UGGGHHH !!! WATER

Options
Does anyone else here have a hard time drinking enough water? I know how much I am supposed to have, especially when I run/workout but I just can't seem to drink it unless I "feel" thirsty for it. My skin is very dry so I know I should drink more, but I go by my urine color & as long as it isn't real yellow, I feel like I am ok. I still don't know what the studies show on whether you can count water with say... crystal light in it, as water, or water with lemon juice & a packet of stevia as water. What are your thoughts?

Replies

• atxdee
    atxdee Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I hate drinking plain water too!! its hard! So I normally have to squeeze a lot fresh lemons or limes to give it flavor. I try to keep it natural and stay away from Stevia, so don't do crystal lights. or anything w artificial sugar. And I think everyone is different in how much water they need, so I try to hit 8 but on average only hit 6 glasses a day.. even when I'm trying hard.
  • cckellympls
    cckellympls Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I count water with fresh lemon, lime, cucumbers,or raspberries in it as water. I also count my water if i add a little crystal lite into it. But that's it. Some people will disagree with me but that's how i do it! It helps me drink more water if i add a lil something to it.
  • Melanie_RS
    Melanie_RS Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    sure, even foods can have high water percentages. just eat more water dense foods perhaps. Or add extra water into your smoothies. you'll never know it's there.
  • MelissaAnn1983
    MelissaAnn1983 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Technically it is plain water. But you take in water with food as well. Do you run everyday? If so I would try 10 cups of water a day at least. I can drink a bottle of water my pee is clear. So I don't really go by that. That is more along the lines of dehydration. As long as it is pale yellow to clear you wont die pretty much. 2 liters of water a day is what I try to do. I have a hard time with it too. So I tried drinking a liter as soon as I wake up. It is so much easier for me. I use a QT or Race Trac 32 ounce cup and just guzzle it down. Then during the day I sip on water.