Pregnancy 2010

Options
jalara
jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
Hey everyone!

Weigh in: 215.2 lbs this morning. Starting weight!

Measurements: what do i wear when taking them?

# times I worked out: tell you after week 1 :wink:

Here we go!

Replies

• tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Hi Girls,
    I didn't post on the last thread, but I am also trying to loose weight before I get prego. I am really excited to see there are so many people that are trying to loose weight for the same reason. We are planning to start TTC in June, so I have just about 6 months to make as big of impact as possible. I don't know about you all, but I feel like I have a big weight on my shoulders...I am not just doing this for me anymore, but I am doing this for someone that I will be 100% responsible for!!

I didn't weigh in today, but I did on Monday, so I will use that.

Weigh in: 202.5
    Work Outs: I went last night, 25 min on Elip. and 10 minutes of Circut Training.
  • jalara
    Options
    Hi Girls,
    I didn't post on the last thread, but I am also trying to loose weight before I get prego. I am really excited to see there are so many people that are trying to loose weight for the same reason. We are planning to start TTC in June, so I have just about 6 months to make as big of impact as possible. I don't know about you all, but I feel like I have a big weight on my shoulders...I am not just doing this for me anymore, but I am doing this for someone that I will be 100% responsible for!!

I didn't weigh in today, but I did on Monday, so I will use that.

Weigh in: 202.5
    Work Outs: I went last night, 25 min on Elip. and 10 minutes of Circut Training.

Welcome Amanda! You are, ofcourse, more than welcome to join us. I feel the same way - it's such a releif to see people in the same situation.

Just so you know, we are also going to be tracking measurements..... I'm waiting for advice on taking those (help everyone - what do I wear?).

Also - I should have labelled this as Pregnancy 2010 Week 1 but didn't - sorry about that everyone!
  • Hopeful4757
    Options
    When I take measurements, I go in the bathroom and wear nothing. You can't get a true measurement of yourself if you are measuring yourself plus clothing. So, measure away! I am also leary because my bathroom scale has been going crazy. I'll get on and it will be one thing, then I'll get off and hop right back on, and it's a difference of 6 lbs or more! So, I unfortunately have to take my first measurement at night, after eating during the day. I am not happy about this.

Does anybody have good advice on a scale to buy? The one I have is a Weight Watchers One.

Also, welcome to everyone just joining. It is really nice to have a common goal with others.
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    What specific measurements are we taking? I always feel like I am "doing it wrong" so any advice would be welcome!
  • jalara
    Options
    When I take measurements, I go in the bathroom and wear nothing. You can't get a true measurement of yourself if you are measuring yourself plus clothing. So, measure away! I am also leary because my bathroom scale has been going crazy. I'll get on and it will be one thing, then I'll get off and hop right back on, and it's a difference of 6 lbs or more! So, I unfortunately have to take my first measurement at night, after eating during the day. I am not happy about this.

Does anybody have good advice on a scale to buy? The one I have is a Weight Watchers One.

Also, welcome to everyone just joining. It is really nice to have a common goal with others.

This may be too much information, but..... while the idea of wearing nothing makes sense, my boobs hang! Then my bust measurement will be way off..... any idea for that one???

Also, I'm thinking we measure bust, waist (at belly button) and hips. Do we do neck, arms and legs as well?
  • Hopeful4757
    Options
    I did upper arm and upper thigh as well. So, hips, bust, upper arms and thighs, and waist. The more the better, especially since everybody loses in different places.
  • Hopeful4757
    Options
    I noticed Lisa's comments were only viewable by friends. How do you do that?
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    you can measure anything you want to. The check in is just to see how you're doing and so we can keep each other accountable NOT so that we're in compitition with each other. So decide what you want to tone the most and measure those areas every week. On MFP under MY HOME there's a "CHECK IN" Tab that you can customize to put your measurements in too and it will build a graft for you to see your progress. I measure myself closeless infront of a mirror to be sure the measuring tape is straight each time. I also encourage everyone to take before pictures and then take pictures once monthly in a bathing suit, or work out clothes, or bra and underwear, so that you can see your own progress.

SW: 163lbs, CW: 160.9lbs
    Arms: 12 3/4"
    Waist: 36 1/2"
    Hips: 39"
    Butt: 43 1/2"
    Thigh: 26"
    Just started this week so I've only worked out 2 days. I'm looking forward to next week!
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    When posting each week can we put a number by the topic like 1, 2, 3, etc so we know which week is current? after a few weeks I'm going to start getting mixed up. Thanks!
  • SteffCooley
    Options

Have you tried replacing your batteries in it? Mine starts acting crazy like that when the batteries are low. Might give that a try before buying a new scale!
  • jalara
    Options
    When posting each week can we put a number by the topic like 1, 2, 3, etc so we know which week is current? after a few weeks I'm going to start getting mixed up. Thanks!

I mentioned that in an earlier post - sorry about that ladies! My error - and I couldn't edit it once I realized what I had left out.
  • alyson212
    Options
    Well i haven't done measurments yet but did weight in so here it is starting weight ouch 170lbs Monday and tuesday i did the 30 day shred and today i am too sore so i am just going to the gym to walk off the soreness
  • Hopeful4757
    Options
    I agree with Angela. Nobody should feel anything but positivity trying to encourage each other, not compete. Also, nobody should feel like they have to post any stats, that is just for people who want to post and may use it to feel accountable. I think this is a great group and it just kept me from snacking! :smile:
  • 00Angela00
    Options
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    I agree with Angela. Nobody should feel anything but positivity trying to encourage each other, not compete. Also, nobody should feel like they have to post any stats, that is just for people who want to post and may use it to feel accountable. I think this is a great group and it just kept me from snacking! :smile:

Ok so this reminded me of a big accomplishment yesterday! I'm a HUGE television snacker and I was watching biggest loser which still causes me to struggle with feeling like a need to be doing something while watching it SO I used the two hours to finish sipping the rest of my needed water for the day ... AND IT WORKED! :-D So happy.
  • jbunzsno
    jbunzsno Posts: 54 Member
    Options

Ok so this reminded me of a big accomplishment yesterday! I'm a HUGE television snacker and I was watching biggest loser which still causes me to struggle with feeling like a need to be doing something while watching it SO I used the two hours to finish sipping the rest of my needed water for the day ... AND IT WORKED! :-D So happy.
    Way to go Angela!! That is a hard thing for me too..television snacking. I will have to try that instead, I also have found if I work on something like write in my journal, crochet, cross-stitch, things like that that will keep my hands busy and my mind off of food.
  • jbunzsno
    jbunzsno Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Oh and here is my weigh in..ugh, I don't like doing this.

CW: 230

I haven't gotten around to doing my measurements yet. But really soon I promise.
  • Hopeful4757
    Options
    Thanks for putting up, "100 Healthiest Foods to Eat During Pregnancy," Angela. What a great post. I know it takes a lot of time to type that up, so please know it is very much appreciated.
  • taneylacine
    Options
    Alright, here I go...starting at 255. Ugh. Very long way to go...don't have measurements yet. I should probably get some way to get those...
  • LisaC1026
    LisaC1026 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    How did everyone find this new thread? I posted to the old thread and was wondering where everyone was....Could someone put a link to the new thread when a new thread is made? :flowerforyou: