.
    [/quote]

any holy **** you have smokin legs!! LOVE THE HEELS!
  • Blayzn10Tiffers
    Options
    helenmirren.jpg

i say work it if you got it and work it to keep it as long as you can!! Helen is in her 60s in this bikini and she ROCKS it.

She OWNS it!! GET IT GIRL!
  • jsmith0644
    jsmith0644 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am 47 and still rock a mohawk. Mind you it isn't red as it was when I was much younger. But I am doing it again. People say I'm rockin the half century mark in style.
  • Aviendha_RJ
    Aviendha_RJ Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    A UK diet company called Diet Chef recently did a poll asking people when they should stop wearing certain things. Bikini, miniskirt, UGG boots…they asked about it all.

But if you want to see what other people think here's when you're too old to wear ...

Your thoughts?

They want all the old ladies to go back to bikinis at 61 then? That doesn't sound right....
  • Judontmesswithme
    Options
    I'm reposting before looking at anyone else's ideas, so here goes:
    • Bikini – not really age-specific, more depends on body type unfortunately
    • Miniskirt – 30
    • Tube top – 27
    • Stilettos – 40
    • Belly button ring – never? seriously, 25
    • Knee-high boots – 47
    • Leather pants – 30
    • Leggings – 35
    • UGG boots – 35
    • See-through blouse – 30
    • One-piece bathing suit – never too old - everyone loves to swim
    • Long hair – depends on the person but generally no age limit
    • Ponytail – no age limit
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Hmmm - first of all I LOVE my Uggs and Im 41 - and I live in the freakin frozen tundra so....BUT I wear what I want and what makes ME feel sexy/playful/comfortable.....and I LIKE how I dress and I think thats all that matters - and the Bathing suit thing I just spent a week in Florida with a 65 year old woman who looked AMAZING and according to this she should have shriveled up and not got in the ocean......
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    awsome i still have time to finnaly wear all of that!!!
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Wait wait... so after 61... i cant wear a one piece bathing suit according to this... and certainly not a bikini...at 61 (though I'm not that age, but I will be eventually), a bikini would be way out of line. So i'm guessing when i turn 62 i should just go swimming nude????
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    Thank God I have 10 more yrs for the bikini. I am afraid I have overstepped miniskirts though. Whoops... X I dont think I'll be able to give them up though. LOL
  • Sassy922
    Sassy922 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    woo-hoo! I'm not too old for anything on that list, yet!
  • BlueJean4114
    BlueJean4114 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    wouldn't it be grand to ever see us advance enough as a people to find value in a woman beyond her appearance? Women have always been valued primarily on their appearance first, and everything else second (if at all. rolls eyes). Hopefully, things will continue to change, and a woman's appearance will not be the primary source of her value.
    Males are also valued based on their appearance,
    but, not to the extent a woman is. nope.

odder yet, the notion someone else would get to choose who wears what at what age? rofl.

I'm all for a person wearing whatever they want to wear. If they present as odd or in an unflattering way to those who prioritize such things, then it's up to that person to decide if risking being judged by others negatively is more important to that person than their urge to wear whatever.
    Beauty IS in the eye of the beholder. As is what makes a person special and valuable.
    Look around. The person you mock, might be seen as all that by yet another person, who knows?

What a culture we live in, where people like Paris Hilton and Kardashians are somehow seen as interesting by way way too many ppl,
    and women with powerful brains and Amazing Accomplishments still face others putting value on their appearance.
    Seems backwards to me, always has. And no, i wore a string bikini at age 50, and rocked it. (can't right NOW, nope! that's why i am here, lol! but, i was a hottie for decades, but even then, something in me was turned off to conversations or mindsets which emphasized a woman's value as somehow related to her appearance, always bothered me.)

It's just worth considering if we really want to participate in adding to the way women of all ages are too often valued for their external appearance, imo, from the young young and very vulnerable teens, to the older women, maybe it's time we begin to support and emphasize other attributes to focus on, imho.
    A wave of change can begin with drops, be part of a wave of change! Your daughters might thank you someday for your attitude and for trying to turn on lights when you could, who knows.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options

What are you supposed to wear after that?????
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options

What are you supposed to wear after that?????

Clearly people die after 61. :-P
  • rbear713
    rbear713 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I think that if you like it, feel good in it, and don't show anything genitalia-related, you're golden to wear whatever the fruck you want.

^^^ this one - if you like it and look good in it , then I say FRUCK IT 2! As a guy, I will say this - if it looks hot on you, I'll be lookin! ;)
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options

• Bikini – 47
    • Miniskirt – 35
    • Tube top – 33
    • Stilettos – 51
    • Belly button ring – 35
    • Knee-high boots – 47
    • Leather pants – 34
    • Leggings – 45
    • UGG boots – 45
    • See-through blouse – 40
    • Long hair – 53