breakfast help!!

Options
i could really use some breakfast ideas. i have been eating cereal lately and its actually making me feel sluggish during my night (i work midnights i eat breakfast at around 12:30) so im just wondering what everyone eats for breakfast. i brought eggs and canadian bacon tonight. but any ideas would be very helpful!!

Thanks

Replies

• sabinavaughan
    sabinavaughan Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast is a boiled egg, slice of toast and an orange..top with a glass of skim milk. Could be the carbs getting you sluggish..maybe try having fruit with it as well?
  • InvidiaXII
    InvidiaXII Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I usually have a Greek yogurt and cup of coffee. If I'm still hungry I'll have a packet of instant oatmeal or protein bar too.
  • Stargirlsmiles88
    Stargirlsmiles88 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Eggs and salsa is a good one, fresh fruit, or Bolthouse Farm smoothie...I love those! If you like bacon, center cut bacon is not ALL that bad for you, lol. I also like English muffins, usually with reduced fat cream cheese! ^-^
  • Feelnyoung
    Options
    Sounds yummy.
  • astina2727
    astina2727 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I do a packet of instant oatmeal, flavor with fruit. 1/2 cup skim milk and a bagel think 295 calories and your full a long time.
  • mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I'm really into slow cooked oatmeal
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Eggs and salsa is a good one, fresh fruit, or Bolthouse Farm smoothie...I love those! If you like bacon, center cut bacon is not ALL that bad for you, lol. I also like English muffins, usually with reduced fat cream cheese! ^-^

I like all of those and I use turkey bacon and really like that too. A breakfast burrito can hold a lot of veggies :) also, use the multi-grain english muffins I think the calorie count is only 80. If your short for time Cherrios has a recipe for a breakfast cookie that has peanut butter in it.
  • miansl
    miansl Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Lately i have been loving my breakfast! it tastes great and keeps me full for hours and the bonus- I don't even feel the need to have coffee in the mornings!
    -2 slices of low carb/high fiber bread
    - 1 whole egg +4 egg whites scrambled lightly/kind of folded
    - 1.5 oz avocado
    - 1/2 grapefruit with sprinkle of splenda

Make sure the avocado is ripe; spread the avocado onto the 2 slices of toast like butter; top it with the egg and enjoy! grapefruit comes next and your set!
  • PythagorasStorm
    PythagorasStorm Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Half a cup of oats, one cup low fat milk, one teaspoon golden syrup. - Wonderful!
  • Kalynx
    Kalynx Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    eggs are great - one of the perfect foods - i like mine scrambled or poached or baked - all easy to fix, freezable portable - i have even cracked open an egg at work and cooked it in mug at work in desperate times. dont ask why i had raw eggs available.

a week ago i did quick egg bake when i got up - four eggs a diced jalapeno a small handfull of sundried tomatos and some sausage crumbles. it baked for 30 minutes while i got ready for work and i had 4 portions of a great breakfast to use all week. it went quickly.

i also like eggs/tomatos in any form. i have posted an awesome savory bacon/egg/tomato/onion/sage dish in recipe board you can search for.

also eggs scrambled with salsa. egg bake with whatever you want or like.

pancakes or waffles frozen or reheated or made from scratch in large batches and stored for later.

toast and bacon. bacon and cheese. fresh fruit is a nice side. or a yohgurt fruit smoothie. always quick and easy with very little prep work the night before.

forgot to add - mcdonalds oat meal variety is delicious i like all of them but favorite is just plain hold the fruit and sugar/syrup and i add a tiny bit of sea salt.

bacon is good baked in oven and stored for later in fridge. no mess easy to fix grab and go.

it is hard these days to find a good excuse NOT to have the most important meal of the day - to break my fast.

leftovers from the night before works - protein especially.

and love yourself enough to use real butter. ;)
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I eat waffles, oatmeal or scrambled eggs and bacon.
  • cdag1
    cdag1 Posts: 1
    Options
    Egg whites (1/3 cup) with a slice of cheese (sargento thin provolone or some other favorite) and cup of coffee is my go to. Sometimes I have them in a tortilla or half an english muffin to switch things up when I'm craving carbs. I can usually make it 3 hours until I have snack to tie me over until lunch - some yogurt or cottage cheese with blueberries, or nuts.
  • mummamilla
    Options
    My favs are:
    Boiled egg on toast with Avocado and a smear of Promite.

Baked beans on toast. Keeps me happy till lunchtime

Rolled oats cooked with 1/2 skim milk and 1/2 water, add in a tablespoon on cereal topper/LSA and a teaspoon of honey/golden syrup.
  • GO_NadZ_xO
    GO_NadZ_xO Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    This is what I do now..

http://www.iamnotobese.com/how-to-lose-weight-fast.php#comment-2406

All fruit breakfast. :)
  • kpederslie
    kpederslie Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Miansi - That sounds awesome!

Eggs I find are great at hiding veggies, and veggies are great at bulking up any meal. I scramble 1 egg with a couple extra whites with whatever veggies i have left over, piece of fat free sliced cheese and wrap it up in an 80 calorie wrap, piece of fruit and good to go! On super hungry mornings, I'll have a greek yogurt as well.

Great ideas everyone, keep em coming. Ive been tired of my old breakfasts too, and unfortunately carbs dont work well for me, they just dont stick around as long as i need it too...
  • Terri_Wickwire
    Terri_Wickwire Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Good for you for reaching out and searching out new ideas! Awesome :o)

My breakfast (and sometimes lunch) consists of a Vegan Protein Shake that is rice/yellow pea/cranberry protein in either chocolate, vanilla or a combo of both; I also add in my fiber boost (12.5 grams fiber). I love to add in frozen blueberries, strawberries or raspberries and then a big handful of fresh baby organic spinach. Sometimes, if I'm really hungry I'll add in either about a 1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk or a 1 tsp of almond butter. It easily holds me through til my next meal. Love it! Been using this for about 4 years now.
  • islandmonkey
    islandmonkey Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    As a Canadian, I am still utterly lost on what "Canadian bacon" is.... :)

-smoothie (yogurt, almond milk, frozen blueberries/raspberries, cocoa powder, water, protein powder); some cashews shortly after
    -poached or basted eggs, with cheese
    -fruit and cheese

I too can't do cereal or other simple carbs in the morning; I totally crash.
  • wgh1988
    wgh1988 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    For breakfast I eat...

-3/4 cup liquid egg whites (which is a 2 egg equivalent)
    -3 spoonfuls of pico de gallo salsa (tomatoes and green onions)
    -1/3 cup uncle ben's brown rice

I also drink 1 cup of green tea, which is supposed to help burn fat.

Everytime I ate cereal, granola, or oatmeal, I always get hungry within 2 hours, which makes sense because those foods are carbs and they digest quickly. I realized I needed more protein and a slower acting carbohydrate to get me to lunch.Brown rice is a good complex carb that slowly digests, and you won't crash afterward. Regarding oatmeal, I only eat it in a protein shake when I need an extra carb source for my post-workout meal.
  • annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I usually do a light nonfat yogurt and some fruit for breakfast. Sometimes I have egg beaters and a piece of light wheat bread--usually Sara Lee Delightful 45 calorie per slice. I don't use margarine or butter and use Polaner spreads.
  • scm404
    scm404 Posts: 1
    Options
    Sounds really good, has it worked for you? Have you been doing this for long?