Moobs (pics) (You know you want to click this.)

Options
Recent:
NaZ7bl.jpg

For real.
How do I get rid of these moobs? Will they just go away as I lose weight? I feel like they haven't trimmed down yet. Is there any specific exercise that cuts out pectoral excess fat? I am mostly walking and doing yoga. I also do some minor strength training.

I appreciate any advice preferably from someone who actually did it.

Thanks!

Replies

• caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    burning fat all over i would guess.
    build up the muscle underneath!
  • buckmeatball
    buckmeatball Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    How long have you had them? It's possible the only way to get rid of them is with surgery.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    How long have you had them? It's possible the only way to get rid of them is with surgery.

That is a lie.
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    You need to lose more fat and start doing some resistance training.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    You have lost a bunch of weight so it might just be loose skin and take time to tighten back up, I would concentrate on strength training, build the muscle up underneath. I love my total gym, it really works my chest/arms/shoulders
  • kobashi
    kobashi Posts: 164
    Options

I am extremely active and walk several miles a week. I have heard that walking is best for burning fat. I will look into resistance training. I am still getting used to dropping almost 75 lbs in 4 months so not sure where it went from. I assume fat. ha.
  • ball858
    ball858 Posts: 395 Member
    Options

That is a lie.

Actually, some men can have gynecomastia (forgive spelling) which is breats tissue and no amount of exercise can completely get rid of them. If you are worried and they do not go away with weight loss get them checked at your doctor to see if this is the case.
  • InstantSunshine
    InstantSunshine Posts: 355 Member
    Options

That is a lie.

Sorry, it's not necessarily a lie: if it's gynaecomastia, then surgery is the only way. Article here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7855763.stm
  • heddy90
    heddy90 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Burn fat. You can't really decide the exact spot on your body to lose fat, but it will most probably go away with the rest of your excess fat. Don't be discouraged if it's not the first thing that comes off, different people lose different places at first, it will come off eventually! And of course, it's good for you if you do strength as well, you can build some muscle ;) It won't show until the excess fat on the chest is lower, but no reason not to start right away :D

Walking is a great start, any activity is great! As time goes your intensity should progress, so you can start walking faster and longer, and even break in to a jog! Completely up to you how fast you want your progress to be though :)
  • gmichaelguy
    gmichaelguy Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Spanx for Men until you cut the fat more. Seriously.
  • chrishgt4
    Options

I am extremely active and walk several miles a week. I have heard that walking is best for burning fat. I will look into resistance training. I am still getting used to dropping almost 75 lbs in 4 months so not sure where it went from. I assume fat. ha.

I think the statistic goes like- walking 5 miles is better than jogging 5 miles, but that's more because you are active for a significantly longer period.

If you ran for 30 minutes vs walk for 30 minutes, running is far better.

Weights is significantly better than both of these for many reasons.
  • buckmeatball
    buckmeatball Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Not only is it not a lie it's a very embarrassing reality that I've had for 25 years and have done hours of research on. If they were developed during puberty and never went away, like others have already said, chances are the fat turned to breast tissue and will have to be CUT OUT. It's just like the tissue women have, you could do a million pushups a day and the "moobs" will never go away.
  • kobashi
    kobashi Posts: 164
    Options
    Burn fat. You can't really decide the exact spot on your body to lose fat, but it will most probably go away with the rest of your excess fat. Don't be discouraged if it's not the first thing that comes off, different people lose different places at first, it will come off eventually! And of course, it's good for you if you do strength as well, you can build some muscle ;) It won't show until the excess fat on the chest is lower, but no reason not to start right away :D

Walking is a great start, any activity is great! As time goes your intensity should progress, so you can start walking faster and longer, and even break in to a jog! Completely up to you how fast you want your progress to be though :)

I walk for usually 2 miles 5 times a week. I used to do more but work is intense during the summer. On Saturdays at work, I walk roughly 5-6 miles average. I have pretty much dedicated myself to this so I guess the next step is to get a gym membership. Maybe I can't do it all from home like I thought.

It has gotten me pretty far though. :)
  • kuger4119
    kuger4119 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    If you aren't already, make sure that you are doing plenty of lifting that involves your chest. That will at least tighten everything up. Looking at your waistline, you either still have a fair amount of fat to go yet or some loose skin. If you still have a fair amount of waist fat, odds are, you still have a fair amount of fat in your chest. Abdominal fat is the last to go for guys.

I've still got enough fat in my chest where it is noticeable, although it definitely doesn't count as moobs.
  • chrishgt4
    Options
    in response to the gynaecomastia argument - dude doesn't have gynaecomastia - he has excess fat which he wants advice on how to shed.

Let's not start making up his excuses for him now, and instead just give him some real life advice...
  • heddy90
    heddy90 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    It has gotten me pretty far though. :)
    Great! Sounds like you're on the right path! Good luck :)
  • AlphamaleBAMF
    AlphamaleBAMF Posts: 373 Member
    Options

You still have a bit more to go although to look at you I'd say you're not obese anymore. Get your body fat % checked or measure yourself up to give you some idea of how much you still need to lose.

I'm in the same boat really except I have heaps of back fat instead, probably more than I do on my stomache and even though I have about 15kg to go until my goal weight I know from my body fat percentage after I get to my goal I need to set a new one and take it down another 5-8kg after that. At 5"11 I need to be about 75-80kg.
  • GemaG
    GemaG Posts: 142
    Options
    to be honest I cant see them
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    in response to the gynaecomastia argument - dude doesn't have gynaecomastia - he has excess fat which he wants advice on how to shed.

Let's not start making up his excuses for him now, and instead just give him some real life advice...

He may have but hopefully not.
  • chrishgt4
    Options

He may have but hopefully not.

But to suggest it right out of the blocks is daft.