Poll: How old is too old to wear a ...?

Options
124»

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    A UK diet company called Diet Chef recently did a poll asking people when they should stop wearing certain things. Bikini, miniskirt, UGG boots…they asked about it all.

But if you want to see what other people think here's when you're too old to wear ...

• Bikini – 47
    • Miniskirt – 35
    • Tube top – 33
    • Stilettos – 51
    • Belly button ring – 35
    • Knee-high boots – 47
    • Leather pants – 34
    • Leggings – 45
    • UGG boots – 45
    • See-through blouse – 40
    • One-piece bathing suit – 61
    • Long hair – 53
    • Ponytail – 51

Your thoughts?

How recent was the poll taken? 1995?

Yeah, who wears UGGs anymore?
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    I'd just love to know what you wear to swim in after 61....Are you supposed to give swimming up??? No one piece after 61 just makes me :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: !!

If someone looks good in what they are wearing and are comfortable, I say go for it!!

Personally, I'd rather see a great looking granny in a bikini than see that young girl I saw yesterday with her pants hanging off her tushy and her muffin top exploding out of the top!
  • LadyIntrepid
    LadyIntrepid Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    All's I have to say is I turn 50 next month and I will wear a bikini as long as I can rock one.
  • IsleEsme
    IsleEsme Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    If you can wear it than do (unless you are my daughter than you will dress appropriately, go ahead...judge me) however please look in the mirror before leaving the house. I don't want to know what color your skivvies are or see your butt crack or an abundance of your rack.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    All's I have to say is I turn 50 next month and I will wear a bikini as long as I can rock one.

Do your thang. You have a better body than most 20 year olds.
  • LadyIntrepid
    LadyIntrepid Posts: 399 Member
    Options

Do your thang. You have a better body than most 20 year olds.

Hey thanks H-Fang!
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    <--- Leather pants, and I just turned 36. Take that, Diet Chef... or whoever else who makes these ridiculous fashion rules. Women... wear what you WANT.
  • hillbillyannie
    hillbillyannie Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...Well according to this if you're my age, 65, you should just pretty well stay home and wear moomoos. Well I have discovered that I like jeans again. Hadn't worn any in many years but now that's about all I do wear. Long ones, short ones and oh yes, skirts not too short but yes above my knees. Wasn't sure what they meant about the bathing suit thing. Can't wear even a one piece after 61? That only leaves one choice if you get in the water. LOL.
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I honestly believe that those rules/guidelines are arbitrary and it should be left to everyone to wear what they want.

That being said, I think UGGS are ugly as hell. But that's just me :) I wore big huge army boots in my youth and thought they were cool.

Personal style. Just show yours.
  • Merc71
    Merc71 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Hey now, what's wrong with Army boots? :bigsmile:

Besides, my wife turns 53 at the end of this month, and she can still rock a bikini.

Age is a state of mind.
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Hey now, what's wrong with Army boots? :bigsmile:

Besides, my wife turns 53 at the end of this month, and she can still rock a bikini.

Age is a state of mind.

I still like 'em, but now they weigh more than me :P

Totally agreed, my friend.
  • dsl01
    dsl01 Posts: 97 Member
    Options

What are you supposed to wear after that?????

Clearly people die after 61. :-P

Well, d**n, I just turned 61.
    Lost all this weight, can't go swimming without breaking a dress code, and now I'm gonna croak.
    This is shaping up to be a bad day.
  • kborton1122
    kborton1122 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I wear what I want and I encourage others to do the same.

This!
  • MikeyD1280
    MikeyD1280 Posts: 5,257
    Options
    only thing anyone is ever to old for anything IS the pajama onesies. those are for up to maybe 14 years old. After that.. just creepy.
  • lauren3382
    lauren3382 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I will wear whatever makes ME feel good, regardless of my age! It's all about confidence and feeling good about oneself.
  • saramariebabyy
    Options

A UK diet company called Diet Chef recently did a poll asking people when they should stop wearing certain things. Bikini, miniskirt, UGG boots…they asked about it all.

But if you want to see what other people think here's when you're too old to wear ...

• Bikini – 47
    • Miniskirt – 35
    • Tube top – 33
    • Stilettos – 51
    • Belly button ring – 35
    • Knee-high boots – 47
    • Leather pants – 34
    • Leggings – 45
    • UGG boots – 45
    • See-through blouse – 40
    • Long hair – 53
    • Ponytail – 51

Your thoughts?

if you are too old for a bikini at 47 and too old for a one piece at 61, then how are you supposed to swim after 61? naked?
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    i'm younger than most of those ages, and i have never worn any of those.
  • whitehairedguy64
    Options
    I agree with all the comments about wearing what you want, what you're comfortable in, but most importantly,what looks good on you and what is flattering to your figure. There are always going to be people, men and women who are going to wear something that is not flattering or appropriate. They're beyond help. There are also many people who are in great shape, who have taken care of themselves and have pride in their appearance. To not wear something simply they are a certain age is absurd.

A couple of observations though.

I have never seen a woman in a tube top anything that looked nice. It wasn't necessarily the woman, but the top and what it does to a woman's body. A tube top doesn't flatter a woman's body, Next would be knee high boots. I confess to being a leg man so knee high boots do nothing for me, and again I've never seen a woman in knee high boots where the boots added to her appearance. Then there are leather pants. I guess they're supposed to have some sex appeal, but I don't find them sexy. They don't flatter a woman's shape or legs. Last are UGG boots. The name is self explanitory............UGG.

As for shear tops and blouses. I've seen many women wearing a shear fabric top over something else, usually a camisole or something similar. The look is GREAT. The camisole can also be shear. Shear on top of shear means you don't see anything, or of you do, it isn't very obvious. I've also seen some women in a shear top with nothing underneath. I congratulate them on their confidence. Generally, it has not been unduly obvious that they weren't wearing something underneath, and best of all.....................breasts are beautiful, so why not???

Another comment about shear. A number of years ago I was glancing through a woman's magazine (doctor's office visit). There was an article about fashion and the "new" shear fabrics. There was picture of a model wearing a very nice sheer fabric skirt and the caption said something like, wear your prettiest panties, or create a stir and wear nothing at all. This from a woman's magazine!

Mini skirts, if you have the legs for them, why not? I've seen women in their late 60's with beautiful legs who look fabulous in mini skirts and short shorts.

Stilletos...............I cringe everytime I see a woman in high heels. That has to be uncomfortable.. I like how "heels" enhance the appearance and shape of a woman's calves and legs, but they don't have to be 4-6" high to do that. And why torture yourself? Sometimes less is more and I think that applies to "heels". A 2-3" heel has the same effect without (hopefully) the discomfort.

So much for old guys opinion.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Do you ever get too old to be judgmental?