my hair looks awfull!!

Options
13»

Replies

• mom2dms
    mom2dms Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    They make a "dry" shampoo that you can use rather than having to actually wash and dry your hair multiple times a day...I know my stylist uses it and she has beautiful hair!
  • rahrahrita
    rahrahrita Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    If you swim often, wear a swimming cap if you don't wear one already. I wash my hair every other day even though I shower daily, I've found that my hair is a lot more healthy that way. If I wash my hair less frequently than that, it gets greasy, but I shower every time I sweat, so sometimes I do wash my hair a few days in a row. I also use a gentle shampoo without sulfates or parabens, I recommend Alba or Shikai. And once a week I use coconut oil, castor oil, and olive oil and leave it to soak in my hair for an hour. But the most important thing that I've done is I stopped using heat on my hair.

My hair is very long, past my waist, and has been bleached and dyed and bleached again (its ombre now, it's my natural dark brown on top, and the bottom half fades slowly to blonde at the tips) so I really need to take good care of it unless it would look like a haystack!
  • Seokie
    Seokie Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Don't use shampoo all the time - you'll make your hair worse. Use a conditioner as if it were shampoo :) Better for your hair and I use coconut oil all the time - message me if you want more specifics or tips :)
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I am not sure what to advise; I'm losing mine...awe the joys of getting older....

add protein and zinc
  • Yardtigress
    Yardtigress Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I use bar soap instead of shampoo, it is made by a lady in NC. I use coconut oil sometimes afterward, and my hair is soft. I wash it every other day, and rinse the sweat out everyday.
  • LauraTheStylist
    Options
    I only use sulfate free shampoos because the chlorine does it's own part in making hair dry. I ordered a salon brand online called Pro Naturals moroccan argan oil shampoo. I've read wonders about argan oil so I got this one and it does make hair softer and shinier, that I can tell you. I also use argan oil after a shower from that same brand, works wonders if you have frizzy hair like me!