Power 90 Calories Burned

Options
I am on level 1-2 on Power 90 but I am working up a big sweat. I am not sure how to track my calories. I do not have a HRM is there anyway I can figure out my calories without one? For others that are using it how many calories do you put?

Replies

• heaverchell
    heaverchell Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I am also doing Power 90. I do have a HRM and during Sculpt today I burned around 270 calories. Problem with that is it will differ per person. The more you weigh the more you burn. The one thing I found that was closest to what my HRM said was logging it under Circuit Training. BTW I love Power 90, you can feel a great burn without feeling like your gonna die :)

Hope that helps and good luck:happy: :drinker:
  • Lbishop1213
    Options
    I guess it is pretty close to what the program says for circuit training. I just feel so sweaty and winded I was sure I burned more than that lol lol. I like power 90 too. I am just starting out but I am thinking about doing two a days. The fast one in the morning and than the sculpt/cardio in the evenings.
  • cklowery36
    cklowery36 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    It's true, it does vary from one to another. I got an HRM just to keep track.
  • jencooks
    jencooks Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I don't have a heart rate monitor, but I log mine under circuit training.
  • jencooks
    jencooks Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I guess it is pretty close to what the program says for circuit training. I just feel so sweaty and winded I was sure I burned more than that lol lol. I like power 90 too. I am just starting out but I am thinking about doing two a days. The fast one in the morning and than the sculpt/cardio in the evenings.

I'm far from an expert, but you probably shouldn't do the sculpt training every day. Muscles need a day of rest to repair. That's why bodybuilders alternate upper/lower body lifting days.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    You can't use an HRM for strength training. It will be way off. Maybe search the Beach Body website and see if there is a recommended average calorie burn. P90X and P90X2 burn approximately 600 and 650, respectively. So, may P90 has a similar recommendation. Just Google it. I'm sure someone has figured it out.