Breakfast struggle

Options
2»

Replies

• suegmune
    suegmune Posts: 81
    Options
    How about a protein shake from dashingdish.com? Many days when I have to travel for work, I make one of them up in my Vitamix and I'm on my way. They are between 200-300 cals, with about 20-30 grams of protein. :)
  • bluered3038
    bluered3038 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My problem is, I can eat anytime, day or night. doesn't make a difference. And that is why I'm on this site and needing to lose weight.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Personal preference, all the way.
  • nskerr
    nskerr Posts: 91
    Options
    I've always loved breakfast but I can't eat first thing. It usually takes me a while before I eat. Currently I get up around 5:30 but don't eat until 7:40 or so. But I do have a coffee around 6. It gets my system moving and by the time I get to work I am hungry.
  • SJoers
    SJoers Posts: 1
    Options
    I have one daughter that struggles to eat breakfast in the morning. So we did come up with a smoothie that both my daughters like and they make it probably 4 or 5 days a week and share. They eat about 45 min-1 hour after they get up in the morning.
    No, eating breakfast won't affect weight loss too much, but what it does do, is break the fast you've been in since the night before and it kicks your brain into gear and you function better as a whole.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem. I tried for two days eating breakfast first thing in the morning and I just couldn't get it down. I have been eating 5 or 6 smaller meals and have found that I'm hungry earlier. I get up at 6 and get hungry and eat at 8. That's the best I can do right now. I think breaking up big meals into a bunch of smaller ones helps get the metabolism going.
  • Ambrogio1
    Ambrogio1 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Its more about what you are doing to recoop from expending energy. If you are waking up, getting ready, driving to work and then sitting down for 2 hours then your stores will get you through that time because your body is not exerting too much energy. Eat when you want. Make your body work for you. F the infomercials and Dr Oz. Do what works for you. IF you get dizzy witout food eat, if you get sick when you eat that early then don't eat that early.
  • jen10st
    jen10st Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    i get up at 6, am in work by 7, my bum doesn't touch a seat until 10 for my break so if i don't eat before work i'll be fainting. But even on days off i struggle to break my fast regardless of what time of day it it. i think i'll just have to presevere.